Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking as a Queenslander, maybe we do deserve that fate!

Just kidding, which also goes for the latter two boxes. I highly doubt the Northern Territory would ever become a Communist state. Likewise QLD wouldn't be that likely to go Bjelke-Unlimited. I wanted to vary up the types of governments. Just wait until you see a Western Australia ruled by a council of ancient knights!

but Clive Palmer, out of all the idiots (this fool has his dumb billboards around everywhere as it is), i'd have taken a Bob Katter dictatorship over that. Brisbane should straight up become a city state to not deal with this.

Speaking as a Queenslander, maybe we do deserve that fate!

Just kidding, which also goes for the latter two boxes. I highly doubt the Northern Territory would ever become a Communist state. Likewise QLD wouldn't be that likely to go Bjelke-Unlimited. I wanted to vary up the types of governments. Just wait until you see a Western Australia ruled by a council of ancient knights!
Oh! Oh! Oh!

What about a legislative council of 30-100 guys who serve for life, and once there's a vacancy, all the other members co-opt a replacement?

Oh! Oh! Oh!

What about a legislative council of 30-100 guys who serve for life, and once there's a vacancy, all the other members co-opt a replacement?
Sounds perfect! I'm not sure how I'd put that into infobox form though.

I think South Australia should be a monarchy. Tasmania though...feudalism? Direct democracy? Footy match with the winners ruling the country?

In an infobox describing the council itself, of course. :p
Of course, for some reason I was still thinking election infoboxes. Anywho:

hCMR9yN.jpg

This is set far enough in the future to not be current, I think. From my timeline ‘Scary Lou McDonald’, which the local deputy Lord Mayor dislikes.

In 2033, America passes the 30th Amendment, requiring a national referendum within a month of any time that war is to be declared. In 2038, a highly militarized Sinn Féin-led Irish dictatorship declares war on the remainder of the United Kingdom, a state weakened by regional nationalism, a decade of bad economics, and a declining global standing. The UK decides to invoke Article V of the NATO Treaty.
On October 29th 2038, America votes in the First National War Referendum.

View attachment 392217

It effectively ends NATO, as the bedrock of the organization balks on its commitment.
This is really cool!

This is really cool!
Thank you!
Several minutes after creating this I had the realization that if Ireland just joined NATO there'd be less need for all of this complexity, as there would be no need for NATO nations to declare war on a member, but it's an interesting concept nonetheless.

King of New York

qyRxcK0.png

Frank White was an American politician, crime boss, and convicted felon who served as the 106th Mayor of New York City from 1990 to his assassination in 1995.

A major figure in 1980s East Coast organized crime, White was at one point suspected of being one of the largest traffickers of cocaine in the United States; Attorney General John Ehrlichman famously described White as “a national disgrace” in 1985. White was finally tried and found guilty of various charges of weapons possession in 1987, before his sentence was controversially reversed on appeal in 1989.

Following his release from Sing Sing, White proclaimed himself “reformed” while at the same time declaring himself a victim of a conspiracy originating at the highest levels of government, in particular asserting that the Haig and subsequent Rumsfeld administrations had attempted to make him a scapegoat for the crack cocaine epidemic that was then devastating America’s cities.

White continued his post-release publicity campaign by announcing his candidacy for Mayor of New York; while at first his campaign was dismissed by both parties, White struck a populist tone, castigating the local Democratic establishment as ineffective and weak and the all-powerful Republicans in Washington as wealthy, authoritarian crony capitalists. Despite his own checkered past, in a decaying, crime-riddled New York which had never recovered from the 1970s fiscal crisis and decades of neglect from federal and state officials, White’s rhetoric struck a chord with many New Yorkers, including powerful local figures such as music impresario Donald Trump.

Despite condemnation from the local press and persistent questioning of the origins of White’s campaign funding, White won a shocking victory in 1989, instantly becoming one of the most visible opponents of the Republican party’s dominance in America. White immediately instituted a wide spectrum of populist policies, reversing the repeated spending cuts mandated by state authorities, purging the NYPD of allegedly-corrupt officers, and launching a brutal crackdown against the “drug element” in New York City. Although human rights organizations repeatedly expressed concerns over the apparent use of extrajudicial killings to crush New York’s criminal underground - now believed to have been perpetrated by both NYPD officers and members of White’s still-active criminal syndicate - White’s apparent efficacy in ‘cleaning up the streets’ and his willingness to confront the widely-loathed national authorities won him popular support, and he was easily reelected in 1993.

By 1995, White was a formidable figure in American politics, having established ties with other centers of opposition to the Rumsfeld Administration - particularly Peter Diamondstone’s Liberty Union Party in Vermont and the California dissident movement organized by Jerry Brown. White is now known to have been receiving aid from multiple European intelligence agencies, particularly originating from Tony Benn’s United Kingdom and the resurgent Soviet Assembly. White is believed to have been planning a run for the Presidency in 1996 at the time of his 1995 assassination in Times Square by Bernhard Goetz.

White’s criminal-political empire crumbled in the aftermath of his death, with many of his associates either killed in gang violence or jailed by the authorities. By 1997, with the election of Curtis Sliwa as mayor, White’s opponents were boasting of the reestablishment of law and order in New York.

The details of White’s assassination remain controversial, with American authorities consistently asserting that Goetz acted alone as the result of a delusional grudge against the Mayor. Foreign critics and American expatriates have been more suspicious of White’s death, with many alleging that that agents working on behalf of the Rumsfeld administration were involved. In 2009, at the insistence of these skeptics, the Eurasian Union sponsored the so-called “White Inquiry”, co-chaired by American dissidents Barack Obama and Richard Wolff. The final report of the Inquiry was inconclusive, stating that while it was clear White had “essentially established a city-sponsored narcostate in New York”, there was sufficient evidence to believe that many of his activities were sponsored or at least tolerated by elements of the law enforcement and intelligence agencies, and that Goetz “is very unlikely” to have acted alone.

While obviously inspired by the film King of New York, this post is set (loosely) in the same continuity as my prior Obama/Trump wikiboxes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.