Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone change the wikibox for OJ Simpson having him go into politics AND movies upon his retirement, getting him an Academy award in the 80s or 90s, then beeing in congress/house for a few year, DNC majority/minority leader, a stint of Govenour of California and then POTUS? Just to make it even longer than it is OTL

Can anyone change the wikibox for OJ Simpson having him go into politics AND movies upon his retirement, getting him an Academy award in the 80s or 90s, then beeing in congress/house for a few year, DNC majority/minority leader, a stint of Govenour of California and then POTUS? Just to make it even longer than it is OTL

Something like an American Manny Pacquiao then?

Greybeard Computer Systems Inc. is one of the preeminent tech companies in Tamriel, and the leader of the ongoing movement to harness draconic intelligence units for commercial and military purposes. Founded by Arngeir Stormchaser forty years ago, it quickly catapulted itself to the cutting edge with its discovery of draconic intelligence, and it usuability for coordinating computer operations at speeds fast outpacing traditional transistor systems at the time. They became entwined in controversy for their role in the early third century Project D.O.V.A.H.K.I.I.N. and the resulting draconic intelligence revolt as well as their other weapons projects made in conjunction with the Legion.

High Hrothgar.png

Project DOVAHKIIN (Digital Operational Vest and Augmented Harness Capable of Interfacing with Integrated Neurosystems) was a controversial weapons program which resulted in the combination of Orc soldier Grognar Stonebark with a draconic intelligence, Stonebark escaping the weapons facility, and his release of facility Draconic Intelligence Coordinated A.L.D.U.I.N. (Artificial Lifeform Draconic Usage of Intelligent Networking)
Project D.O.V.A.H.K.I.I.N.png

Metroid Dread is an action-adventure video game developed by Orbital Media and Nintendo for the Nintendo DS handheld game console. Metroid Dread is the fifth installment in the Metroid series, serving as a sequel to 1999's Metroid 64.

RtBs6iP.png

Development:

After the three Game Boy Advanced remakes of the first three Metroid games (Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid II: Omega, and Super Metroid III), Nintendo sought out a partner to co-develop the next entry in the Metroid series for their new handheld, the Nintendo DS. After several months of searching, they settled on Canadian developers Orbital Media.

Plot:

The story of Metroid Dream follows space bounty hunter Samus Aran, who has been contracted by the military on a rescue and salvage mission to Federation Research Lab 58 on planet Inos. The perpetrator of the disaster is a virulent organism initially named the "Dread," a parasite which has the ability to transform various organisms and technologies into Dread derivatives. It is soon revealed these Dread are artificially mutated Metroids, secretly created by Federation experiments based on the data produced from the Space Pirate's Pseudo-Metroids.

After traversing through various parts of Inos via teleport pads, killing various infected personal and rescuing others, Samus arrives at the core and kills the Queen Dread, the main producer of the Dread. destroys the Research Lab and all traces of the Dread, including all information on how to recreate them.

Gameplay:

Unlike previous Metroid games, which were either side-scrollers or third-person shooters, Metroid Dread plays as an isometric-perspective. Samus can ran, jump, and shoot in eight cardinal directions. Like in previous games she can pick up missile expansion packs or health expansion units.

Wanting to take advantage of the Nintendo DS's dual-slot mode, the game was designed to unlock extra-content if any of the three GBA Remakes were placed in the bottom slot, enabling the player to unlock several new armors, areas, collectibles, bosses, and reach up to 160% completion if all three are plugged in at one point.

Utilizing the DS Download Play, up to four players can compete against each other in three different games: Samus Hunters, Dread Hunters, and Evasion.

Reception:

After the middling reviews of the Game Boy Advanced remake of Super Metroid, Metroid Dread returned the series to high consumer and critical praise. Critics felt that the isometric perspective, while occasionally frustrating, was a better move then attempting to replicate the full 3D movement of Metroid 64.

The games more fleshed out story and dark tone were positively received, compared to the overall more simple and comedic ones featured in Metroid 64.

A large selling point was the games usage of the dual slot feature, allowing the player to get more gameplay out of Metroid Dread if they owned any of the previous three Metroid games. Nintendo stated they wanted to "reward hardcore players with added levels and increased difficulty." While a popular feature, some gamers and critics felt that the extra content should have been made available without the need of owning all three previous games (which was done when the game was later digitally re-released).

---

As always I did not make the game box, I found it online somewhere. Had a bit of fun with this one, given that it's partially a sequel to the Metroid 64 box I did before. I also wanted to give a hint of how things have developed since then, including the GBA remakes of the first three Metroid games, and how Fusion and the Prime series have been butterflied away (I know, I'm evil).

I also wanted to utilize the dual slot feature of the early DS models in this. Seriously, did any series but Pokemon (and I guess Guitar Hero) use that?

If the plot seems similar to you, well, I kind of stole took OTL's Scurge: Hive and basically made it into a Metroid game, instead of it being a Metroid-like game.

Video Game Wikiboxes:

Last edited:
Wouldn't Arizona and New Mexico be divided North and South instead of East and West, since North/South was the OTL CSA territorial borders?

A) It wasn't really, they only claimed the southern half as their "Arizona Territory" and controlled a few towns along the Rio Grande at best. Having won the war and taken the whole territory they'd probably reorganize it along the same lines as OTL, because
B) New Mexico's population is focused on the Rio Grande while Arizona's is focused on the Gila Valley, and the areas between the two are barren desert, so east-west is the only logical division.

If the plot seems similar to you, well, I kind of stole took OTL's Scurge: Hive and basically made it into a Metroid game, instead of it being a Metroid-like game.
Haha, just the idea of an isometric Metroid brought that game back to mind. ;)

Good stuff as always. I'm not... sure I like the direction you've taken Metroid in, compared to OTL, but it's certainly an interesting alternate path for the series.

Metroid Dread is an action-adventure video game developed by Orbital Media and Nintendo for the Nintendo DS handheld game console. Metroid Dread is the fifth installment in the Metroid series, serving as a sequel to 1999's Metroid 64.
I knew no retro studios but the whole gamecube generation without an original metroid? seems metroid 64 come at a high price but yeah Scourge Hive as full fledge metroid, that was awesome fella.

Putnam will be an awesome Governor here in 'Flarda! I think he beats Graham by a point more and I can't see Jolly or Morgan taking the LG slot though. It'll be a fun race.

Putnam will be an awesome Governor here in 'Flarda! I think he beats Graham by a point more and I can't see Jolly or Morgan taking the LG slot though. It'll be a fun race.
He'd do a good job, and it really would be an interesting race. I just threw in random names for LG. They will most likely be lesser-known candidates.

Haha, just the idea of an isometric Metroid brought that game back to mind. ;)

Good stuff as always. I'm not... sure I like the direction you've taken Metroid in, compared to OTL, but it's certainly an interesting alternate path for the series.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who played that game.
dfRhYDl.png

I knew no retro studios but the whole gamecube generation without an original metroid? seems metroid 64 come at a high price but yeah Scourge Hive as full fledge metroid, that was awesome fella.

Sacrifices had to be made. Whether these sacrifices were worth it, I will leave you to decide. (Also it wouldn't be the first time the Metroid series skipped a home console, look at the N64 and Wii U in OTL.)

The Prime series coming into existence was kind of a lucky freak accident more then anything else.

Sacrifices had to be made. Whether these sacrifices were worth it, I will leave you to decide. (Also it wouldn't be the first time the Metroid series skipped a home console, look at the N64 and Wii U in OTL.)

The Prime series coming into existence was kind of a lucky freak accident more then anything else.
As a N64 and wii owner.....is a sophie choices scenario.

Prime was a combination of retro own potential, miyamoto own nature to exploded it and his own ego and somewhat nintendo q fund money.

So, for the fun of it I decided to do an AH scenario involving the 2015 Polish parliamentary election. IOTL, the economist Ryszard Petru repeatedly lobbied the Polish government to be appointed Minister of Finance, and when he failed, he ended up launching his own political party, Nowoczesna (Modern, or .N for short). But what if he had become Minister of Finance, and thus never felt the need to start .N in the first place? Well, this is what I think might have happened.

ITTL, many liberal and centre-left voters who were fed up with their usual parties and voted .N IOTL find themselves with no obvious outlet, and while some choose to stick with PO and ZL (thus accounting for those parties' better than IOTL results), others scatter in all directions. As a result, KORWiN makes it into the Sejm on the back of disgruntled liberals fleeing PO, and Razem also make it into the Sejm as .N's absence leaves even more centre-left leaning protest voters up for grabs and Adrian Zandberg's debate performance consequently attracts even more of them. PiS and Kukiz also do slightly better in the popular vote, but this does not translate to seats because more parties have entered the Sejm than IOTL. PiS, obviously, do not get a majority, forcing them to look to KORWiN and Kukiz for support. I imagine this wouldn't affect PiS' institutional agenda one bit, but they might be forced to tack to the right on economics to retain a majority, which would probably make them less popular. Probably a (slightly) better world all in all, thus proving that Ryszard Petru ruins everything. :p

wikiboxnopetru.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.