Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been considering doing a sequel to the Lodgeverse, and I don't mean those little snippets I've shown before. I mean something like what Tsao/Mike showed on the last list. A diffrent American political system, with original characters. This'll be the "real" canon, the other one a side universe.

It'd be something interesting at least. Y/N?

What's the most faraway state/commonwealth?

Furthest organized territory is out around Neptune, but there's settlements on Pluto.

I've been considering doing a sequel to the Lodgeverse, and I don't mean those little snippets I've shown before. I mean something like what Tsao/Mike showed on the last list. A diffrent American political system, with original characters. This'll be the "real" canon, the other one a side universe.

It'd be something interesting at least. Y/N?

Doit.

A state? .

Well, a commonwealth with a bunch of territories just on the verge of statehood. Commonwealths are usually organized first in advance to law the groundwork for statehood.

And a few quick more.

Despite the Grayson wave of 2132, the Democrats lost in Indiana, with incumbent Governor Allen Strange losing to Donna Reinbold, the Director of the EPA under President Janet Gibbs. Strange lost a close election due to an ineffectual and off-putting campaign, since he believed that he could ride Grayson's coattails to victory. In Wisconsin, popular liberal Republican Karla Cooper was reelected to a fifth two-year term by a wide margin over former Dane County Executive Heidi Laforest who ran a populist, conservative campaign in a losing effort. In Michigan, the governor is largely a figurehead as most power is wielded by the State Planning Commission by the state's largest union, the United Autoworkers. Ralph Just was elected to a sixth four-year term in a huge landslide over attorney Tyler T. Welsh. Becuase of the UAW's power, the elected of its statewide president is closely watched, and in 2133, Kwesi Brown (a cousin to UAW President Kofi Brown and DNC CHair Kwame Brown), was elected President in a narrow election.

WNwZ16v.png

You should do an election for Neptune.

And wow. Who governs Michigan? The unions!

At some point I'll get around to it. Have other things that need doing first.

And that sort of thing isn't necessarily uncommon. There's quite a few states where the Planning Commissions wield more power, and there's one very large union that calls the shots.

Well since you whined enough :p

PhxBzRJ.png

Nothing too imaginative or exciting here. The Minnesota Republicans rebranded themselves as the New Republicans of Minnesota years and years ago when the Republican brand in Minnesota was quite damaged and toxic and they never changed back. The New Republicans are a bit to the left of the national party, primarily socially, while Democrats get their support from the Twin Cities machine (formally the Democratic Booster Club of the Twin Cities, who have become quite dirty and controversial in recent years) and from workers in the northern Iron Range and from the docks in Duluth.

New Republicans? I'm guessing they're kind of like the Independent Republican Party of Minnesota...but newer!

And since we're all hoping on the beg-Mike-train-for-boxes-train, can we (by that I of course mean I) get some news on Arizona?

New Republicans? I'm guessing they're kind of like the Independent Republican Party of Minnesota...but newer!

And since we're all hoping on the beg-Mike-train-for-boxes-train, can we (by that I of course mean I) get some news on Arizona?

May as well ask for my boyfriend's state, New York, while we're at it.

I see Floyd Olson's dynasty lives! :D ;)

Cool Minnesota infobox. No Indy/Reform/Green/etc?
I don't think you truly understand how common Olson is, as a name, in the upper midwest. :p

(And to be perfectly honest, I'd be surprised if there's too many more terrestrial third parties; the way Archie's described it, AJND America seems like it's culturally held together in no small part by the party duopoly culture, even if the parties differ by about three points of a hundred.)

I see Floyd Olson's dynasty lives! :D ;)

That one is just another coincidence. The surname Olson/Olsen is incredibly common, especially in this part of the country.

Cool Minnesota infobox. No Indy/Reform/Green/etc?

Not this election cycle for Minnesota.

May as well ask for my boyfriend's state, New York, while we're at it.

Arizona and New York are in the pipeline and will be coming eventually. I have a few more ahead of them, and I only did Minnesota now since I had the notes for it ready to go and it was easy.

(And to be perfectly honest, I'd be surprised if there's too many more terrestrial third parties; the way Archie's described it, AJND America seems like it's culturally held together in no small part by the party duopoly culture, even if the parties differ by about three points of a hundred.)

It very much is so. The parties are two of the largest civic groups holding the American citilization-state together. Most third parties are short-lived protests or temporary splits due to intraparty spats, but they always fold back in and the Democrats and Republicans reign supreme with very little change.

Well since you whined enough :p

<snip>

Nothing too imaginative or exciting here. The Minnesota Republicans rebranded themselves as the New Republicans of Minnesota years and years ago when the Republican brand in Minnesota was quite damaged and toxic and they never changed back. The New Republicans are a bit to the left of the national party, primarily socially, while Democrats get their support from the Twin Cities machine (formally the Democratic Booster Club of the Twin Cities, who have become quite dirty and controversial in recent years) and from workers in the northern Iron Range and from the docks in Duluth.

Awesome. Good to see the MN Republicans decide to be different than the main GOP...again.

Also this is proof that whining enough or posting enough annoying gifs will get you what you want, kids.

I felt like the Minnesota Republicans needed to get into the name change game too.

How many Republican Parties does that make? Jeffersons, the Lincoln era, and Liberal Republicans. Does the 1910's Progressive Party count as a Republican splinter? How about the Farmer-Laborer party which grew out of disaffected Republicans? Are Independent Republicans a seperate party or just the awkward teenage years?

But eventually someone might put their foot down. ;)

Self-Control: You can always do it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.