Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ireland? Will Ireland finally move on from FF and FG or will that be as entrenched as the American system?

Of course it will stay the same :p. I have an idea for an "Irish Tiger" being more sustainable than the OTL one, being something like Sweden in being sandwiched between the superpowers and quietly doing well for itself.

But I'm thinking about lots of ideas for FF, FG, Irish Labour and various pro-US (read US-backed) technocrats in various different parties. But FF and FG will have to stay. Maybe I'll make a splash by reversing the political situation: FG runs on being the party of government and FF runs on not being FG. :p

Of course it will stay the same :p. I have an idea for an "Irish Tiger" being more sustainable than the OTL one, being something like Sweden in being sandwiched between the superpowers and quietly doing well for itself.

But I'm thinking about lots of ideas for FF, FG, Irish Labour and various pro-US (read US-backed) technocrats in various different parties. But FF and FG will have to stay. Maybe I'll make a splash by reversing the political situation: FG runs on being the party of government and FF runs on not being FG. :p
Ha! So Fianna Fail-Labour coalition against a Fine Gael dominance? Makes slightly more sense than OTL! :p

Technocrats and a Green Party that somehow became the main "republican" party after Sinn Fein collapses into infighting? Just ideas.

Ha! So Fianna Fail-Labour coalition against a Fine Gael dominance? Makes slightly more sense than OTL! :p

Technocrats and a Green Party that somehow became the main "republican" party after Sinn Fein collapses into infighting? Just ideas.

Possibly. The things is, with Irish reunification happening, Sinn Fein would just cease; it's lost its purpose after that.

Bear in mind, it's Archangel Michael's timeline, so he could let me fiddle around with it or he might have his own ideas. It's not my timeline, unfortunately.

Possibly. The things is, with Irish reunification happening, Sinn Fein would just cease; it's lost its purpose after that.

Bear in mind, it's Archangel Michael's timeline, so he could let me fiddle around with it or he might have his own ideas. It's not my timeline, unfortunately.
True. Let wait and see. Here's some more ideas if he doesn't have any problems...

Maybe the SDLP merges into Irish Labour while the UUP fades away and DUP resists bitterly the new status quo? Alliance could run in all Ireland! :D

I guess the Republican and Democratic parties are eternal an AJND, eh? :p

There's largely a reason and a point to it.

Curious, was marijuana legalized? And afterwards, were other recreational drugs ever proposed for legalization?

lol, no. Blue laws and various levels of alcohol prohibition are still common at the state and county levels.

Ooh, Ireland would be a good one to do, methinks! Or you could let me do it. ;)

I haven't really touched much on Ireland.

Ireland? Will Ireland finally move on from FF and FG or will that be as entrenched as the American system?

I have nothing written down for Ireland right now, and the American system is entrenched and still going strong for a very important reason not present in Ireland.

Epstein

Banned

Great wikiboxes, Mike. Love how plausible you've made party politics in the AJND retrofuture.

I've noticed that the Greens and Libertarians are still frequent third party candidates here (on Terra, at least), so I'm curious how these parties differ from OTL and whether or not they do better in local/state elections.

Great wikiboxes, Mike. Love how plausible you've made party politics in the AJND retrofuture.

I've noticed that the Greens and Libertarians are still frequent third party candidates here (on Terra, at least), so I'm curious how these parties differ from OTL and whether or not they do better in local/state elections.

They're mostly just temporary vehicles for some wing of the Democratic or Republican Party whose dissatisfied with the party's final choice to voice their dissatisfaction. They do get lucky a few times and get a candidate in (there's a lot of available seats), but again, it's mostly some dissatisfied splitter.

They're mostly just temporary vehicles for some wing of the Democratic or Republican Party whose dissatisfied with the party's final choice to voice their dissatisfaction. They do get lucky a few times and get a candidate in (there's a lot of available seats), but again, it's mostly some dissatisfied splitter.
I wonder if Constitution gets that as well.

Anyway, I would like to organise your infoboxes to make sure people doesn't have to go a-searching for them. Set up a wikipage and put links and all that jazz.

I've got Barrasses (2143-2151), Cassini 2139, Cornucopia (2133-2145), Dacia (2127-2143), Galileo (2131 & 2135), Saragossa 2139, Valhalla 2135, and Xanadu (2133-2145) plus the legislative and list of state governors for that commonwealth. Is there any others I missed for the commonwealths?

Anyway, I would like to organise your infoboxes to make sure people doesn't have to go a-searching for them. Set up a wikipage and put links and all that jazz.

I've got Barrasses (2143-2151), Cassini 2139, Cornucopia (2133-2145), Dacia (2127-2143), Galileo (2131 & 2135), Saragossa 2139, Valhalla 2135, and Xanadu (2133-2145) plus the legislative and list of state governors for that commonwealth. Is there any others I missed for the commonwealths?

I think that's all of them for the commonwealths.

I think that's all of them for the commonwealths.
Alright. For non-USA stuff, I have elections for Annam, Argentina, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Scotland and the United Arab Republics. I also have my infobox for Wales.

Is that all of the non-USA stuff? There's also an infobox about the Brazilian President I have.

I like how Texas has 6 year gubernatorial terms, some that most Mexican states do and something I always figured the big states ought to have. I'm going to assume the Lt. Governor still runs separate and both have a single term limit?

Alright. For non-USA stuff, I have elections for Annam, Argentina, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Scotland and the United Arab Republics. I also have my infobox for Wales.

Is that all of the non-USA stuff? There's also an infobox about the Brazilian President I have.

That should be it I believe.

I like how Texas has 6 year gubernatorial terms, some that most Mexican states do and something I always figured the big states ought to have. I'm going to assume the Lt. Governor still runs separate and both have a single term limit?

Yeah, the Lieutenant Governor is elected separately but has no term limits. The governor, on the other hand, cannot succeed themselves, but can run again in the next election. So Wefad can't run for reelection in 2140, but can in 2146. And like OTL, the Governor of Texas is a weak executive with the legislature dominating.

Louisiana
Like all states south of the Appalachians (except for Florida), Louisiana has a large African-American plurality. The state had been decimated by the Deluge, but with the help from the Army Corps of Engineers and the National Recovery Agency, Louisiana was rebuilt, and New Orleans was raised above sea level and remains one of the world's busiest ports. Today, Louisiana is dominated by black Democrats, and the top-two jungle primary system almost always ensures that two Democrats face off against each other in the runoff (opposite of the jungle primaries in New England). In 2131, centrist Third Way Democrat and incumbent governor Cameron Johnson faced a strong challenger from the union-backed Marc Broussard. Both Johnson and Broussard escaped the first round with Johnson out in front, but the union machines rallied around him and he managed a narrow victory over Johnson.

Mississippi
Mississippi is another state with a large black plurality and Democrats control all levels of state government. Governor Maurice Johnson (no relation to the former Louisiana governor) had easily won nine previous two-year terms. Mississippi has a high per-capita income, based largely around high-tech industries--the University of Mississippi is one of the nation's leaders in blue sky genetic research. Johnson is extremely popular, as the economy has grown steadily under his administration, and he easily dispatched Republican nominee Dale Holliday after very little campaigning.

Alabama
The 2132 election was quite chaotic, as State Senator Antoine Larkin managed to knock off incumbent Governor Daquon Riley in the primary and then went on to win the election easily. While Larkin had remained popular, a group of central Alabama (mostly old school black Democrats) felt personally slighted by him--Larkin was young and seen as inexperienced, but was quite telegenic and visited every county in the state during the primary. Riley mounted a primary challenge against Larkin--little separated them ideologically, but with many intra-party spats, it was personal. Riley lost the rematch, but chose to run as an Independent Democrat in the general, again losing for a third time to Larkin in 2 years. In order to quell any future turmoil, President Benjamin G. Thurman named Riley the new Federal Commissioner to Cornucopia in the Asteroid Belt.

0R2ZBnM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.