Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 287519

In the event of a narrow Remain win, UKIP would've surged a-la-SNP after Indyref 1.0. Farage would've called a vote of no-confidence and a snap election by the end of November 2017.

The nightmare scenario had the "Remain" camp won.

Think you are underestimating the effect FPTP would have in preventing UKIP from winning seats. That percentage of the vote is not enough to overcome that. Running those figures through electoral calculus, UKIP are still 50 seats off a majority, though comfortably the largest party.

In that case, Johnson would've challenged him - and he might win.
Would he though? He was going to go before the end of the Parliament anyway, and as I recall Johnson had already publically backed him to go on. He would be far better advised to take a cabinet post and bide his time over the next few years. A big hitter like Johnson would never face Cameron in a leadership contest, there would be a stalking horse first. If Remain won, especially by a narrow margin, then a challenge to Cameron was more than likely, but he would probably fend that off relatively easily.

Had the Tories began to plummet in the polls, especially to UKIP, however, then a second challenge might be more successful, and Johnson would then step in after Cameron was defeated. I doubt whether all of that could happen before mid 2017 though, so Cameron would probably lead them into an early election in this scenario.

I'm having a little trouble with an election wikibox I'm making at the moment. I copied and pasted a NZ election wikibox in to my sandbox, and replaced all the country names (since the wikibox has nothing to do with NZ), party names, party colours, leader names and leader portraits. I also added the seats each party won in parliament. But when I click to preview the wikibox (which I do after every minor change I do on a wikibox) I noticed it wasn't saying the leader's name, leader's parliamentary seat, number of seats the party gained or anything except the party name and the number of votes. Any help?

Hopefully somewhat cheerier than satanic necrophiliac bestiality and mathematics.

M03 Plasma Rifle
The M03 Plasma rifle, officially designated Directed Energy Weapon, 15 Millisol, M03, was the main service rifle of the United States Armed Forces for fifty years. It replaced the older M-13 gradually throughout the 2610s after the Multipurpose Joint Energy Weapon Contest that sought to design a simple, lightweight, hard-wearing weapon that serve in an anti-infantry, anti-tank, and anti-air capacity. The weapon continues to be used by the US Armed Forces in a limited capacity, as well as being the primary service rifle of 256,891 other polities and being used in a limited capacity by some three million more.

Nicknamed the Moth as an abbreviation of its numerical designation and for the distinctive low susurrus it produces when fired which has been likened to the sound of a moth's wings beating, the weapon has a high cultural profile across the galaxy, with the weapon itself appearing on five national flags, in street art, on posters, and in film. The word "Moth" means firearm in the Lyngahx, Marseilouis, Low Palatian, and Stringathyri languages.

jhcwg0t.png

Ninth Cygnus-Orion War
M03 "Moth" Plasma Rifle
Abigail Renfield Tattinger
Sixth Battle of Cearaprusium
Scranton, Spotslyvania Mayoral Election, 2623
Ansil H. Truman
Benjamin Franklin White

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
View attachment 287519

In the event of a narrow Remain win, UKIP would've surged a-la-SNP after Indyref 1.0. Farage would've called a vote of no-confidence and a snap election by the end of November 2017.

The nightmare scenario had the "Remain" camp won.
A surge? Where could they have had this surge? Why would Cameron have resigned and May succeeded him in this scenario (when Johnson was more likely to challenge and beat him in such a scenario)? Why would May, assuming she still somehow became Prime Minister, listen to Farage or really care if he had a surge in the polls? Did Carswell put forward the motion? I mean, I'm not brushed up on my procedure, but I'm fairly certain that Carswell can't do one.

TBH he needed a landslide Remain vote to stay on - the knives were out for him regardless of the result if it was by a close or average margin.

There were a few people talking about something close to what the Canucks call a 'leadership review' if (or rather, when) Remain won, but he wouldn't have been outright toppled. It would have been a Blair post-Iraq process of gradually increasing political anaemia and his eventual early departure.

Anyway that's one point, but the box in question has, shall we say, multiple and very serious issues. Trying to be polite. UKIP would have profited from a Remain vote, but the extent that the box assumes is just silly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.