Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
*NDP down to 6 seats*

mBSQB3d.jpg

Julian: The NDP Kim Kampbell, but slightly better. :p

I'm bored, so here's my prediction for the 2019 Polish European Parliament elections. (only because I daren't predict the general election)

Civic Platform's shift to the right backfires spectacularly as they lose liberals to Petru's Modern while not making up for it by taking conservatives from PiS. Despite this, Modern's result is far below their expectations. Kukiz holds on to his position as the default protest vote and takes some of Korwin's supporters as it becomes increasingly apparent that Korwin's heart just isn't in it anymore. Razem gain publicity by leading the opposition to PiS' abortion ban (finally brought in in 2017 due to pressure from the Catholic Church and pro-life activist groups, even though PiS themselves would really rather be doing anything else) and attacking them from the left on economics, while the SLD just about hold on despite also losing many of their business supporters to Modern. The PSL is nowhere to be seen and falls below 3%.

PiS are sitting pretty throughout all this.

wikiboxeu14.png

Last edited:
Is it also pro-gun? I remember Hunter S. Thompson loved guns.

Yes it is. It's also got a tinge of anti-migration (he opposed people coming into a state (Colorado) and messing 'shit' up, changing laws to suit them or carpet bagging.) (Because as we know HST was clearly not from Kentucky...)

Yes it is. It's also got a tinge of anti-migration (he opposed people coming into a state (Colorado) and messing 'shit' up, changing laws to suit them or carpet bagging.) (Because as we know HST was clearly not from Kentucky...)

Wow. Well, it's clearly not my kind of party. I'd be a Republican in this fucked-up party system you've created.

Hey all. Here's a preview of what will hopefully become The Roaring '40s, a wikibox universe that depicts life in the mid 21st Century, as the world deals with an increasingly unstable climate, Millennials rule the world, and the New Greatest Generation rallies behind increasingly authoritarian leaders to deal with the climate crisis called The Great Unsettling. Watch as the phrase "the fight against climate change" enters common lexicon, where it takes on much the same meaning that the phrase "the war effort" did in the 1940s.

upload_2016-8-21_21-26-33.png

If you think that's bad, wait until the 2044 Atlantic Hurricane Season, when the stalled NAC leads to "The Witches, Three" in the Gulf...

This is just a quickie infobox for a state [ATL British Columbia] in Build-A-World's USA.

upload_2016-8-22_3-18-7.png

Credit for the flag goes to someone on Althistory Wiki, I assume.

In 2014, Governor Kim Frazier knew she was in trouble. Even though she was a Republican (liberal-conservatism, Rockefeller Republicanism) and that Columbia wasn't exactly the most nationalized of states, the unpopularity of Byron Merritt, the National (Christian democracy) president, along with the "six year itch" and a backlash by the hard-right at Merritt's social moderation meant chaos in the right-wing in most of the USA. And in Columbia, the Republicans were seen as part of that right-wing...

Riding on social conservative outrage and the fear of a regionalist take-over, the Unionists (Christian democracy, Cascadian unionism. National party in Columbia) gathered many new members and some even said that they'll replace the Republicans as Columbia's main right-wing and unionist party. Charismatic preacher Christian Morgan won the Unionist nomination easily and promised "a new, Christian, era for Columbia!"

The much-feared regionalists, the Cascadian People's Party (Cascadian regionalism, Center-left) were not taking any chances, as they finally got popular Senator Al Barnett to run for the Governorship after he declined in 2002 and 2010. Talks of getting Labor (Social democracy) to step down and endorse them for the governorship [after all, they were somewhat minor at a state level, unlike at the federal level] ended up going nowhere due to fundamental divisions on the regionalist vs. unionist front. Labor ended up running Debbie Lewis, a two-term State Senator, while mainly focusing on other, more winnable, races.

The campaign itself proved somewhat closer than people expected, as the Unionist surge ended up barely one as the "two-horse race" between unionists and regionalists hurt the Unionist Party in favor of the Republicans. Debbie Lewis, Labor's sacrifical candidate, gave it all she got, and performed far better than expected, dragging the CPP down from their 40-45% into a quite smaller 35-40% in polls.

But in the end, the Columbian people was just fed up, they couldn't take it anymore. They wanted change, and they didn't think Labor could win and that both the Republicans and Unionists represented the "status quo". In the end, they voted for Al Barnett, who was sworn in as the new Governor of Columbia come January 2015...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.