Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Glide08, Dec 14, 2016.

1. spookyscaryskeletons Loading the Maze up with some bad dudes

2. krinsbez Well-Known Member

As I said when you first posted the first several of this series (which I see you have reposted), even as someone who doesn't know from The Simpsons, this is great work.

3. Shikata Ga Nai Keep calm and JOIN THE MAQUIS.

4. Accurateworldwar Better to die fighting than staying alive neutral

What? Associate Justice Cruz or Senator McKinley? I have a feeling I know the answer, though.

5. shiftygiant Straight Outta Copnor

Gonzo likes this.
  6. spookyscaryskeletons Loading the Maze up with some bad dudes

I suppose old German Crime Dramas directed by Fritz Lang aren't particularly popular with the wiki box thread's demographics. :p

7. Gonzo What Would Gilbert Do?

Belfast, Orange (Better) Ireland, United Kingdom
  8. spookyscaryskeletons Loading the Maze up with some bad dudes

There was this nasty fellow in charge of Germany around that time, you see.

9. Gonzo What Would Gilbert Do?

Belfast, Orange (Better) Ireland, United Kingdom
    I never knew it that Brüning had it in him.

BeardedHoplite likes this.
  10. Asami Chairwoman of the Co-Prosperity Sphere

Must have been Wilhelm Marx; or perhaps Papen?

11. Utgard96 99% unortodox gaszdaságpolitika

Brüning would've been approximately one hundred and two times more likely to do that sort of thing than Marx.

12. Kovalenko Kova

With Illinois' Senate seats occupied by popular incumbents, Peter Fitzgerald and Dick Durban, Barack Obama set his sights on the Governor's Mansion. Pat Quinn, former lieutenant to the disgraced Rod Blagojevich, proved ineffectual in the primaries and lost a four-way race to Mr. Obama. As Governor, Obama was lauded for expanding the state's medicare program, among other accomplishments, and won a landslide re-election in 2014.

[​IMG]

Six For Fitz
    Introduction
    Barack Obama

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  13. Shikata Ga Nai Keep calm and JOIN THE MAQUIS.

Cruz. Just. NO!

*Requires to be held now and rocked while being assured "The scary ferret-faced man isn't out to get me.."*

14. Eoin Well-Known Member

Who's POTUS in this timeline?

15. shiftygiant Straight Outta Copnor

Untitled.png
    The High Castle was a satirical British mockumentary broadcast by the BBC on BB2 from 6 May 2010 to 23 June 2016. The third and most recent entry of the In Power series, it followed the Cabinet of Prime Minister David Cameron (played by Donald Cameron) and the day-to-day activities of a Coalition Government. Overall 48 episodes were released over six seasons.

Following David Cameron from his near victory in the 2010 General Election and the formation of his Coalition Government with Nick Clegg (played by Nick Clegg), through to his resignation in the aftermath of a Referendum on Britain's status in the European Union, the show was noticeably bleaker than its predecessors, with critics noting that the previous focus on the frustrations of running Government eschewed in favour for, as Seamus Milne of the Guardian would write, "the anxiety of the public mask and what it means to be a politician in modern society, and the consequences of when that mask slips". Other critics would also point out that the show concerned itself strongly with the interactions between the Coalition partners and the "savage" breakdowns of those interactions, as well as the traditional themes of desperation and political impotency.

Much like its predecessors, the show was frequently written shortly before filming and transmission in an attempt to keep it relevant to ongoing political events. Notable examples of this would include the Falklands diplomatic stand-off, the Arabian Civil War (rendered in-show as the Libyan and Syrian Civil Wars), the offshore banking scandal, and the London Riots. Additionally, as had become tradition many of the actors used their real names, though some, such as Donald Cameron, Gideon Osborne, and Theresa Braisier, would opt to use variations of their names in order to personally distance themselves from the characters.

The show has received a great deal of attention, both critically and politically, famously coming under fire from Prime Minister Durrell. Though receiving warm reviews from the press, the fifth season of the show would prove to be controversial, with the Coalition ending and much of the cast leaving, many finding the subsequent plots to have become increasingly outlandish and silly, such as the infamous 'Piggate' story, as well as bordering at times of wish-fufilment, espeically after the introdution of Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn. The development of Michael Gove would receive particular attention among the fan community, who noted a dramatic decline in his intelligence and abilities as the series progressed, as well as the absurdly antagonistic behaviour of Iain Smith. Despite this, the sixth and final season, which delt with the collapse of the Cabinet, a Refrendum on the European Union, and the resignation of Cameron was critically acclaimed, with 33 million watching the series two-part climax, Turning and Turning.

The High Castle has receive several BAFTA nominations, with Cameron receiving attention for his potrayal of the Prime Minister, critics praising his performance of a "charecter perpetually on the verge of loosing his cool", and Nick Clegg for his role as the belittled Deputy Pime Minsiter. The show was relativly successfull, with an American adaptation, obstantly a sequal to Farmer Jimmy, announced in 2017.

For Your Viewing Pleasure
    In Power (Play)

In Power
    Grey Men and Red Boxes

16. edricwashington Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    *2024 apportionment based on 270towin.

17. Danderns Member

Dexas.

Blind and gap80 like this.
  18. KiwiEater Northerner with Southern Values

>Montana doesn't get another electoral vote
    i still don't understand why montana has one singular HoR seat like come on

Blind likes this.
  19. edricwashington Well-Known Member

I was reading about that when doing research. Montana is really close to getting another seat. It all depends on Florida in the next Census.

20. KiwiEater Northerner with Southern Values

fucking florida. no one likes them and they have contributed nothing positive to america

jk florida is not that bad i'm just jealous they'll have more EVs than us

Tangle likes this.