Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 81475

Is he actually a serial killer?

Not him!

Ted-Bundy.jpg

Deleted member 81475

Did Bundy even have an interest in politics?
I know almost nothing about him, I just know he’s popped up more than a few times here lately

He actually did! He worked for republican Governor Dan Evans briefly before being caught. Given that Evans was Westmoreland’s Vice President in the timeline I decided I’d roll dice to see how Bundy’s life went. The investigations into him rolled a natural 1 so we got Senator Bundy.

Did Bundy even have an interest in politics?
I know almost nothing about him, I just know he’s popped up more than a few times here lately
He worked for the Washington state GOP as an assistant to the state party chair, served as a Rockefeller delegate at the 1968 RNC, and was a part of Governor Daniel Evans's reelection campaign.

Also:
Serial killer Ted Bundy served as a campaign aide for Evans and maintained a close relationship with the Governor. During the 1972 campaign, Bundy followed Evans' Democratic opponent around the state, tape recording his speeches and reported back to Evans personally. A minor scandal later followed when the Democrats found out about Bundy, who had been posing as a college student.

People tend to overestimate Bundy. He didn't have a megalomaniac quest for power, so him getting into politics just doesn't fit. Someone like Jim Jones, who did have an insane quest for power, would make for a better "serial killer becomes president".

Deleted member 81475

People tend to overestimate Bundy. He didn't have a megalomaniac quest for power, so him getting into politics just doesn't fit. Someone like Jim Jones, who did have an insane quest for power, would make for a better "serial killer becomes president".

If the timeline was just an excuse to throw in all the silliness and shock I could I definitely would have swapped Heston for Jones to have a Jones/Bundy presidency. I was viewing Bundy here as someone who just happened to end up in this career path due to the influence of a more successful (VP and 1980 nominee) Evans and who also just happens to be a serial killer, not someone who's deliberately climbing Underwood style. Though it all remains a WIP.

Or he could get into politics as a way to 'fit' in and then succumb to flattering suggestions that he should run for higher office

Wouldn't the security detail prevent a serial killer from being in high office?

I mean, it's kinda hard to murder people yourself when you're surrounded by armed men who are trained to notice suspicious behavior almost all the time.

unless they can still get their jollies by sending someone else to do their dirty work, which I think is generally not how serial killers work?

Morocco or Kingdom of Morocco is a country in Africa that comprised of 21 provinces and two free cities and major governing extraterritories, and various possessions. the nation is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean in the west, the Commune of Spain in the north, the Algeria, United States of Africa, and Britannic National Syndicalist Union to the east, and Senegambia to the south. Its capital is Rabat, the largest city Casablanca. It overlooks the Mediterranean Sea to the north and the Atlantic Ocean to the west.

Morocco is the highest HDI in Africa and ranked 7th in the Global GDP index. the country is the best known for it's tourist areas and soaring skyscrapers as well as technological hub for Africa. the country is also highest rank of press freedom and considered full democracy in the Africa.
JBYDTSl.png

43P6ytC.png

The leaders of the eight members of the Congress of Atomic Powers, and the leaders of the two largest supranational, intergovernmental bodies, the Catholic Church and the World Congress. The Atomic Congress meet annually for a summit during an extended weekend in the summer, with the host site rotating every year. The leaders discuss important issues facing the world at these summits with the hope of presenting a united front to the rest of the world. However, tensions have been running high within the Atomic Congress ever since Prussia joined in 2002, mainly between the Anglo-Prussian alliance and Austria. The problem became more apparent in 2011 when Emperor Maximilian died after 76 years on the throne. Maximilian was considered a stabilizing influence against the more radical members of his government. At the most recent summit in 2028, the primary topic of conversation was the ongoing Chinese Civil War, with Britain, Prussia and Japan pushing for an international coalition to intervene, which was strongly opposed by the other nations. For the third time in five years, the summit concluded without the Atomic Congress issuing a final resolution on the discussed topics.

The Sun Never Set
Black Friday Bombings / King-Emperor John II
Friedrich Wilhelm, Crown Prince of Prussia / Congress of Atomic Powers
Most-liked shouts
Parliament of the British Empire / Counsellors of State
Landgravine Guinevere of Pusan / Margrave Mordred II of Choseon
Eugen Flegel Graf von Weiser / Empress Anna Victoria
Maria Luisa of Provence
House of Tudor-Mercia: Constantine I, Constantine II, Catherine, Joanna, Michael
The Marquess of Lynedoch
Arthur, Prince of Wales / Rudolph, King of the English

Status
Not open for further replies.