Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, but my one complaint is I think you're overrstimating how moderate MacKay is. Sure he was a Progressive Conservative, but he was more of a Blue Tory than a Red Tory.
But that's only minor stuff. Real good box/write-up overall!
I'll take your word for it. He's probably campaigning more as a Red Tory since he's the Opposition Leader and can actually win instead of leading a minor party.

Thanks! The most "implausible in context" stuff I feel, are the Tories rebranding as PCs and the NDP becoming SDP, more the former. Still, it makes for a great contrast.

*casually whistles*
nev2016.jpg

It's good, but the problems I find with your wikiboxes are that they have purple links and that you rely on Wikipedia pictures of inconsistent sizes.

Yeah, I'm having problems with finding pictures for the wikiboxes, plus I'm not really that good with picture editing software, so I can't really edit in pictures.

With the purple links, I'm gonna go do it in Incognito from now on. :)

Yeah, I'm having problems with finding pictures for the wikiboxes, plus I'm not really that good with picture editing software, so I can't really edit in pictures.

For the purple links, just change the link to something blue like "Kiwi"

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor

You don't need to be good with picture editing. I just use this image of Jack Layton on wikipedia (link here) for every politician, even if there is an image available. If you set the width to 110px it give some nice dimensions of 110x165px. Then I just use google or wikipedia to find good pictures of the indviduals and crop them in paint to the correct size and paste them in the wikibox.

@That Jersey Guy: It's good, but the problems I find with your wikiboxes are that they have purple links and that you rely on Wikipedia pictures of inconsistent sizes.

Personally I agree with TB. Plus it would be nice to show the seats each party won at the last election and maybe some context/background info. Plus a map wouldn't go amiss :)

You've posted a few of these but there's no explanation about why America has a parliamentary system, what the parties are etc. For example with Nevada, it suggests that the next election is schedule to be held in 2021 (five years later), but the current election is held 4 years after the previous one, can I ask why that is? What caused the Progressive Republicans to call an early election?

Last edited:
Aren't the purple links looking more realistic, actually? I mean, with purple it seems as if someone has already surfed a few articles in the made-up infobox...

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Aren't the purple links looking more realistic, actually? I mean, with purple it seems as if someone has already surfed a few articles in the made-up infobox...
Doesn't look as professional or as aesthetically pleasing. If there's a reason for the links to be purple, then it's fine, but if there isn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.