Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a revaluation at some point, or are you averting the future inflation cliché?

For in-universe stories, I've been tending at lower values to keep with the more retro feel, but realistically, there would be higher inflation because it's a bit in the future. But at this point, TBH, the U.S. economy is basically held together by space rocks, the souls of lost orphans and the New New Deal.

Was there a revaluation at some point, or are you averting the future inflation cliché?

It's not a cliché though, if a economy doesn't have inflation, then it's rather worrisome. If you meant more like "yeah, so a dollar in 2015 is 3 billion dollars in 2250", then agreed. I guess that with the major wars Archangel has mentioned, there should have a big inflation at some points. I doubt there'd be a revaluation any way since the US dollar it's a free-floating currency (unless in ANJD it isn't?)

For in-universe stories, I've been tending at lower values to keep with the more retro feel. And at this point, TBH, the U.S. economy is basically held together by space rocks, the souls of lost orphans and the New New Deal.

Ah, a fiat currency!:p

Also, the Libria State Assembly elections of 2015, which I have just got done running in Shared Worlds.

UBRhDLX.png

DMvKKmd.png
9STdsEM.png

As you can see, the domination of the Motherland Party in the Women's Districts was key to their securing an overall majority, inspire of 2nd place finish in the very divided Men's Districts. I'll do a proper election box for this later, probably.

List of Gave Me Liberty infoboxes:
President Ernest R. Paul
Cynthia Wells, President of the Red Cross
Librian Free Women's Militia
Libria State Assembly
Operation
Fever Dream
Continental Army Strategic Artillery Corps
Zebulon Pike
Wasatch Insurgency
New York Special Public Authority for Cosmic Exploration and Science (NY SPACES)
New York Ballot Question No. 244
John Jason Astor VI
Empire Party of New York
Workingman's Party of New York
2011 Jacksonville tax demonstrations
Georgia Occupation Authority
Concerned Citizens Against Standardized Testing
U.S. Federal Penitentiary No. 1
Ricky Newsome, Batlimore Titans No. 62
California v. Approximately 20,000 Pounds of Whale Meat
Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission
Republic of South Carolina
President Melville Fuller
President W. Jennings Bryan
Sam Oshima

I assume that election works like Soviet elections, only with more of a Putinist flair?

(Blank votes count as for CPSU, only CPSU candidate can campaign, media controlled by CPSU, but token "opposition")

Astrodyne is one of the largest and most powerful corporations in the solar system, and is headed up by the richest man in history, Scot Burr. Astrodyne's initial claim to fame was the Burr-Kamijio nuclear pulse jet rocket that revolutionized, cutting travel times significantly and making interplanetary flight far more cost-effective. Started right out of college by Burr and his childhood friend, Izabelle Ford, with loans from both their families, Astrodyne quickly cornered the market on rocket engines and expanded. The company has become a significant conglomerate and includes a wide variety of different subsidiaries from computing and information technology to biotech and health to food to mining and mineral extraction to energy to ore production to weapons to private security forces--Astrodyne does it all. However, Astrodyne has been a source of major controversy in recent years due to it's ongoing human cloning project, which was first unveiled in 2122 (for which Scot Burr was named TIME's Person of the Year, and the research team (lead by Maggie Neher, Walter O'Keefe, and John Henry Roth) won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2130)--human cloning remains illegal in the United States under so-called Sixth Day Laws first passed in the 2030s during the first major human cloning bruhaha with Adam Morgan and ZymoTech. Following the death of Scot Burr's wife Juliette in 2019, he went into seclusion and the company faltered despite the continued stewardship under Izabelle Ford--following his first public appearance in 2122 during the announcement of the first successful cloned human being, the company's fortunes have gone up again, though many suspect that Ford is calling the shots while Burr remains a figurehead.

8RwjYol.png

Last edited:
Random question that just came to mind, have there been any Tillionaires in AJND, and if so who was the first one?

Status
Not open for further replies.