Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyBoy

Banned
Ronald McDonald was the 37th President of the United States,33rd Governor of California and notable for being the only independent president until the election of Ross Perot in 1992. (Subsequently since the time of the golden arches, there have been the presidencies of John Silber with the assassination of Perot in 1995.) He was born on the last day of august in 1923 to a twice divorced world war I veteran and a former secretary for the governor of Colorado in the early 1900's.
Man imagine the punk scene ITTL

amuaplye3-png.449394

Forgot to add this here.

Fortunately, it looks like it might be publicly visible after all! Tell me if this works.
While I can't blow up the images, @Thande 's following posts define the State-to-Province model he used to determine his elections. Thanks! I'll see what I can come up with for the '20 to '88 period.

Bolt451

Gone Fishin'
Somebody in another thread wanted a wikipedia infobox of current Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz as an NFL player, so I might as well post it here too.

CcXWlno.png

Matthew Louis Gaetz II is a former professional american football tight end in the National Football League (NFL) who played for the New England Patriots from 2004 to 2008 and the Oakland Raiders from 2009 to 2011. He was two time Super Bowl championship and the, including the MVP of Super Bowl XLII

Gaetz was drafted in the fifth round of the 2004 NFL draft after receiving Second Team All ACC honors from Florida St. Used primarily as a blocking tight end, Gaetz never caught more than 10 passes in a season until his breakout performance in Super Bowl XLII, where he snagged 9 passes for 95 yards and a touchdown, setting the record for most receiving yards by a tight end in a Super Bowl. After the 2008 season, Gaetz signed a 5 year, 25 million dollar contract with the Oakland Raiders, the highest contract for a tight end in NFL history. However, Gaetz could never replicate his Super Bowl performance and was released after 3 seasons, retiring soon after. Gaetz is largely known as being one of the largest one shot wonders and contract busts in NFL history.

Thought this was a young Ted Kennedy at first glance!

This is my attempt to Turkify/Hungarianise/Polishise British politics (i.e. a socially conservative, right-wing, Eurosceptic party becomes dominant).

FYI, the SDP–FDP coalition before 2011 brings in proportional representation, with a 7% threshold for parties, hence why the United Conservatives lose all their seats in 2014.

I prefer the Campbell-Bannerman of the early 20th century to that one.

The Senate can only choose between the top two candidates, so Lieberman cannot be selected as VP in this scenario. You would need to flip Gore and Bush's standings (the House choose between top three).

Why does Trump run as an independent in 2004 instead of sticking with the Reform Party, their funds and ballot access?
Ah crap, okay I'll change that.

One: that's fairly amazing, though the boxes listing what I assume are notable events/crises/etc. are not well formatted.
First off, thank you for that.
Second off I'm begining to see what you mean as I take a second look at most of the events, with my lack of semicolons separating individual events.
Ex: Trenton Bread Riots Death of Emperor Norton.
It gets a little bit unclear as to if they are two separate events, if the bread riots resulted in the death of the Emperor or if the death of the emperor had a cause in the bread riots. Also another one was Welles' Jewish Voters Rights which then jumps down to Act of 1875, so it might be somewhat confusing. The current way I have it formatted may lead to confusion over what individual events are, if they are connected to another adjacent word.

upload_2019-4-8_17-47-0.png

Bob Arnold is an American politician and convicted felon who represented Oregon's 2nd congressional district in the House of Representatives from 1989 to 1991.

On September 26, 1991, Arnold was arrested in a sting operation by the FBI after an anonymous tip that revealed that Arnold had been involved in several large scale bribery schemes, including a recent payoff from a logging firm of around $500,000. Arnold was expelled from the House of Representatives later that day unanimously, and was later charged and sentenced to 20 years in prison. Arnold, who had been atheist but never publically revealed his religious affiliation in Congress, came out as a born-again Christian in 1992 shortly after his prison sentence began. Arnold was released on parole in 2003, and currently resides in Portland, Oregon.​

Screenshot 2019-04-09 at 9.43.43 AM.png

The 2009 United Kingdom general election was held on Thursday 4 June 2009, to elect 650 members to the House of Commons. The election was initially intended to be held on 7 May 2009, but was delayed in order to coincide with elections to the European Parliament as well as local elections. The Labour Party led by Tony Blair won its fourth consecutive victory, with Blair becoming the first ever Labour leader to form four majority governments. However, its majority now stood at a lowly 14 seats compared to the 66-seat majority it had previously held, as well as to the large 160-seat majority it had held before that. As of 2019, it remains the last general election victory for the Labour Party.

Tony Blair was returned as Prime Minister for a fourth consecutive term in office, with Labour having 332 MPs on a popular vote of 31.6%, the lowest of any majority government in UK electoral history for the second consecutive election. In terms of votes, it was only narrowly ahead of the Conservatives, but still had a comfortable lead in terms of seats. The Conservatives returned 213 MPs, with only 15 more seats than they had won at the previous general election, and though they won the popular vote in England, while still ending up with 69 fewer MPs in England than Labour; this indicated the party lost many close races and won large majorities in its heartlands. The Liberal Democrats saw their popular vote increase by 4.1% and, for the second consecutive election, won the most seats of any third party since 1923, with 77 MPs.

In Northern Ireland, Sinn Féin won the most votes at a Westminster election for the first time, though only managed to hold its five seats but did not see any additional seat gains; the more hardline of the main unionist parties Democratic Unionist Party won the most seats and remained the largest Northern Irish party, though they were still reduced from nine MPs to eight. The more moderate Ulster Unionist Party, which had previously dominated Northern Irish politics from the 1920s until the 2005 election, fought the election as allies of the Conservative Party, under the banner of Ulster Conservatives and Unionists - New Force. The UUP failed to win any seats for the first time in over 100 years. Following the election, Conservative leader David Cameron initially refused to resigned, though eventually relented and was succeeded by his ally, future Prime Minister George Osborne, under whose leadership the Conservatives successfully unseated Blair's Labour at the 2013 general election.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.