Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rJfU6m.png

So, just so that I don't have to do my coursework due tomorrow or think about the US election, I started watching The Last Emperor, and it inspired me to do a thing based on my timeline.

Manchuria, officially the Great Manchu Empire, is the fourth largest state within the Eurasian Union and, together with Mongolia, Finland, Bukhara and Khiva, one of its few Associated States. The Manchu people have long prided themselves on their sovereignty within the Eurasian Union, which lets them govern their country as they please - notably, with a lot of ethnic and cultural cleansing against the Chinese throughout the 30s and 40s. The creation of the Duma of the Union to counteract the lower house in the 90s and the strengthening of human rights within Eurasia have ended that, but Manchuria remains a paternalistic, semi-democratic state ran with very strong influence from the palace of the Aisingorov (formerly Aisin-Gioro) in Mukden.

The 2014 general election was notable for being the first election since 1962 in which more than two out of the four main party leaders was an ethnic Manchu (and the first since 1970 in which there were no ethnic Russians in contention). Indeed, only the Labour candidate, Li Kezhi, was not Manchu. Four main parties, as always, were permitted to run; the monarchy-affiliated (and really only a puppet of monarchical interests) Concordia Association, the moderate opposition People's Party, the closely Trudovik-affiliated Labour Party, and the cultural-nationalist/communist Nine Banners Party (the ninth banner is the proletariat). A surprise to nobody, Concordia, both through its natural popularity and through government... "pressure", returned to government with an absolute majority of the seats, although it recieved only half the vote, the lowest it has ever achieved in recent history.

Fbrgfwc.png
Aq7Ble8.png

Between the election results, desire to shake-up this thread with a non-political infobox and procrastinating starting on the multiple term papers I have yet to write, I decided to make another Trek infobox.

ds9.png

Kovalenko's 2020 approved candidates box. ;):p

34ooxcG.png

I'd also like to share my favorite satire image of the cycle. When are they going to announce the real winner of this election?

ZSGfbJx.jpg

Last edited:
Through a Mirror, Darkly

The U.S. Parks & Game Administration oversees 61 native people's preserves (NPP). The preserves are designed to preserve population of indigenous peoples in places where they shouldn't exist. The majority of preserves are population by archaic human populations--29 human preserves, 16 orcish preserves, 9 centaur preserves, 5 nagina preserves and 2 sylvan preserves. The largest and most infamous of these preserves are the Tiger Stripes Native People's Preserve on the icy world of Etna in the Panyassis system.

The Tiger Stripes are seven parallel valleys that are broad and deep with an Earth-like atmosphere. The inhabitants are archaic humans from haplogroups that were previously unknown to scientists. After several years of initial study, the PGA teamed up with the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health and the Smithsonian Institute to study early human development and culture. One valley was designated as the control group and the other six valleys would become hosts to various experiments to study the society and genetics of the human populations.

There has been significant controversy with the preserves, and the Tiger Stripes in particular. While many preserves are simply managed and preserved from outside influence, many--like the Tiger Stripes--are home to experiments of dubious ethics. In some of the Tiger Stripes, the PGA has cultivated new religions and cults by pretending to be gods. They've intentionally infected a valley with various diseases and causes disasters to study how humans react during apocalyptic times. They've sterilized entire populations and kidnapped women to artificially inseminate them with outside haplogroups. Some newspaper and political groups have attempted to get the preserve shut down, but such criticism is often lost in the storm of other, more important issues, allowing the PGA to operate with impunity.

xsO07E0.png

Manchuria, officially the Great Manchu Empire, is the fourth largest state within the Eurasian Union and, together with Mongolia, Finland, Bukhara and Khiva, one of its few Associated States.

The parallels are a bit ham-fisted but it's always great to see a good box about an unusual place.

Love the space shot, just fits beautifully.

But the backstory is like Heart of Darkness but institutional.

It's all highly unethical, but they're scientists not ethicists, dammit!

Fucking Christ. How bad are those other issues?

It's not that the other issues are bad, it's just that the universe is a very large place with a lot going on and people only have so much time in a day to care about stuff

Jcw3

Banned
It's all highly unethical, but they're scientists not ethicists, dammit!

It's not that the other issues are bad, it's just that the universe is a very large place with a lot going on and people only have so much time in a day to care about stuff

Jesus. This seems like the kind of thing that would give you a *Pulitzer to expose.

There has been significant controversy with the preserves, and the Tiger Stripes in particular. While many preserves are simply managed and preserved from outside influence, many--like the Tiger Stripes--are home to experiments of dubious ethics. In some of the Tiger Stripes, the PGA has cultivated new religions and cults by pretending to be gods. They've intentionally infected a valley with various diseases and causes disasters to study how humans react during apocalyptic times. They've sterilized entire populations and kidnapped women to artificially inseminate them with outside haplogroups. Some newspaper and political groups have attempted to get the preserve shut down, but such criticism is often lost in the storm of other, more important issues, allowing the PGA to operate with impunity.

Jesus Christ. You turned park rangers into a combination of Unit 731 and people who try to create cargo cults around themselves.

Love the space shot, just fits beautifully.

But the backstory is like Heart of Darkness but institutional.

I take it you've never read about the Congo Free State?

Sabot Cat

Banned
These are my predictions for the 2020 Presidential election. As I fidgeted a lot with my predictions in 2016, and tended to get further from what actually happened the closer I got to Election Day, I decided to put my ideas in an Al Gore-style lockbox. The general trajectory of this box is that the Democratic Party engages in a retreat on social issues and fails to mend dissension in their ranks about free trade, among other issues. A recession is experienced by the United States from early 2019 to mid-2020, with a recovery that the public credits to President Donald Trump and the Republican Congress. The 2020 Democratic primary is a mess, from which Tim Kaine emerges on top almost entirely by the virtue of having the most name recognition, and the strongest electability argument from all of the candidates (e.g. he is a relatively popular white male Senator from the South). The Democratic base is unimpressed by Kaine, and fails to turn out for him in many key states, while working class white people in the Rust Belt are distrustful of his past support for NAFTA and the TPP.

WR6pMl0.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.