Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting... But why would Alaska join the Commonwealth of America and not Canada (I'm guessing OTL Canada)? And what about Nova Scotia/New Brunswick/PEI? I'd see them as more likely to join America in this scenario.
Most of the people who settled in ATL Alaska were from America, the people there wanted to be in America, and America had more monies to offer Britain.

And Canada didn't get devolution at the same time as America. It got "federated devolution" (pretty much a weaker version of OTL British North America Act) in the 1860s, and NS+NB+PEI decided to join because it gave them more powers. Canada is the New Zealand analogue, as you probably figured out.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Most of the people who settled in ATL Alaska were from America, the people there wanted to be in America, and America had more monies to offer Britain.

And Canada didn't get devolution at the same time as America. It got "federated devolution" (pretty much a weaker version of OTL British North America Act) in the 1860s, and NS+NB+PEI decided to join because it gave them more powers. Canada is the New Zealand analogue, as you probably figured out.

Fair enough - any Canada infoboxes planned?

NothingNow

Banned
Background character from another project I'm working on.
The Baroness Kelly is a Naturalized British citizen, life peer (and crossbencher) and is at present a resident of Aberdeen, along with her daughter.
The Baroness is the CEO of the Scottish speciality manufacturing company, Yliastrum Services (which primarily serves the Oil and Gas industry,) and has been implicated in a number of scandals, including Cash for Honours, but no solid evidence of wrongdoing on the part of the Baroness Kelly has ever been produced.

jXJ57Br.png

Last edited:
A very small return to the dusty plains of Xanadu. Two possible outcomes for the Xanadu Range War. The Good End where Barasses and the other bantustans are admitted to the Union and Hyale King becomes a member of the Xanadu Supreme Court. The Bad End where Barasses remains independent and Hyale King is gunned down by one of her own bodyguards, throwing the territory back into civil war. Two potential alternate futures for an alternate history. I think I know where I'm going to go, and it won't be either of these, but still fun to think about.

QCRrMe7.png

A fairly quick thing I whipped up to support my TL, I'm sure there's a couple errors in there but it was more to punctuate a point than anything and I thought it might be of some interest:

qnIFirf.png

NothingNow

Banned
Another thing from the same project as the above box.

The Direction Générale des Affaires de Sorcellerie is the French Magical Law Enforcement and Regulatory Agency, and the newest such agency in Western Europe (having only been renamed from it’s original name in the 1970s, when it was “promoted” to being a general directorate, and is in fact younger than the US Mint Police’ Goetry Section, commonly known as MJ12.) Like other MEAs it is primarily concerned with ensuring that French Sorcerers and Alchemists stick to the longstanding agreement between the french government and the various french magical organizations which are collectively termed La Société des Sorciers. It’s present day to day tasks are primarily regulatory, but on occasion the DGAS is forced to convene Le Cour des Silences to handle violations of the law which do not necessitate an immediate reaction (in such situations DGAS field agents will take the lead, backed up by Gendarmes or GIGN as necessary.) The DGAS has to one degree or another been perpetually underfunded, and due to various preceding commitments, it has been unable to grow much beyond it's original size or do many improvements, and as a result has retained it’s original office at 9 Rue Bailly, along with most of it’s original neoclassical furniture, in a preserved state, with the largest exception being that of the 1903 Lot, which was sold to fund electrification of 9 Rue Bailly.

s1TYrAv.png

Last edited:
And there's always the opportunity for a Worse Ending

Brazilian invasion? Saturn exploding? The end of the universe as they know it?:p

Nice to see Xanadu again, even if its through non-canon means. The Bad End one sounds familiar; didn't you write up a short story with a similar premise?

Brazilian invasion? Saturn exploding? The end of the universe as they know it?:p

Things can and will get worse in AJND. It's like the universe's first rule.

Nice to see Xanadu again, even if its through non-canon means. The Bad End one sounds familiar; didn't you write up a short story with a similar premise?

I've gone through about a dozen iterations on how to end this particular story read, ranging from a good everyone lives and is in love ending to a Jacoby and Hyale fake their deaths and spend the rest of their days in hiding in Baja to a bad ending where everyone dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.