Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning
Imagine if the polls were this wrong. Based off of this live opinion poll, here's the 2017 United Kingdom general election.

The polls had the Conservatives at 45% and Labour at 30%, so it was a huge surprise when the Conservatives didn't win any seats and only 2% of the vote. In fact, the National Health Action Plan Party won more seats than the Conservatives. The historical landslide came as a shock to many pundits and elites. The Labour Party would easily be able to push their agenda through Parliament. The Scottish National Party managed to win all 59 seats in Scotland, making them the opposition party. The Conservative Party would never recover. UKIP would soon rise as the right wing party at Westminster, but I'll save that for another post.

oLMqG23.png

Imagine if the polls were this wrong. Based off of this live opinion poll, here's the 2017 United Kingdom general election.

The polls had the Conservatives at 45% and Labour at 30%, so it was a huge surprise when the Conservatives didn't win any seats and only 2% of the vote. In fact, the National Health Action Plan Party won more seats than the Conservatives. The historical landslide came as a shock to many pundits and elites. The Labour Party would easily be able to push their agenda through Parliament. The Scottish National Party managed to win all 59 seats in Scotland, making them the opposition party. The Conservative Party would never recover. UKIP would soon rise as the right wing party at Westminster, but I'll save that for another post.
Corbyn's wet dream

oLMqG23.png

728957f587317610198c4780741a5a63eaba85cce0946c4500d112fd6a7a8315.jpg

Just... What? Listen, I'd be a Labour member if I was in the UK as well but just how the hell are they dominating this poll. It has 62000+ votes and not a single constituency has gone Conservative? Is this a troll poll or something?

Just... What? Listen, I'd be a Labour member if I was in the UK as well but just how the hell are they dominating this poll. It has 62000+ votes and not a single constituency has gone Conservative? Is this a troll poll or something?

It's a self-selected online straw poll. I wouldn't trust it as far as I can throw it.

It's a self-selected online straw poll. I wouldn't trust it as far as I can throw it.
I get that, I do, I'm just shocked at how overwhelming it is. It would be ridiculous if that actually played out that way. Tories would be screaming foul play while Corbyn saunters on into 10 Downing Street.

Good thing it's not going to happen, then.
Actually the rather cruel part of me wants it to happen. Then again, Labour has been spiking in the last week after their policies got put out and the Tories announced a terrible "generation tax" from what I can gather (apparently seniors would be £330/month worse off under the Tory plan). Add in Labour's call to renationalize the train service and a growing call for a second Brexit vote (now garnering 50+% support in recent polls) and we may see Labour actually pull an upset win over May.

The charming city of Briand, despite being notoriously primitive by modern standards, remains the pride of the despised Pan-European Federation, the last vestige of an union that collapsed on itself. All of Europa is dominated by the Pan-European Federation, a union of various European ex-colonies that proudly rejected the collapse of pan-Europanism on Earth.

While Briand's slums and hotels are quite popular for space tourists, Briand has seen its share of war and bombardment. The Labour War was just one of the many rebellions against the authoritarian, radically pan-Europeanist government of the Federation, and, indeed, started off due to a small miner strike in Fico; but it is one of the longest and most devastating wars in Europan history, having seen use of telekinesis, chemical weaponry, mass rape, forced roboticization, mass child trafficking and displacement. While both sides were brutal in achieving their goals, most nations on neighboring celestial bodies supported the rebels, as all of them had reasons to weaken the Pan-European Federation.

However, the Pan-European Federation has prevailed, and the Era of Chaos on Europa ended. While the mass deportation of rebels to the depths of space as per Arsenault Act might have been a bit too brutal, the Pan-European Federation takes pride in their victory in the Labour War, and its economy and population are growing.

briand.png
labour.png

Last edited:

oLMqG23.png
I think this needs to be in the current politics wikibox thread in chat

What happened next on Nyvaggar, no one could have predicted: once the Cascade was complete, long range sensors detected hundreds of nuclear detonations all over the planet. It seemed, once they realised they were trapped, the people of Nyvagagr chose to end it all rather than live on under a dome of rock. It is unknown if anyone survived the holocaust: the meteor storm was just as effective in stopping AEF recon drones as it was in stopping Cascade forces escaping.

MlW8chu.gif

I do love the idea of a marauding conquest state like this. Like the orks from WH40k but less...orky.

You know, I've seen quite a few Soviets-As-American boxes, but I don't think I've seen anywhere near as many Americans-As-Soviet boxes. Similarly, I've seen plenty of Nazis-As-American*, but not many Americans-as-Nazis.

And I don't think I've ever seen Soviets-As-Nazi or Nazis-As-Soviet.

I think these oversights need to be rectified.

*Well, Hitler-As-American, anyways.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'

You clearly used Electoral Calculus and it hurts whatever scenario you were going for. Apologies, didn't go through the link because I thought this was one of the other voodoo polls.

A scenario which should be in the Current Politics Wikibox Thread, not here.

The colouring scheme is also not good, and becomes an issue when you look at Northern Ireland- I mean, what is even going on there? Not to mention putting the Speaker and Claire Wright as black, which is a throw off.

Last edited:
You clearly used Electoral Calculus and it hurts whatever scenario you were going for.

A scenario which should be in the Current Politics Wikibox Thread, not here.

The colouring scheme is also not good, and becomes an issue when you look at Northern Ireland- I mean, what is even going on there? Not to mention putting the Speaker and Claire Wright as black, which is a throw off.

Actually its based off some facebook linked 'poll' which has clearly been flooded by cyber nats and Labour supporters - it is legitimately an eyesore to look at.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Actually its based off some facebook linked 'poll' which has clearly been flooded by cyber nats and Labour supporters - it is legitimately an eyesore to look at.
Well yes, I got that.

But that doesn't really skirt around the issues I've raised with it.

Well yes, I got that.

But that doesn't really skirt around the issues I've raised with it.
Those issues aren't the poster's fault; all the numbers came from the poll.

I guess it should be in Current Politics, but other than that, it's out of his hands

Status
Not open for further replies.