Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Oppo, Nov 10, 2017.

1. redjirachi Well-Known Member

@ Hydrons: Seems more plausible that T.R gets in through H.R than anything. Besides him truly stealing Taft's nomination, of course

2. Newne76 Prime Minister of Soda

Here's 22 Chancellors of the American Alliance of States with this little background. Essentially the government opts to model the government slightly off of the british system with a prime minister being the head of state while the head of government would be wielded into a Chancellor. The Prime Minister is appointed for a Chancellor who is elected initially by the House of Nobility until 1830, when the House of Counties was also allowed to put forward candidates until the catastrophic election of 1814 which deadlocked it due to favorite sons blocking the needed 3/4ths of a majority.

This leads to a simpler way of having the threshold for election to the office of Chancellor be a simple plurality of the vote rather than an outright majority. The Prime Ministers usually serve at the pleasure of the Chancellor, with the Chancellor facing elections every 2 to 4 years depending on an amendment passed by any bill within the House of Counties, though this is always weeded out as an illegal modification to the Constitution by the House of Nobles.
    [​IMG]

3. Adam The Nerd A weird nerd

Is there some sorta military occupation?

4. Newne76 Prime Minister of Soda

I'm going to assume you mean Ernest King and MacArthur, so King was elected democratically, just with the backing of the us navy as a political force alongside it's military role. MacArthur, however, overthrew Landon in 1941 and ruled as a military dictator until his death in 1964, after which a counter coup was launched by Goldwater who established a democratic government.

PopulistBean and Adam The Nerd like this.
  5. Adam The Nerd A weird nerd

Fascinating

6. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

“Governor-General of Scotland”....“Elected Emperor of the New Hampshire Empire”.....“Anglophobic Alliance Association”?....“kaiser of Kansas”?!

I’m both fascinated and a little frightened

Ohheckitsian likes this.
  7. Newne76 Prime Minister of Soda

In New Hampshire, they worked the government out by establishing eight city states, forty bishop cities (30 protestant and 10 catholic majority cities) and stipulated that the emperor had to be selected first by a narrow majority of half +1 of the bishop cities (11 protestant and 10 Catholic before being approved by the general public (landowners and business owners) New Hampshire was effectively it's own independent state, minus the taxes it paid to the american government.

Dallas was offered to be "President-Duke of Scotland and Ireland" by a wealthy fraud artist who scammed Dallas out of 4,000 pounds. When he got over to Scotland, the English had just finished putting down a revolt and offered him to maintain order for a year. His administration didn't get along well with the English government and so he left office after his year mandate.

Ernest King felt bitter after the First World War mostly about the trading rights and the neglect of the Chinese Front which he blamed the british and immigrants for, establishing a know nothing style anti immigration political party he called the Anglophobic Alliance Association, which sought to establish alliances as a part of foreign policy against the British Empire.

Landon is the Kaiser of Kansas because of a bet he made with the german kaiser Wilhelm II in a yacht race. If Landon's american ship won, then the Kaiser would be titled "Chancellor of the Berlin-Topeka Axis" Landon ended up loosing the race and was granted permission by the Council on Intercontinental Affairs to be granted the title of Kaiser of Kansas until death, only for him to be forced to relinquish it when MacArthur overthrew Landon to rub salt in the wound.

wolfhound817 likes this.
  8. CM_ New Member

As a daughter of an Earl she reverts to Lady [X] [Husbands surename]

9. Riley Uhr Muldoon did nothing wrong

Bill Goldwater?

10. CapitalistHippie Stassen 2020

I assume Bill Clinton either was adopted by Barry Goldwater or married him or Goldwater Jr. (Newne76 is fond of politicians entering relationships with each other in his timelines).

Newne76 likes this.
  11. Riley Uhr Muldoon did nothing wrong

ah yes the gay icons of barry goldwater and bill... goldwater

Newne76 likes this.
  12. CapitalistHippie Stassen 2020

It’s called Adaptational Sexuality and Newne76 loves it.

Newne76 and Goweegie2 like this.
  13. Newne76 Prime Minister of Soda

It's one of the tropes that my lists of any political leaders involving the united states have, with Barry Goldwater being gay. I do like it, though I can easily see that it gets boring after a while and done to death, so I'll have to broaden my horizons with other various alternate couples in the future, but for now bill goldwater is alright for me, not the greatest one I've done by a longshot, but it's there, staring at my trope collection.
    In this instance, Barry Goldwater married Bill Clinton in the 1980s after Hillary got a divorce from Bill after it turned out he was sleeping with Barry in a political scandal.

14. CapitalistHippie Stassen 2020

Tbh the part of this I am most uncomfortable with is the thirty year age gap here

15. Riley Uhr Muldoon did nothing wrong

Former Senator Harris Wofford married a man 40ish years his jr

16. lord caedus Very legal and very cool

I know your whole thing is "aesthetically ugly shitposting", but at this point, it's just trolling.

And not even particularly good trolling at that.

17. Ongo Certified Procyon lotor

[​IMG]
    For the most part, this info box will be entirely non-canonical, because of course, Humans don't exist in this world. This is a makeover of how my election infoboxes will work while featuring a map to graph the election results, for the pictures I mostly used political figures or any others from the 1970s to 1980s. Mostly, these faces are recognizable to many following this thread, and it's just me screwing around with Wikipedia infoboxes and inspect element to create a fictional election. Unfortunately, the map is empty, because I was just too lazy to put all the information in because of how much time it would take, so, just have a placeholder!

18. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Don't.

19. GBehm Fool me twice, fool me chicken soup with rice.

Seeing Connor Langley's portrait gave me quite a...Rush.

Ongo likes this.
  20. Onerom Orchard Lord

upload_2019-9-10_18-21-45.png