Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since I actually posted something here. So, ugh, here's a slightly more successful Jacob Coxey (Lodgeverse of course).

attachment.php

1890 Lodge Bill Timeline:

1892 Presidential and Congressional elections
1894 Congress/1896 general elections
1898 Congress/1900 general election
1902 Congress/1904 general elections
*John Calhoun Bell biography
1906 Congressional elections
1908 General Elections
1910 Congress/1912 general election
1914 House elections
1916 General Elections
1918 House elections
1920 Presidential Election
1920 House and Senate elections
1922 House elections
1924 General Elections
1926 Congress/1928 General election
*Eugene Debs Biography
1932 Presidential Election
1936 Presidential Election
1940 Presidential Election (THE END of Part 1)
xxx
Chapter 1: New World Reckoning
Chapter 2: Old World Lashback

There have in the past been proposals to split Uttar Pradesh into three or four states, and I can see the sense in that.

Splitting California into two states "North California" and "South California" would make sense, from a congressional standpoint, considering the huge nature of its population (it's larger than that of Canada's!).

Dorozhand

Banned
Infobox for the People's Republic of Germany from my Third World War universe, same as that of the box on State President Max Reimann I posted earlier.

germanywiki.png

germanywiki.png

The United States of America from AJND, probably the largest, most expansive and most diverse human empire in history, with territory stretching across every world and moon in the Solar System, along with hundreds of orbitals and asteroid habitats. A technocratic nation noted for government oversight of the economy and ongoing racial and ethnic oppression, the United States remains one of the great superpowers of the world.

WsoNeH2.png

I know Columbianism is not the nicest of religions under the surface, but I can't help but like it anyway, or at least prefer it to the Tea Party kookiness. That probably says something awful about me.:p

The Chicago Convention, what prompted that? Was that before or after the Deluge? I'm assuming that this convention is what finally constitutionally enshrined the technocratic nature of the United States?

NothingNow

Banned
I think it was the one where the commonwealth system was established.

Yeah, the technocratic consensus was previously mentioned to have only really happened in the 2090s, with it being developed and enshrined thanks to the right demagogue, and a whole lot of Justices retiring or dying during that demagogue's term.

Columbianism has been a force in American politics for much longer in all actuality.

NothingNow

Banned
USCGC Chesapeake (WIX-900) is the oldest commissioned United States Coast Guard vessel, and the sole wooden Tall ship in service with the United States Coast Guard (and the second oldest commissioned vessel in the United States, after the USS Constitution.) The Chesapeake is the only remaining commissioned ship to have served in the Azik war, and is the sole remaining vessel operated by any uniformed service to have been originally commissioned into service with another Navy, following the loss of USCGC Eagle (WIX-327) in a collision in 2060.

The Chesapeake, originally the Kumaglak was originally constructed by the Azik Fleet to serve both as a squadron flagship, and to hunt pirates threatening Azik trade in the late 2020s. A role which the Kumaglak continued in even after being rearmed with Soviet technical assistance in the 2040s, before being captured in the Action of 1 June 2049 by the Kanaga Sloop Istlana and the Coast Guard Cutter Ingham after being driven aground. Then, after her second refit in five years, the newly commissioned Chesapeake now served as a troopship (with a significant portion of it’s crew being former Kumaglak crew men enticed by significantly higher pay and better food,) becoming the flagship of Landing Force Six, which operated in the various archipelagoes around the Dacian mainland until the end of the war. Postwar, the Chesapeake continued in various roles until the her 2056 refit, which removed most of her armament, and freed her up to be used as the sail training vessel for the newly established Coast Guard Academy Europa in Mayport (using the facilities of the old Unarmok Admiralty Board.)

At present it is planned to replace the Chesapeake in her role as a Sail Training vessel for the Coast Guard Academy Europa with an Active-class fully-rigged ship, while she is turned into a museum ship in time for the centennial anniversary of her capture.

NjWtY4T.png

@Archangel Michael

Do you have all the links to the various AJND Infoboxes? If not can you at give me the link to the first one?

Also considering the vast expansion of the United States outside Earth, why has the Terrestrial United States remained the same size? Unless Canada, Mexico and Cuba have their own "space colonies"

Have you done additional TLs or other written material of this universe?

NothingNow

Banned
@Archangel Michael

Do you have all the links to the various AJND Infoboxes? If not can you at give me the link to the first one?

Also considering the vast expansion of the United States outside Earth, why has the Terrestrial United States remained the same size? Unless Canada, Mexico and Cuba have their own "space colonies"

I'm not Mike, but here's some of the background stuff for it:
The AJND thread in ASB and the AJND series Archive from Mike's Signature, which has direct links to something like 65% of the stories in it.

Last edited:
Interesting infobox, NN.

I know Columbianism is not the nicest of religions under the surface, but I can't help but like it anyway, or at least prefer it to the Tea Party kookiness. That probably says something awful about me.:p

Columbianism is just a crazy type of fun.

The Chicago Convention, what prompted that? Was that before or after the Deluge? I'm assuming that this convention is what finally constitutionally enshrined the technocratic nature of the United States?

I think it was the one where the commonwealth system was established.

Yeah, the Chicago Convention was a slate of government reforms that introduced the commonwealth system (it'd be another 10 years before it was actually used), but the Rumsfeld administration had seen the coming need for reform.

@Archangel Michael

They're unfortunately spread all over the place. You can just look at the posts that I've made in this thread and the first wikibox thread since that's the bulk of them.

Why would the terrestrial United States expand? There's no particular reason to, and it would be messy and controversial, especially when there's near infinite land available elsewhere.

I'm not Mike, but here's some of the background stuff for it:
The AJND thread in ASB and the AJND series Archive from Mike's Signature, which has direct links to something like 65% of the stories in it.

Yeah, the archive has most of what I've written though it needs a bit of updating.

They're unfortunately spread all over the place. You can just look at the posts that I've made in this thread and the first wikibox thread since that's the bulk of them.

Do you any idea which page on the first thread you started, that would be all I need from there.

Why would the terrestrial United States expand? There's no particular reason to, and it would be messy and controversial, especially when there's near infinite land available elsewhere.

Why not? I mean population wise the expansion would be at most 1-2 and issues with ethnicity and migration are not really anything like relevant. Likewise there are defense benefits from doing such an annexation and like with Scotland and England, access to trading with the colonies would be a major leverage to begin with.

Anyway this is your universe and I just wondered that if America is going to expand to such a dramatic size, why leave Canada and Mexico out?

Status
Not open for further replies.