Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Oppo, Nov 10, 2017.

1. JDuggan All power to the factory committees

As soon as the states were called I noticed it, so I thought why not include it.

2. Shads Peter Shores Ghost

Adrian Mole Was Right
    "I have lived under Tory rule for most of my life, but as dawn breaks on May the First I predict New Labour will scrape in with a tiny majority... possibly three... to form the next government."

adrianmolewasright.png
    (This is based on the hilariously pessimistic comment of Adrian Mole on the eve of the 1997 General Election from the Book and later one off tv show "Adrian Mole: The Cappuccino Years". I suppose for an actual POD maybe Blair isn't quite able to take the centre ground, for example perhaps he keeps Clause IV. This was just a spur of the moment idea from rewatching the TV Show.)

3. Avalanches Well-Known Member

My tastes are... unconventional.

This is from a TL thing I'm working on, I'll get a write-up for this edited in sometime soon.

pressler box.png

LouisTheGreyFox, gap80, NVB and 16 others like this.
  4. Charcolt Canvassing for Maverick Case

The Happy Warrior: The Election of 1976
    With all Faithless Elector votes pictured for all the chaos.

[​IMG]

5. TwisterAce Looks like a 17-year-old Steve Carell

What office(s) did Beau Willimon hold in this TL? I guess this means no American House of Cards, unless someone else helmed the show. I also realized he would be just barely old enough to serve as VP (he turned 35 in 2012) and would be the youngest VP in U.S. history, beating John Breckinridge by a year.

Also I love that the Democrats won Oklahoma. I'm guessing Carson won the 2004 Senate race against Tom Coburn.

6. True Grit Creek

He worked as a communications staffer on Dean's campaign IOTL and gets a similar post in the White House, then returns to Missouri to run for the senate in 2010 following Dean's defeat.

And yup, Carson wins in 2004.

Kermode likes this.
  7. Ohheckitsian A fella from New Jersey

CFC82CC3-1A2F-4CAF-864B-FF322243F313.png F4565DB8-7470-4D2F-9526-1AE761DBEEB4.png
    The Happy Warrior: Vice President Edmund Muskie and President Hubert Humphrey

8. Josh Poynter Active Member

Alternate 2000 F1 Season
    Possible TL?

2000 WDC.png

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. DoritosandmtnDew Active Member

What the hell did Schumacher do?

10. Josh Poynter Active Member

Had another Jerez moment at Malaysia, tried to take out Hakkinen at the last corner but ended up retiring.

11. olavops Well-Known Member

Peep Show Election

upload_2019-3-13_14-19-31.png

12. Kodoku (▰︶︹︺▰)

Here are two infoboxes I made for my "ASBish" TL, showcasing the US & my home state.

Certain subjects that you see in a regular infobox are missing, basically because I haven't gotten to those parts yet. (Ethnic & Religious makeup, Population density, Chief Justice, Senators from GA) While they are both somewhat simple, I think it pretty much does a good job of pointing certain details out.

The Governor & Lieutenant Governor for GA are temporary, as I just picked people who I quickly thought of. (Namely the Governor. Lieutenant was random.)

United States.png State of Georgia.png

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  13. Shads Peter Shores Ghost

This is perhaps the greatest thing ever but surely Mark is more of a Lib Dem (I remember him saying he’s quite the fan of paddy Ashdown) whilst Johnson is the affluent Tory?

Nevertheless, I wonder how the Jeffish Nationalist Party and the United Kingdom Darylpendence Party did.

Vendaval, JDuggan and olavops like this.
  14. Kermode FKA conchobhar Donor

Good catch. I always like when PODs have unexpected, but entirely plausible ripples like these.

True Grit likes this.
  15. SgtRL-3 Well-Known Member

upload_2019-3-15_9-24-55.png

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  16. olavops Well-Known Member

I pictured it as Mark appealing to moderate Conservatives steady in the centre, while Johnson and his libertarian and almost social-darwinist tendencies appealing to the laissez-faire liberals within the Lib-dems. Anyways, That and the fact that I wanted Mark to win(because Johnson can bugger off) and there was no way that was plausible with the Lib Dems.

Shads and JDuggan like this.
  17. olavops Well-Known Member

Since the new Aladdin trailer just came out recently, I thought "why not?'
    I used names and places from "One Thousand and One Nights" to fill blanks and give it some extra spice.

upload_2019-3-14_2-51-14.png upload_2019-3-14_2-51-26.png upload_2019-3-14_2-51-40.png

18. Erinthecute Well-Known Member

Those logos are great. Especially the FG logo looking like the exact kind of cheesy thing a political party would use. 11/10.

19. Ugly Idiot Beautiful Genius

Thanks! Unfortunately the the FG logo was the logo of a real French political party, and the Union Nationale was actually used in a Quebecois political party, but I slightly modified both of them. The MPLR logo is the only one really made by me and uses the same text font as OTL's En Marche! of France.

Erinthecute likes this.
  20. Ugly Idiot Beautiful Genius

While I'm thinking about it I should probably post the infobox I made for Florida, and I'd like to apologize for the lack of detail in the area and GDP sectors, but those were incredibly boring to do and I want to have fun making the Infoboxes.
    [​IMG]

The Kingdom of Florida, better known as Florida is a Spanish-speaking country in North America. Bordered to the north by Virginia, to the west by Canada and sharing a maritime border in the Carribean Sea with Cuba and the Bahamas. Florida was a Spanish colony from 1513 to 1881 without interruptions, before gaining Independence from Spain after the Floridan Revolution in 1882. Florida crowned Enrique, the 2nd of Seville (who had lost his titles for his participation in the revolution) as their King. Today Florida is one of the most developed and democratic countries in North America.

Vive le Canada
    Aimée Klobuchar
    Michel Penin, Jean-Luc Melenchon, Gabriel Perot
    Jean-Luc Kasich
    Hillary Blanchet
    PSP & PDC
    Haiti & Manuel Larousse
    Enrique III & House of Sevilla
    UN, FDG & MPLR