Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Oppo, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Thomas27 Kerala of Travancore

The Tiananmen revolution from my new illustrated alternate history book "Au Bord de l'Abîme: Cycle 2"
    You can grab a copy on Amazon.
    [​IMG]
    This part of the book have been inspired by the work of Tony Kwok on the first version of "A Song was Heard in China: A Different Tiananmen". Many elements are different, the conclusion and impact of the event of the world and on the future 3rd book are also very different as they are part of a very different universe.

I you have not read it yet I clearly recommend you this rebooted version (that I just discovered and will read) of the TL: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...ina-a-different-tiananmen-version-2-0.438001/

2. DrWalpurgis ha ha ha OH WELL

What's happening with the Liberals?

3. movingmillion Writing unrealistic drabble

I forgot to mention, Castle manages to also appease the centre ground of the party as well, causing the SDP to not defect from Labour, and by extension prevent the creation of the Alliance and eventual Lib Dems. The Liberals continue their spell of bad results at least up to the 89 election, to the degree seen in OTL's 79 election.

4. krinsbez Well-Known Member

5. Goweegie2 Infobox posting transgirl

No link yet, and even when there is it's just gonna be a collection of infoboxes and maps probably

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019 at 6:29 PM
  6. Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

Please don't quote the entire post.

7. Goweegie2 Infobox posting transgirl

8. Goweegie2 Infobox posting transgirl

Update, I made a thread

Thomas27 and Betelgeuse like this.
  9. canadian902 May 2019

[​IMG]

10. XTrapnel Kentish Man, NOT Man of Kent

[​IMG]

11. movingmillion Writing unrealistic drabble

Making a Peter Shore infobox to continue the timeline; but I have a question. Should the jobs in the officeholder infobox go in order of the seniority of the position, or the point at which they were held/started being held?

XTrapnel likes this.
  12. THeaven I am the Watcher

PSX_20190712_111035.jpg
    In my take on What if CSA won the civil war Abraham Lincoln lost reelection in 1864 which historians would chalk up to the national union party being a disaster & voters getting burnt out by war.
    However with the assassination of President George McClellan by Confederate terrorist John Wilkes Booth and Penletons failures at protecting the territories & and borders during the Canadian revolution aloud Lincoln to become the first president to serve two non consecutive terms in office.

Temeraire, 297*, AlternateMan and 6 others like this.
  13. XTrapnel Kentish Man, NOT Man of Kent

14. Goweegie2 Infobox posting transgirl

What caused him to die early?

XTrapnel likes this.
  15. Excelsior Time's arrow marches forward

I think usual Wikipedia policy is to put the highest office at the top (such as president) and everything else after that in chronological order, most recent to last. If the offices are all of comparable level then just chronological order is fine.

Nazi Space Spy likes this.
  16. Goweegie2 Infobox posting transgirl

17. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Where did you come up with the design for the Alaskan Flag?

18. movingmillion Writing unrealistic drabble

Thanksy for the info and praise; it's appreciated as I get back into this sort of thing. Peter Shore is definitely not the start of a dynasty, but... to quote a Frothy timeline; 'he has staying power' within leadership.

The 1984 Labour Leadership race was launched almost immediately after the General Election of October that year, following the resignation of Barbara Castle. Barbara Castle's resignation was necessitated by Labour's general election loss to the Conservatives.

In Barbara Castle's resignation speech, she pays tribute to the longest spell of Labour government since the party's inception. After this, she departs from Downing Street for the last time and advises the Queen to send for Douglas Hurd to form a government.

Michael Foot was once again the frontrunner for the top job in the Labour Party, but for the last time he declines to run for it; citing his close association with both Barbara Castle and Harold Wilson. Roy Hattersley was also tipped to run for Labour Leader but states that he does not think that the time is right for him to run for the leadership, stating that it would be better in the next Leadership race. Little did Hattersley know that he would never have a reasonable chance to get the leadership again.

Peter Shore announced his candidacy for the leadership of the party, as well as Eric Heffer and a dark horse candidate; Margaret Beckett. Heffer does not have the experience required to get much support at all and is knocked out in the first round of voting rather easily.

Peter Shore, however, had quite a large deal of experience in the cabinet; following the election of Barbara Castle as Labour Leader and Prime Minister, Shore was elevated to the post of Leader of the House of Commons. Following the untimely death of Anthony Crosland, who Barbara (as promised) made Chancellor, Gerald Kaufman was made Chancellor as his replacement.

Following a reshuffle after the 1979 election in which Labour narrowly emerged victorious, Peter Shore was elevated to one of the four Great Offices of State; with Kaufman being removed from the cabinet due to perceived poor financial decisions, and Shore being made Chancellor. Following the election defeat in 1984, Shore had shadowed his post as chancellor for the months encompassing the leadership election.

The results of the final round are announced on the 11th of December 1984, and they show that Peter Shore is elected in a landslide victory with 76% of the overall vote. He is made Leader of the Opposition immediately, and the first Prime Minister's Questions with Peter Shore as LOTO is vicious.

Enoch Powell appeared to be right when he said he was the 'greatest orator of our generation' as the Conservatives had little chance to bite back against Shore in this first appearance. Castle looked on from the backbenches with the knowledge that Peter Shore was their best chance at getting back into power once again.

Peter Shore, on a good day, was able to pummel the Conservatives during his performances at PMQs, and his performances led to the decision to have what is in hindsight the early introduction of BBC Parliament initially as a programming block in 1986. The public therefore gets more exposure to Peter Shore, which further revives the fortunes of the Labour Party.

By 1989, The Conservatives under Douglas Hurd were having a horrific time, and with a British recession hitting very early, the Tories took the brunt of the blame for it. Prime Minister Hurd somewhat reluctantly calls an election for May 4th, knowing that they were likely going to face a rather bad result, again. Since 1964, Labour had won 64, 66, February 74, October 74 and 79. The Conservatives since 1964 had only won 1970 and 1984, and it looked like they were going to lose again. The Hurd Government had strengthened their ties with the European Economic Area; Peter Shore made it very clear that a vote for him and Labour would be a vote against the EEC.

People tuned to their TVs on May 4th 1989 to see DECISION 89 being advertised on BBC One for 9:50 PM onwards. David Dimbleby was preparing for another election night when it eventually came to 10:00, and he spoke the exit poll...
    "And the exit poll suggests Peter Shore is to be Prime Minister, and a small landslide is likely. You can see on your screens jubilant celebration from Labour Party Headquarters. The Conservative Party HQ, with much more sombre scenes. So, I will repeat that; Peter Shore is to be Prime Minister and this is why. Labour are on 43%, Conservatives on 36%, and the Liberals under Paddy Ashdown have had a surprisingly good night, with 19%, others on a small 2%."

This result is more akin to 1966 than to 1997, and the seat numbers would be around this level. This would be the last Labour landslide to date. Peter Shore would make a victorious speech from his constituency in Bethnal Green. To some degree this election was a complete surprise; the election was a tossup between Labour and the Conservatives, with a hung parliament being a very realistic possibility, but there weren't many that were expecting a Labour Landslide.

Douglas Hurd was the most shocked at the result. He thought that the Conservatives probably would have been able to scrape through by being the largest party in a hung parliament, but this was obviously not the case. This was to be the start of an extended period in opposition, and also the evident end of Douglas Hurd's political career; perhaps the start of many other careers.

Hurd who only five years earlier was in the opposite position, with him being the incoming Prime Minister, found himself making a resignation speech before spectators and journalists. He spoke in a rather fearful tone of Britain's future in the EEC but otherwise states that he knows that the incoming government will try to do the best by its people. He announces his resignation as Leader of the Conservative Party, spawning another leadership contest, and then announces his intention to recommend Queen Elizabeth II to fetch for Peter Shore to form a government. After this, he goes into the motorcade towards Buckingham Palace and tenders his resignation as Prime Minister. Before long, Peter Shore is before Downing Street himself, officially crowned Prime Minister.
    bu.png
    (This is really, really fun to do!)

Temeraire, Zyxoriv, gap80 and 2 others like this.
  19. X_X Well-Known Member

“The revolutionary is a doomed man. He has no private interests, no affairs, sentiments, ties, property nor even a name of his own. His entire being is devoured by one purpose, one thought, one passion - the revolution. Heart and soul, not merely by word but by deed, he has severed every link with the social order and with the entire civilized world; with the laws, good manners, conventions, and morality of that world. He is its merciless enemy and continues to inhabit it with only one purpose - to destroy it.” -Pyotr Verkhovensky

“You know, I was actually cool with this whole demon lord enslaving humanity as punishment for neo-imperialist capitalism. Then I realized that a violent blood deity based around 1870s Russian nihilistic anarchism only knew passive queerphobia in its nonexistent heart. Great, now my body is painfully rebirthed every five minutes and the only sounds I hear are PewDiePie livestreams.” -Natalie Wynn

“Trapped at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, in an adamantine prison, Steve Bannon is forced to forever experience the sensation of drowning as his digestive tract becomes the incubator for our dark tyrant’s unholy offspring. Millions of conservatives are forced to swim to the sea bottom to save him, all of them dying along the way.” -Breitbart Article “Why This Totally Obama’s Fault”

“Hello viewers. In case you’re wondering why my physical appearance is that of your loved ones being gorily murdered and why my voice is literally a godless mix of human shrieking and nails on a chalkboard, you can thank Nechayev for that. This is the punishment for my vice. Anyways, Clinton is finally is a prison of sorts, so I guess that’s a pyrrhic victory…” -Tucker Carlson

“Despite the fact that my blood has turned into an acidic mixture and thus every nerve in my body aches beyond human comprehension and that I am therefore immobile, I will continue to proclaim myself the democratically elected ruler of Russia. Everything will be right after I escape this labyrinth of lost souls that is larger than the universe itself. Should take what… two weeks tops?” -Vladimir Putin

upload_2019-7-12_13-59-46.png

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 8:51 PM
  20. Planita13 Wishing for a Lake

MasterSanders and Goweegie2 like this.