Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another post from my Führerreich to the Present timeline, this time it's the current British Prime Minister ITTL, as well as the first of Afro-Caribbean (specifically Grenadian) descent, Rick Baptiste.

Rick Baptiste.PNG

Ya' know, you already picked up a Plagiarism for copying stuff from the exact same member you are lifting this stuff from. I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt until I reviewed your record. You didn't even bother to use a different member's stuff.

Consider yourself blessed that BKW only gave you a warning last time. This is normally a one kick offense. You are getting an extra chance. You WILL NOT get two.

Kicked for a week.

In case you guys didn't know, I just spent three hours writing up a GIS tutorial and sharing my Quebec data from the OTL map thread with him in DMs because he reached out to me for this project. So, as long as @Gian gives credit like I told him he needed to where credit is do...

Like yeah, there is nothing wrong with borrowing a good idea, just give credit. Especially since yankee dominion has kinda gone dormant until I get a job.

Last edited:
Something a bit different this time, maybe I'll expand on this scenario soon.

The 1988 Presidential Election was the 51st quadrennial United States presidential election. It was held on Tuesday, November 8, 1988. Democratic nominee Sam Nunn defeated incumbent Republican Pierre S. du Pont, IV and a few minor candidates. Due to the permanent fracture of the Democratic Party during Nunn's tenure, some historians consider the election to mark the end of the Fifth Party System.

du Pont had an otherwise unremarkable term, although many of his domestic policies were considered unconventional and highly controversial. Nevertheless he defeated a primary challenge from conservative Senator Bob Dole, and he was considered by Republicans to be an easily re-electable candidate. However Bob Dole entered the race as an independent candidate, dissatisfied with du Pont’s record as a moderate Republican. The Democratic Party continued to suffer from significant infighting between the labor and libertarian wings of the party that plagued them since 1976. Sam Nunn, a Senator from Georgia, represented the former faction and Cecil Andrus, former Governor of Idaho represented the latter faction. After a long and contentious primary, Sam Nunn emerged as the front-runner to clinch the Democratic nomination. At the convention, he worked to reconcile the two factions and chose Andrus as his running mate.

Sam Nunn campaigned as a political moderate, but he still aimed to empower unions, improve access to healthcare, and improve the economy which had begun to worsen as campaigning began. du Pont’s economic proposals were considered too interventionist and alienated some mainstream conservatives. du Pont at first had a large lead in polling until the economic downturn began in August. Polls narrowed in the following months and the race was considered close on election day.

Nunn won a slight majority of the popular and electoral vote. He won the Democrats’ traditional safe states in the Deep South and the Midwest as well as the vital swing states in the Northeast and the Pacific Coast. Bob Dole acted as a spoiler for duPont in these key states, allowing Nunn to win by a plurality. As of 2019, this is the last time a Democratic candidate has won a majority of the Western states, and the last time a Democratic candidate won California.

I assume that Nunn's victories in the Mountain West mostly come from vote-splitting between du Pont and Dole?

I assume that Nunn's victories in the Mountain West mostly come from vote-splitting between du Pont and Dole?
Not only that, but the TTL Democrats has a major market liberal/libertarian wing based in the Mountain States and because Nunn actually tried reconciling with said faction, their voters mostly vote for Nunn. Of course this coalition collapses the next election, but it works this time.

In case you guys didn't know, I just spent three hours writing up a GIS tutorial and sharing my Quebec data from the OTL map thread with him in DMs because he reached out to me for this project. So, as long as @Gian gives credit like I told him he needed to where credit is do...

Like yeah, there is nothing wrong with borrowing a good idea, just give credit. Especially since yankee dominion has kinda gone dormant until I get a job.
Yeah but that doesn't invalidate that more than one element looks suspiciously familiar

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Which is kind of the point. Leinad gave permission to use elements so long as they were credited. That credit didn't happen.

Indeed. I’ve given a lot of thought to this since the last incident...

I myself have been inspired by numerous members of this forum; @Thande, @lord caedus, @Turquoise Blue, @CanadianTory, @Kanan to name a few. But I have always tried to credit those who inspire me, and seek permission before I do. The issue with this is that there are some blatant similarities (see the Alaskan flag) which have not been acknowledged.

Anyone is welcome to use my work as a base, or any elements of my work, providing they are credited and I’ve been consulted prior.

IMHO this forum and the wider Alternate History community is at its strongest when we work collaboratively with each other, rather than pinching things from one another.

Let’s draw a line under it and move on.

Indeed. I’ve given a lot of thought to this since the last incident...

I myself have been inspired by numerous members of this forum; @Thande, @lord caedus, @Turquoise Blue, @CanadianTory, @Kanan to name a few. But I have always tried to credit those who inspire me, and seek permission before I do. The issue with this is that there are some blatant similarities (see the Alaskan flag) which have not been acknowledged.

Anyone is welcome to use my work as a base, or any elements of my work, providing they are credited and I’ve been consulted prior.

IMHO this forum and the wider Alternate History community is at its strongest when we work collaboratively with each other, rather than pinching things from one another.

Let’s draw a line under it and move on.
Quick summary of my view, I promise I'll say no more afterwards:

He failed to credit, that's why IMO he was accused and banned.

THE END.

Nation infoboxes are the devil. Here's an infobox for Kasnia (Kaznia?), a fictional country in the DC universe, first seen in the DCAU cartoons.
Nifty.

I presume Filip Maric is the "Regent" Lex Luthor was doing business with?

I presume that you're assuming the North Kasnians and South Kasnians are Serbs and Bulgarians or vice versa?

Bogdanoff

Banned
My question is unrelated toTTL's Germany, but this map of Europe you have there really made me wonder how Kalmykia, of all places, aquired it's independence&joined EU?

Nifty.

I presume Filip Maric is the "Regent" Lex Luthor was doing business with?

I presume that you're assuming the North Kasnians and South Kasnians are Serbs and Bulgarians or vice versa?
Yep, you got all of it. The North is the Serbs as they are closer to Serbia, and same for the Bulgarians in the south.

My question is unrelated toTTL's Germany, but this map of Europe you have there really made me wonder how Kalmykia, of all places, aquired it's independence&joined EU?
I haven't fully decided yet, but probably a Kalmyk or Kalmyk-sympathizing Soviet leader made Kalmykia its own SSR at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.