Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by shiftygiant, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Colton be great, don't denigrate

Just like actual history, Britannicus (previous page) gets screwed over once again, it seems.

[​IMG]

<nelsonvoice> "Ha!-Ha!" </nelsonvoice>

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. Heat Waiting for Robert

You sound like a tremendous guy.

3. AYC Gone to Sufficient Velocity

Poor grades during the last year of school will no doubt usher in a no-confidence vote.

4. krinsbez Well-Known Member

I love this!

Though, I would suspect the Girlfriend and Social Interaction Parties to be in coalition, since you can't have one without the other.

5. AYC Gone to Sufficient Velocity

I'm not really interested in a relationship right now, so neither of those parties will get enough seats to be in the government for the foreseeable future

6. Commissar From Kiev Antidisestablishmentarian

Hey, I found those things kinda amusing in a WTF way. But still, best to post infoboxes in the Infobox Thread:)

7. Sithlent Professional Wikipedia Reader

The Land of Odd Future and ya boi Kendrick
    Yeh, I'll just post this somewhere else. Best to keep my drivel in a different place

Commissar From Kiev likes this.
  8. LeinadB93 Just Leinad

Presenting, from the world of Hail, Britannia, the smallest British Dominion in North America:

----

The Dominion of Newfoundland, occasionally referred to as Newfoundland and Labrador, is a constituent country of the United Kingdom located on the eastern seaboard of North America, covering the island of Newfoundland and the region of Labrador on the mainland. Newfoundland is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the east, the Dominion of Canada (specifically the province of Quebec and the territory of Ungava) to the west, and shares a maritime boundary with the Commonwealth of New England and the French overseas department of St. Pierre & Miquelon in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence.

Newfoundland was the last of the continental Home Nations of Britain-in-America to be created, joining the Union as the 13th Dominion in 1907, despite being one of the oldest colonies in North America, dating back to the early 17th century, and having been self-governing since 1855. The collapse of the cod fishery during the early 1990s caused a mini-depression in the local economy, but since the turn of the 21st century the economy has had a major turnaround due to a major energy and resources boom, with offshore oil production in the Grand Banks contributing 15% of the nation's GDP. Newfoundland is the third smallest Home Nation by population.

A brief economic crisis in the 1930s triggered calls for Newfoundland to be integrated into either Canada or New England, but the smallest dominion in North America by poulation (and third smallest overall) has retained a strongly independent culture, with the local variety of Gaelic, known as Newfoundland Gaelic, spoken by nearly a quarter of the population, giving Newfoundland the nickname of "the other Ireland".

The 2016 Newfoundland general election was held on 15 February 2016 to elect, under the instant run-off voting system, the 48 members of the Newfoundland House of Assembly. The election saw the incumbent United Newfoundland government, led by First Minister Kathy Dunderdale, defeated and replaced by the opposition Liberal Democrats led by Jack Harris.

Sliping poll numbers throughout the campaign meant that the change of government was widely predicted, with the UNP having lost voter support over the controversial attempts to amend Newfoundland's Protection of Privacy Act. However polls had widely predicted a hung parliament, with the expectations of a coalition government between the Lib Dems and the Progressives. In a surprise result the Progressives lost two seats, whilst the Labradorian regionalist New Labrador Party secured a victory in each of the four seats in Labrador.

In the aftermath of the election Kathy Dunderdale and Lorraine Michael, leaders of United Newfoundland and the Progressives, announced their resignations from their respective party leaderships, whilst leader of the NLP, Yvonne Jones, called for a referendum to be held in Labrador on devolution.

The New Labrador Party is a regionalist party in Newfoundland that campaigns for the devolution of powers to the region of Labrador in the form of an elected Assembly, although some supporters call for the region to be integrated into Canada as a territory. Formed in 1969 by MGA Tom Burgess, who was disatisfied with the perceived neglection of the region by the Newfoundland political system, the party has gained support over the last fifty years particularly at the local level. Despite dropping out of the General Assembly in the 1970s, the NLP was able to re-enter the House of Assembly in the 1980s and successfully took all four of Labrador's seats at the 2016 election.

At the Imperial level the party is a member of the Alliance of Regions, but has never entered the Imperial Parliament.

The Order of Newfoundland (Gaelic: Ord Talamh an Éisc) is the highest order awarded by the Sovereign in their role as Monarch of Newfoundland and recognises the outstanding merit or distinguished service of any Newfoundlanders who make a major difference to Newfoundland or the United Kingdom through lifelong contributions in every field of endeavour. The four tiers of the order are Knight/Dame, Companion, Officer, and Member. It is one of the newest national orders in the UK, having only been created in 2001.

[​IMG]

Hail, Britannia
    UK SDP leadership spill, 2004 & leadership election, 2011
    Missourian federal election, 2014
    Commonwealth of New England
    New England federal election, 2010
    American Theatre of World War I
    Liberal Party of New England
    Federation of India
    Oregonian general election, 2011
    Kingdom of Hanover; Hanoverian general election, 2012
    Kingdom of Scania; King Valdemar V; Crown Prince Christoffer
    Spanish State (1936-1945)
    National Republic of China (1927-1947)
    Kingdom of the Californias; Californian general election, 2013; King Ramón IV
    Australian federal election, 2014
    Florida; Floridian general election, 2013; Floridian, Texan & Californian Spanish
    Britain-in-America; North American Dutch; Daniel Taylor; Isaac Brock; Taylor-Brock family; Dukedom of Manhattan
    Kingdom of Hawai'i; Hawaiian general election, 2015; King Kūhiō; Native Hawaiians
    Hawaiians in the United Kingdom (Hawaiian British)
    Russian America; Province of Alaska; Orthodox Church in America; Alaskans; North American Russian; Russian-American Company
    Mexican Empire; Mexican federal election, 2013; Emperor Agustín V; President of the Government; Josefina Vázquez Mota
    First Minister of Florida; Order of the Star of Florida; 2015 Floridian independence referendum; Viceroy of Florida; Carlos López-Cantera; Juan Taylor-Brock y Menendez

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  9. Lewie Well-Known Member

Once again amazing work, can't wait to see more.
    How many Home Nations are there by the way.

10. The Chevalier Paleoconservative

George Wallace ran his campaign on an anti-desegregation platform, with Strom Thurmond as his running mate and Vice President. His goal was not to win the election outright, but to prevent Nixon or Humphrey from an Electoral Majority and play Kingmaker. Wallace was able to achieve this by railing on Nixon in the South as a false conservative and a supporter of desegregation. A deciding factor in this election was Wallace's ability to carry South Carolina. With the selection of Strom Thurmond as his running mate, who was a veteran Senator of South Carolina and ran for president in 1960, Wallace was able to prevent Nixon from gaining an Elector Majority. The decision went to congress and with Wallace playing Kingmaker, he was able to get Nixon to end desegregation for his support. In the end congress chose Nixon over Humphrey, with Wallace playing a major role in that decision.

Not only did desegregation end for the time but this election caused a great rift between the Northern Democrats and their Southern counterparts. The American Independent Party was able to gain stronghold in the deep south with their strong segregationist policy. This ended the dominance that the democrats had on the south for the last 100 years. The American Independent Party would be a player in American politics for the time to come.

1968 Presidental Election (George Wallace).v2.png

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  11. Beata Beatrix Anarchist Mum

Good map, but it's Strom.

12. The Chevalier Paleoconservative

brb gonna kill myself

13. Beata Beatrix Anarchist Mum

Everyone on the board makes that mistake. Don't worry about it.

14. The Chevalier Paleoconservative

all fixed

Beata Beatrix likes this.
  15. TwiliAlchemist JAY INSLEE 2020!

This was based off a thing said in my house: "Obama missed his calling as a comedian."
    [​IMG]

16. Archangel Michael Has a gif for that

Reminds me a bit of AJND Bill Clinton

[​IMG]

17. krinsbez Well-Known Member

Is it supposed to be "After Horus" instead of "After Hours"?

Anyways, someone has to make comedian GWB!

Kovalenko, theev and Gordian like this.
  18. Stuyvesant #Gillibrand2020

From the first time this was posted

... and the second

19. Archangel Michael Has a gif for that

One day I'll change it

Today is not that day

20. TwiliAlchemist JAY INSLEE 2020!

Everybody's a comedian?
    [​IMG]
    It's late where I am so I'll add something later, maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.