Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. There are a bunch of ways to do it. Nixon as Governor, Secretary of State under a popular GOP administration, a desperate GOP without a clear frontrunner. It works because he'd be about the same age as Reagan and potentially more moderate. Potentially.

Come on, Nixon in 80 is cooooool

I'd love to see a "Nixon in the 80s" TL where Nixon gets there by accident. Where Nixon is at the tail-end of a distinguished career as senator/governor/cabinet minister— maybe a failed presidential run behind him— and picked as a running mate by a young gun, and then thrust into office after an assassination. A Nixon who had (grudgingly) accepted he'll never make it to the top, only to find himself there under the worst circumstances. A Nixon who has to heal the nation following his predecessor's untimely departure.

Might actually write something along the Nixon in the 80s now, I've been inspired :p

Presidential Election 2: Electoral College Boogaloo.

Many hoped that the Electoral College would make the situation easier and allow a clear victor to form. Unfortunately, it just made things worse.

9gsSAiX.png

Clinton - 240 EV, 22 States+DC
Trump - 238 EV, 25 States+ME-02
Paul - 46 EV, 3 States
McMullin - 6 EV, 1 State
Collin Powel - 3 EV, 0 States
Bernie Sanders - 3 EV, 0 States
John Kasich - 1 EV, 0 States
Faith Spotted Eagle - 1 EV, 0 States

No victor meant the election went to Congress. Despite a clear Republican majority, there was much debate on who should be chosen. Democrats said that Clinton should be President since she got the most electoral votes, Republicans said that their party should win. Eventually a compromise was struck, they would pick a third party candidate and the Democrats could have the Vice Presidency. At least, that's the way it was made out. In reality, Paul would work with the Republicans and was much more reliable than Trump, which both parties agreed was bad. The choice of Rand Paul was the first time a third party candidate became President. There were many protests in the streets with calls of #NotMyPresident, but they didn't last long and resulted in a discussion beginning to form about the abolishment of the Electoral College. However, most were hopeful that the next 4 years would be one of progress or at least one of status quo.

"Despite a crazy election, America is on the path to greatness and change!" - A Kentuckian on January 20th, 2016

dikGADr.png

:I …LINKING WIKIPEDIA NURAL NETWORK… I:

[Connection Successful!]​

[!] WARNING:
Category 2 bombogenisis event currently in effect over the northeastern coastal region.
Please aware that Network signal may lessen or cut out entirely.

[continue?]

[SETTINGS]
Content autoplay [o) OFF]
WikiCommentary [o) OFF]
Holographic Image Display [o) OFF]
Static Image Display [ON (o]

WIKIPEDIA
The free encyclopedia that anyone can edit

- a dream of spring george r r martin
- cindi mayweather arrest

- ramona xavier biography

-----------------------------------------

:I…searching…I:
[Article found!]
:I…loading…I:​

[load additional occupations]
Elenoh Steiblitz Kennedeigh (b. May 29, 2956–) was an American politician who served as the 235th President of the United States since January 3001, serving two-and-a-half terms[1] until her disappearance in July, 3011. An Egalitarian-aligned Independent, she won three presidential elections and emerged as a central figure in world events during the events of First Contact. She is often rated by scholars as one of the greatest U.S. Presidents, along with Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Marek Gallego and Elsie Mezvinsky[2].

Kennedeigh was born in Duluth, Minnesota. Her mother, Cate P. Kennedeigh, was born to Canadian immigrants[3], and her father, Laurence Kennedeigh (nee Sullivan) was the great-grandson of former Republican House Minority Leader Brave Y. Sullivan[4]. During her time at Harvard, she took part in a Transitional Orbital Sortie, where she reportedly experienced Overview Effect, which she said motivated her to seek higher office. After graduation, she entered politics at the age of 29, serving in the Minnesota State Senate, and then as Governor. She was in office from 2082 to 2095 and served as an independent governor, reportedly ‘unhappy’ with the policies of the dominant parties and their collective responses to the Ali Crises[5], introducing several preemptive measures to deal with the resulting financial slump. She was a reported speculative candidate for two election years prior to the 3000 Elections, but twice rebutted these rumours, instead wishing to focus on running her state. At the behest of her peers in the Rockies[6], Kennedeigh launched her Presidential campaign and was elected by a comfortable margin.

Her first term initially saw a 'leisurely cleanup'[6] of the Crises, which was helped by the fact that her Vice Presidents that made up the Triumvirate were of similar ideological leanings. Despite the swift resolution, her administration then had to deal with various problematic events, such as the beginning of the Third Fjord War, the Red Blot Outbreaks and the Ugmo Riots of '31. The results, while mixed, were met with generally positive reception. As she was a principal World Leader at the time of First Contact, Kennedeigh was present for the Majestic Twelve Assembly, and voted for the majority Passivity notion until more information could be gathered about the
Trappisian ships orbiting

[!] ALERT:
Nural Network link can no longer connect.
[reconnect]

[!] EMERGENCY ALERT [!]
BOMBOGENISIS EVENT HAS ENCROACHED HABITUAL ZONE
PLEASE LOG OFF AND PREPARE FOR EVACUATION

[*]
Oh dude! Nice! I love the future changes to wikipedia.

Screen shot 2017-02-26 at 8.32.05 PM.png

Neither Charles nor Francis walked away pleased by the 6th Italian War, Francis had failed to take Milan while Charles had ceded much of the land protecting Milan, including Genoa, to the French and now faced a war with the Ottomans in the East. However it would prove only the beginning of the troubles for Charles, his war with the Ottomans saw the Muslim power ascend to navel dominance in the Mediterranean. In three years Francis would return and make a triumphal attack on Milan, weakening the Emperor's position considerably. After the conclusion of the war Charles's attention was sucked North as the Schmalkaldic League began to rumble in discontent.

POD: Scott Bakula never pursues acting, instead continuing to study law. He runs for STL Mayor in 1989, and wins 3 terms before being appointed to Mel Carnahan's seat. Elected to full term in 2002, re-elected in 2006, 2012, and 2018. Uncle Joe runs in '20, taps Bakula as veep, retires in '24, and Bakula serves two terms.
upload_2017-2-26_19-46-59.png

upload_2017-2-26_21-2-29.png

upload_2017-2-26_21-4-1.png

Kl0eDo.jpg

EDIT: Sure, Krista Neumann and Chelsea Field probably would have been butterflied away, but w/e
EDIT 2: ", veepretires" changed to "veep, retires".

Last edited:
:I …LINKING WIKIPEDIA NURAL NETWORK… I:

[Connection Successful!]​

[!] WARNING:
Category 2 bombogenisis event currently in effect over the northeastern coastal region.
Please aware that Network signal may lessen or cut out entirely.

[continue?]

[SETTINGS]
Content autoplay [o) OFF]
WikiCommentary [o) OFF]
Holographic Image Display [o) OFF]
Static Image Display [ON (o]

WIKIPEDIA
The free encyclopedia that anyone can edit

- a dream of spring george r r martin
- cindi mayweather arrest

- ramona xavier biography

-----------------------------------------

:I…searching…I:
[Article found!]
:I…loading…I:​

ebk3tml.png

[load additional occupations]
Elenoh Steiblitz Kennedeigh (b. May 29, 2956–) was an American politician who served as the 235th President of the United States since January 3001, serving two-and-a-half terms[1] until her disappearance in July, 3011. An Egalitarian-aligned Independent, she won three presidential elections and emerged as a central figure in world events during the events of First Contact. She is often rated by scholars as one of the greatest U.S. Presidents, along with Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Marek Gallego and Elsie Mezvinsky[2].

Kennedeigh was born in Duluth, Minnesota. Her mother, Cate P. Kennedeigh, was born to Canadian immigrants[3], and her father, Laurence Kennedeigh (nee Sullivan) was the great-grandson of former Republican House Minority Leader Brave Y. Sullivan[4]. During her time at Harvard, she took part in a Transitional Orbital Sortie, where she reportedly experienced Overview Effect, which she said motivated her to seek higher office. After graduation, she entered politics at the age of 29, serving in the Minnesota State Senate, and then as Governor. She was in office from 2082 to 2095 and served as an independent governor, reportedly ‘unhappy’ with the policies of the dominant parties and their collective responses to the Ali Crises[5], introducing several preemptive measures to deal with the resulting financial slump. She was a reported speculative candidate for two election years prior to the 3000 Elections, but twice rebutted these rumours, instead wishing to focus on running her state. At the behest of her peers in the Rockies[6], Kennedeigh launched her Presidential campaign and was elected by a comfortable margin.

Her first term initially saw a 'leisurely cleanup'[6] of the Crises, which was helped by the fact that her Vice Presidents that made up the Triumvirate were of similar ideological leanings. Despite the swift resolution, her administration then had to deal with various problematic events, such as the beginning of the Third Fjord War, the Red Blot Outbreaks and the Ugmo Riots of '31. The results, while mixed, were met with generally positive reception. As she was a principal World Leader at the time of First Contact, Kennedeigh was present for the Majestic Twelve Assembly, and voted for the majority Passivity notion until more information could be gathered about the
Trappisian ships orbiting

[!] ALERT:
Nural Network link can no longer connect.
[reconnect]

[!] EMERGENCY ALERT [!]
BOMBOGENISIS EVENT HAS ENCROACHED HABITUAL ZONE
PLEASE LOG OFF AND PREPARE FOR EVACUATION

[*]
I want to know more about her!

Status
Not open for further replies.