Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1987 'Wobbly Thursday' for the Conservatives becomes the reality. (And, just for fun, a look at what the result in 92 could've been if the % changes had been the same as IOTL).

upload_2019-2-18_1-43-16.png
upload_2019-2-18_1-43-21.png

So, I'm gonna make a request.

I was recently exposed to this awesomeness...
tumblr_n7or8ez55F1rv0rqco1_500.jpg

..and now I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to make infoboxes from a 'verse where the Aliens franchise are blaxploitation.

zVqgzdL.png

From a project I'm working on in which Britain tries and fails to save the Finns in 1940, leading to Halifax coming to power after an alternate iteration of the Norway Debates that burns Churchill almost as badly as Chamberlain and brings the National Government to lose its vote of no confidence. The butterfly effect means the Mechelen Incident never happens and Germany sticks with its pre-Manstein Fall Gelb that sufficiently blunts its attack into France so that while things are dire when Halifax takes charge, its not as bad as OTL. The German defeat in the Battle of Paris leads to an abortive coup d'etat in Berlin that kills Hitler but lets Goering into power, who promptly accepts overtures from Halifax to sign an armistice that comes into effect on November 11th 1940. Halifax gets the credit for saving Europe from another destructive war but finds the premiership too stressful (incurring bad heart problems) and resigns before the year is out. However, he is immediately drafted back into government as Foreign Secretary once more under his successor – only to see the peace he carefully helped craft collapse with the joint Anglo-Franco-German invasion of the USSR in 1941. The stress persists and Halifax sadly dies of a heart attack in 1945 during an important 3-power conference in Paris.

If Pakistan can do it...

i will leave the creation of infoboxes for pm richard hadlee and pm kapil dev as an exercise for the reader.

(This is the first time I've noticed that Botham's football career happened during his test career. I knew he had played professionally, but I presumed it was when he was a teenager, not while/after he was England captain!)

Well, Sachin Tendulkar served in the upper house of the Indian Parliament, and I believe Sanath Jayasuriya and Arjuna Ranatunga are both active in Sri Lankan politics.

In South Africa Clive van Ryneveld and Eddie Barlow were both active (but seeing as they were both on the liberal side of white South African politics I don't see either of them getting close to power).

Any other cricketers who dabbled in politics? I suppose one could make a case for Henry Olonga and Andy Flower.

From TTDN:
YPjOgr8.png

*National Mandatory Holiday. forces employees to give paid time off in option, can be observed if an employee chooses or not
Public Holidays in the Confederate States are holidays defined by either the federal government of the Confederate States. Major holidays are New Year's Day, Independence Day, Flag Day, Victory over Union Day, Davis Day, Day of National Remembrance, Freedom Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas. any religious or Christian holidays are accepted due to its nature of constitutional amendment in which government will cease operations with the exception of essential and important networks.

Well, Sachin Tendulkar served in the upper house of the Indian Parliament, and I believe Sanath Jayasuriya and Arjuna Ranatunga are both active in Sri Lankan politics.

In South Africa Clive van Ryneveld and Eddie Barlow were both active (but seeing as they were both on the liberal side of white South African politics I don't see either of them getting close to power).

Any other cricketers who dabbled in politics? I suppose one could make a case for Henry Olonga and Andy Flower.

Wes Hall served in the Barbados legislature and as Minister of Tourism.
And Prime Minister Beefy wouldn't be the first British PM to have played FC cricket.
CB Fry was a liberal parliamentary candidate, and was also supposedly offered the throne of Albania.
Stanley Jackson was an MP and an excellent batsman.
I believe that quite a few of the other early English captains were Lords. Lord Harris, who was captain in the first Test in England, was Governor of Bombay.

From TTDN:
YPjOgr8.png

*National Mandatory Holiday. forces employees to give paid time off in option, can be observed if an employee chooses or not
Public Holidays in the Confederate States are holidays defined by either the federal government of the Confederate States. Major holidays are New Year's Day, Independence Day, Flag Day, Victory over Union Day, Davis Day, Day of National Remembrance, Freedom Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas. any religious or Christian holidays are accepted due to its nature of constitutional amendment in which government will cease operations with the exception of essential and important networks.
OK, I wanna know what the deal is with Freedom Day.

Also, odd that they celebrate Thanksgiving, given that it was Abe Lincoln's idea.

OK, I wanna know what the deal is with Freedom Day.

Also, odd that they celebrate Thanksgiving, given that it was Abe Lincoln's idea.
I don't think Thanksgiving was Lincoln's idea, he just standardized the national day on which it should be observed. (The Fourth Thursday in November)

Previously, different states and areas had celebrated it at various times.

Honestly I cannot believe some of the pages people try to set up on Wikipedia. I mean come on people, not everyone is important enough to merit a wiki page.

clark kent.PNG

Like, who the hell is this guy? And who thought he was "notable"?

$20 says the guy has an ego the size of the moon and made the page himself instead of doing anything useful for the world.

Honestly I cannot believe some of the pages people try to set up on Wikipedia. I mean come on people, not everyone is important enough to merit a wiki page.

$20 says the guy has an ego the size of the moon and made the page himself instead of doing anything useful for the world.

Bet the guy thinks he's Superman or something

View attachment 441914

I've actually met the guy. He's a fairly super man.

Status
Not open for further replies.