Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boundary between "good taste" and "bad taste" is more nuanced than that. A movie like Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS, for example, is obviously not made by Nazi sympathizers, but it's hard to qualify it as being in the realm of good taste.
I've seen far worse out of this thread, don't worry.

A sequel-of-sorts to this.

National PArty.png

In a nation as wide and diverse as the United States, it shouldn't come to a surprise that most political parties have remained sectional, with a limited national reach. Labor fields few serious candidates in seats without a union tradition, and the People's Party have about as much credibility as reports of UFO sightings in Americas major urban centers. Only one outfit stands tall against the tide of sectionalism, the appropriately named National Party. Ever since their foundation in the early 1820's in protest of the by then decades long dominance of the Federalist Party (a fact which also makes them the oldest still existing political party in the world) they have made a point of running candidates, legitimate candidates, in as many constituencies as possible. As a result, they have also acquired a very loose ideological framework which might confuse foreign observers (and even members of other, more rigid, American parties). The coalition of western settlers, rural "white trash" and northern urban workers that unseated First Secretary Rush in 1837 didn't have much in common except anti-elitist rage and concern for "the common man". In the centuries that have passed the Nationals have seen part of their base come and go, and changed their platform again and again, but they have remained the one constant of American politics for almost 200 years.

Despite their self-proclaimed status as a "national" party, the Nationals primary home have ever since their foundation remained in rural America. Indeed, most political scientists would describe the party as agrarian, and while the ideological nature of the candidates they run can vary widely (when they compete with the People's they usually have a populist, vaguely left-of-center bent, and where the Republicans or Labor are in the running the National candidate can usually be counted on to be a self-described conservative) the majority of National congressmen have been consistently been elected from rural seats. The major exception to this (and perhaps the reason they can maintain their national character) are the Irish. When Irish immigrants started to arrive in American en masse in the mid-19th century, they found themselves without a political home. The Federalist successor-parties that maintained control in the northeastern cities the new Americans arrived in didn't have much to offer the new "Paptist scourge". In stepped the Nationals, and for a century-and-a-half they have maintains an almost iron-tight hold on the Irish-American (and once they arrived, to a lesser extent the Polish and the Italian) vote, at least in the urban Northeast. The urban National Parties is a very different beast from its rural counterparts, with machine politics and political Catholicism being the order of the day. While the machines have mostly vanished (or so it is said), the unofficial bond between the National Party, the Catholic Church and the Irish, Polish and Italian communities of the Atlantic seaboard have made sure that the party have remained a viable force in every state from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania, with significant outposts in St. Louis, Kansas City and Chicago.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I suppose some people could be upset by the implication of direct Nazi parallels and the elevation of a noted, contemporary neo-Nazi. I was on the border about posting it, and was basically ready to take it down if anyone complained. I thought it would be similar to a Duterte box I made a while ago, although the difference is that one was more obviously tongue-in-cheek.
It was, as seems to be a habit here, clearly related to current politics.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I have to let everyone in this thread know that it is justthisclose to getting locked because it is continually veering into current politics.

This is the final warning on this. I either start kicking folks as reported, which I don't really want to do, or simply shut down the thread and kill any future ones, which I REALLY don't want to do.

It comes down to this: Y'all can self manage and stop with the current political stuff outside of Chat or I can fix it. Entirely up to y'all.

Washingtons of the World, Unite!
9rkeLqS.png

The three Washingtons, founders of the three greatest republics in the world (after America). The Franco-Polish alliance formed in the 19th century ended up dominating continental Europe, and with Portugal they formed the very powerful Tripartite Pact to counter the Anglo-German Grand Alliance. In the Americas, the United States and the United Provinces locked out all the Europeans except Brazil, which became an equal partner in the union with Portugal. In the early 20th century, the American Alliance and the Tripartite Pact went to war with the Grand Alliance (who were also allied with all the other European nations). The World Republican Army won after the second stage of the war. The Great War lasted from 1909 to 1949, in three phases (1909-1916, 1925-1933, 1939-1949). It truly was the war to end all wars.

I was trying to create a global ideal republic kind of thing.

Asami

Banned
Let Washington's great name,
Ring through the world with loud applause,
Ring through the world with loud applause,
Let ev'ry climb to freedom dear,
Listen with a joyful ear!

Status
Not open for further replies.