Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asami

Banned
Lpt46ko.png

Out of the Blue (1977) was the eighth studio album of the band Electric Light Orchestra (later found out to be a new 'front' for the historical Fab Four, The Beatles). The album was released to critical acclaim, and features such hits as Mr. Blue Sky (McCartney-Lennon). In 1987, it became public knowledge that The Beatles were in fact the same people as ELO, and that all promotional material and album covers depicting the 'members' of the band had been an elaborate front to cover up the aging quartet's involvement in symphonic progressive pop. Out of the Blue in many ways, resembles some of The Beatles' later transcendentalist and psychedelic work such as Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967), The Beatles (1968), and Abbey Road (1970).

PcmH7t6.png

The Magical World in Israel, due to inheriting both British laws and American cultural attitudes, is heavily integrated into the Non-Magical one. A notable example of this is the Formal Governing body of Israeli Wizards - the Magic and Wizardry Affairs Joint Unit.[...]The Unit is largely the brainchild of Prime Minister Menachem Begin[...]was created in late 1977, after an Audit by the State Comptroller declared the Ministry of Magic an "incompetent, ineffective body[...]completely out of touch with reality".[...]While most of the Unit's functions are handled by the Prime Minister's Office, it is formally shared between it and the Defense Ministry, thus allowing it direct - and classified - access to funds from the defense budget and nominal ability to enforce the Statute of Secrecy through the Military Censor (though any limitations imposed to do so, like nearly all others made by the Censor, are frequently circumvented by stories reported to be "quoted from (unnamed) foreign news sources", and the existence of Magic and the Magical world are an open secret in Israel).[...]Though the Director General is heavily involved with representing Israel in international wizarding organizations and in determining policy on relations with other Wizard Governing Bodies, many functions which, in Britain, would have been made by the Minister of Magic, are made by the No-Maj Prime Minister.

Last edited:
And now from DoaS, everyone's favorite person to pity! Mark Caeus...he's a bit different from Nicholas Caeus, but they are basically the same person. Having just lost re-election during his wife's moment of triumph in managing Amanda Forrester's 2020 campaign, Mark is now returning to academia to teach the classics, but will the call to higher office bring him to run again?

And yes, this reincarnation of the story will be a similar format to the previous version.

y8bXPJ5.png

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
More just to tease the story. Especially for readers who have read the previous version of the story. :)
Right, but you've covered a lot of that with a black box of time and space. Like I understand teasing or not wanting to spoil anything, but that's literally half the relevant information simply not there. Given how this is a visual medium, it's simply not visually interesting to see a black void.

More just to tease the story. Especially for readers who have read the previous version of the story. :)

I'm sure we're all aware of the previous iterations, but these boxes are next to useless. It seems like a waste of time to make a whole infobox and black out large portions of it rather than just make it from a previous point in time.

Right, but you've covered a lot of that with a black box of time and space. Like I understand teasing or not wanting to spoil anything, but that's literally half the relevant information simply not there. Given how this is a visual medium, it's simply not visually interesting to see a black void.

I suppose.

Democratic Caeus, interesting!

Yep! And the very first chapter is election night 2020! Where we see the defeat of Trump.

Putting spoiler bars over what's almost certainly some combination of 'president 2021-202X,' 'first spouse same time period,' and very probably 'assassination in 2027ish' won't make us care about these characters. Indeed, it's almost designed to make us not care- if the only thing that we can learn about these people from these boxes are the most basic life events, and then you take away even those events from us, what possible reason do we have to get invested? Hell, you've as much as told us the shape of what happens, and I still know nothing meaningful about these people except that you think I should hate one and feel sorry for the other- why, I don't know, because you haven't even given us a full picture of literally the most basic information about them. (I notice, even disregarding the spoilers, these boxes don't even bother with, for example, the 'religion' tag.)

This is where so many wikiboxes- see, for example, any election box that doesn't even bother to provide a cursory map- fail, and where so many AH.COM stories fail- they substitute events and information, often in a format better suited for a straight TL, for actual storytelling (and with boxes, sometimes don't even bother with the second part). The core purpose of art is to inspire emotion of some kind- and hopefully original emotion; the billionth variation on 'Trump is defeated in 2020' or 'my favored candidate wins in 2016 or 2020 or whatever' isn't going to inspire any new emotions, it's just hijacking already extant dislike and hoping that what's essentially the electoral equivalent of a revenge fantasy is sufficient to fool people into thinking they're feeling something about Their Work. Information is not a substitute for emotion, but at least it's a starting point.

Here is an infobox for my upcoming and third incarnation of The Dawn of a System. Here is Abigail Blake, who was EVERYONE's character that they loved to hate! Spoilers are blocked out, since this is where she ends up at the end of the story. Now, Mark Caeus and Nicholas Caeus are the same person, I just chose different names since Mark to me sounds better. Plus to establish that in this version his character is a bit different.

Looking forward to your rebooted story. Hope you manage to bring it to its deserved conclusion.

Six For Fitz
113th United States Senate

Alabama
Jeff Sessions (R)
Richard Shelby (R)

Alaska
Mark Begich (D)
Scott McAdams (D)

Arizona
Richard Carmona (D)
Rodney Glassman (D)

Arkansas
Mark Pryor (D)
Blanche Lincoln (D)

California
Barbara Boxer (D)
Dianne Feinstein (D)

Colorado
Mark Udall (D)
Ken Salazar (D)

Connecticut
Richard Blumenthal (D)
Chris Murphy (D)

Delaware
Joe Biden (D)
Tom Carper (D)

Florida
Charlie Crist (I)
Bill Nelson (D)

Georgia
Saxby Chambliss (R)
Michael Thurmond (D)

Hawaii
Brian Schatz (D)
Mazie Hirono (D)

Idaho
Jim Risch (R)
Mike Crapo (R)

Illinois
Dick Durbin (D)
Alexi Giannoulias (D)

Indiana
Pete Visclosky (D)
André Carson (D)

Iowa
Tom Harkin (D)
Chuck Grassley (R)

Kansas
Pat Roberts (R)
Jerry Moran (R)

Kentucky
Mitch McConnell (R)
Jack Conway (D)

Louisiana
Mary Landrieu (D)
Foster Campbell (D)

Maine
Susan Collins (R)
Angus King (I)

Maryland
Barbara Mikulski (D)
Ben Cardin (D)

Massachusetts
John Kerry (D)
Martha Coakley (D)

Michigan
Carl Levin (D)
Debbie Stabenow (D)

Minnesota
Norm Coleman (R)
Amy Klobuchar (D)

Mississippi
Thad Cochran (R)
Roger Wicker (R)

Missouri
Robin Carnahan (D)
Claire McCaskill (D)

Montana
Max Baucus (D)
Jon Tester (D)

Nebraska
Mike Johanns (R)
Bob Kerrey (D)

Nevada
Harry Reid (D)
Shelley Berkley (D)

New Hampshire
John E. Sununu (R)
Paul Hodes (D)

New Jersey
Frank Lautenberg (D)
Bob Menendez (D)

New Mexico
Tom Udall (D)
Ben Ray Luján (D)

New York
Caroline Kennedy (D)
Chuck Schumer (D)

North Carolina
Elizabeth Dole (R)
Elaine Marshall (D)

North Dakota
John Hoeven (R)
Roger Johnson (D)

Ohio
Lee Fisher (D)
Sherrod Brown (D)

Oklahoma
Jim Inhofe (R)
Tom Coburn (R)

Oregon
Gordon Smith (R)
Ron Wyden (D)

Pennsylvania
Joe Sestak (D)
Bob Casey, Jr. (D)

Rhode Island
Jack Reed (D)
Sheldon Whitehouse (D)

South Carolina
Lindsey Graham (R)
Wendell Gilliard (D)

South Dakota
Tim Johnson (D)
John Thune (R)

Tennessee
Lamar Alexander (R)
Bob Corker (R)

Texas
John Cornyn (R)
Paul Sadler (D)

Utah
Mike Lee (R)
Orrin Hatch (R)

Vermont
Patrick Leahy (D)
Doug Hoffer (D)

Virginia
Mark Warner (D)
Tim Kaine (D)

Washington
Patty Murray (D)
Maria Cantwell (D)

West Virginia
Jay Rockefeller (D)
Joe Manchin (D)

Wisconsin
Russ Feingold (D)
Tammy Baldwin (D)

Wyoming
Mike Enzi (R)
John Barrasso (R)

Last edited:
Based off my list, here's the *2020* presidential election (sorry, I was lazy)

giphy.gif

(Jk, points for originality. Map?)

Here is an infobox for my upcoming and third incarnation of The Dawn of a System. Here is Abigail Blake, who was EVERYONE's character that they loved to hate! Spoilers are blocked out, since this is where she ends up at the end of the story. Now, Mark Caeus and Nicholas Caeus are the same person, I just chose different names since Mark to me sounds better. Plus to establish that in this version his character is a bit different.

Okay, I want a link to the TL, new incarnation or not. Please!!! Loved Margulies in The Good Wife.

A semi-meaningful doodle from my TCUS project.

Spectrum is the left-wing social justice party, having a platform based upon Feminism, Equality, and Justice for oppressed groups. It focuses its resources on the Human Rights, Education, and Justice Councils, though sometimes supporting the campaigns of specific candidates in specific parties, when hot-button issues important to the party are under discussion.

Most Spectrum voters typically vote for American Workers or Libertarian candidates in other councils, though their interests do not always align. The more populist bent of the American Workers in recent years when it comes to immigration has resulted in a fracture between Populist Leftists in the Mid-West and Justice Leftists on the coasts, which is partly why Spectrum formed in the first place.

upload_2017-2-23_19-25-1.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.