Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, to me that is just offensive without being particularly well-done or interesting. Also seems like you knew that already. :/

EDIT: In reference to Blind's post. Got behind a bit.

Aww, I'm sad to see Rand died in office (I presume he was assassinated, and if so by whom?). Even if I disagree with a number of his views, I don't think he would be a bad President.
Honestly, I kinda want to redo the story as a slightly longer timeline with some more information on a potentially longer Paul presidency, maybe in the writer's forum. And I do have one more infobox set planned explaining who killed Pres. Paul and some of the political fallout from it.

((Also, totally wanted the 2016 election to be a Paul v. Sanders one, just to watch their completely opposite ideological debates.))

Henry Hungchang Lee (李鴻章) was born to a Chinese immigrant family in New York. Despite his humble background, Lee's shrewd intellect led him places in life. Excelling in school, he was the first Chinese to be enrolled in the United States Military Academy, graduating from West Point in 1845. He served in he Mexican-American War, taking part and seeing action in the bloody California campaign. Unlike many Chinese, the unmarried Lee chose to stay in the military after the war, dedicating himself to the study of martial affairs and working his way up the ranks as he served on the American frontier. At the outbreak of the Civil War, Lee was among those officers who remained loyal to the Union, finding himself being promoted to Major General in an army starved of military leadership. His service in the Trans-Mississippi Theater perhaps has contributed to his continued obscurity, spending most of the war in New Mexico and ending it Arkansas. Highly regarded by the men who served under him, Lee was wounded in action during the Battle of Valverde Ford, a lasting injury that would eventually end his active military career. After helping contribute to the occupation of the South during the earliest years of Reconstruction, Lee would retire to California, the state he had once helped bring into the Union. There he continued his academic pursuits and used his status as a revered Union General to advocate on behalf of the civil rights of his people. Although racial tensions ran high at times, Lee helped to broker the Chinese Compromise of 1880, strictly limiting immigration in exchange for the right of "civilized" Chinese to be considered legally white. Later in life, he retired from his political work, finding Christ and falling in love with a Scots-Irish schoolteacher named Mary Leigh who he later married, though bore no children with. He wrote several collections of love poems dedicated to her before quietly passing away at the age of 78.

bRrOn3l.png

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
ddddd.png
The New Democratic Party (NDP) was a political party in the United Kingdom that existed from 1932-1972. Founded on 1 March 1932 by New Party MP Sir Oswald Mosley and Social Credit Party of Great Britain and Northern Irelan leader John Hargrave, the NDP was the result of a merger between the New Party and the SCPGBNI. It held power once, during the period between 1951 and 1955, seven months of which were spent as a majority government. During this period the party was ultimately responsible for the Bevanite Crash (or 'Black Christmas'), a period of uncontrolled and ruinous hyperinflation that left much of the country in ruins for decades as a result of the attempted implementation of Social Credit economic policy.

The NDP was founded on 1 March 1932 by former Conservative and Labour MP Sir Oswald Mosely, leader of the New Party, and John Hargrave, leader of the SCPGBI. Initially named the New Social Credit Party and starting with only two seats, the party was quick to expand, taking in numerous defections following a strong performance in the 1935 General Election. The most prominent defection would be that of Harold Macmillan of the Next Five Year group- Macmillan, a close friend of Mosley, had been anxious about joining the NSC, however was convinced of the Parties potential and joined in late 1935, quickly rising through the ranks to become Mosely's right hand man and the intellectual muscle behind the parties economic policy. Following Mosley's death in 1937, Macmillan was made Leader, a role he served in until his own death in 1952, and oversaw a major expansion of the parties membership and political powers, as well as the name change New Democratic. During this period Macmillan served as Housing Minister in the Popular Front Government, and Prime Minister in the wake of the 1951 General election and the formation of the New Democratic/Labour Coalition Government.

Macmillan was killed in a car accident in 1952, and subsequently succeeded by Aneurin Bevan. Bevan, an acolyte or Macmillan's, implemented many of Macmillan's cornerstone policies, such as a National Insurence System. However, disagreements with Labour would lead to Bevan calling the 1954 election, which the NDP won with a thin majority. The implementation of the parties major economic policy, monetary reform, would prove disastrous, with the economy shuddering into a collapse over the winter of 1954/1955. The NDP itself collapsed in March of 1955, with the Parliamentary Party dividing itself into several factions. Bevan was dismissed as Prime Minister, and a General election was called the same year, with the NDP excluded from the post-election Coalition. Following a period under the leadership of Tom Driberg and John Freeman, the party lost all representation in the House of Commons. In 1972, what remained of the NDP merged with the Continuity Labour Party, forming The Left.​

Last edited:
Not much people realise how names can change in the future. This is a pretty good infobox.
I was gonna post that bit from the Edge Chronicles where that stodgy old lady that went on about how names change but I can't seem to find it. Good observation.
SCP Wiki formats entries a lot like your post; I was saying I like it.
I don't see it, myself. #235, to my knowledge, has no anomalous properties. She did have that socket next to her ear, but in the far future it's as noticeable as an earing.

WA4VklW.png

The end of the Haltian War was messy. While the actual fighting had largely died down with the official cease-fire in 695, pockets of resistance held out until well into the early 700s.

The large number of human casualties during the war made certain elements in the White Army- especially those portions of the army native to the kingdoms of Arrowburn and Wintergrave (two of the several founding nations of the White Kingdom)- particularly interested in revenge. Mutegard was a final processing facility for many of the prisoners, most of whom were reassigned to their permanent domestic retentions straight out of the camp (though some were repatriated to the Bitter Rivers Reservation, alongside a number of alfa refugees).

To this day, the very name Mutegard often recalls bad memories for a significant portion of the elvish population, though their human hosts have long since forgotten much about the war in the intervening millennia. The Haltian elves are remnants of a past long forgotten, interesting relics of ages past, retained largely by noble estates as caretakers.

(while these links should work, previous lists on other boxes listed here contain links to certain boxes that won't work because links contain page numbers, some page numbers have changed slightly, and I'm far too lazy to go back and change multiple links in multiple posts)

House Atlantic
'97 (Sprague County Impact)
King William VII Celadon
George Bush
4233 BC in spaceflight
John Lockwood
Sylvestrian fever
Star sword
Styan Prairie Bush War
Peace Obelisk of Avalon
CAP Trade Unit

Status