Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NothingNow

Banned
not really good at making these boxes, hoping to get some help from someone

Are you using Wikipedia's sandbox, and just editing the content of an appropriate infobox?

Because that's the easiest way to do it, even if you inevitably have to assemble it in Paint (or Paintbrush, if you're on a mac) afterward.

I'm not sure where to ask this exactly, but I was wondering how Columbianism works in non-American countries like Nigeria. Do Nigerian Columbianists de-emphasise the Americentrism or what?

Just an idea that hit me, one of Chief Justice Abraham Lincoln, after his service of President.

attachment.php

I'm just now reminded of how Vice-President Lincoln became Chief Justice in SoaP, literally as I was typing the above.

Just an idea that hit me, one of Chief Justice Abraham Lincoln, after his service of President.

I'm just now reminded of how Vice-President Lincoln became Chief Justice in SoaP, literally as I was typing the above.

:cool:

Your Lincoln's career reminds me of Taft somewhat.

Are you using Wikipedia's sandbox, and just editing the content of an appropriate infobox?

Because that's the easiest way to do it, even if you inevitably have to assemble it in Paint (or Paintbrush, if you're on a mac) afterward.

If you have Firefox, you can use the Nimbus screenshot addon to avoid having to stitch it together in Paint.

I'm not sure where to ask this exactly, but I was wondering how Columbianism works in non-American countries like Nigeria. Do Nigerian Columbianists de-emphasise the Americentrism or what?

Internationalist Columbianism isn't as "America fuck yeah" for obvious reasons, but still says that America and what it stands for is pretty important. There's variants of Columbianism--neo-Confucianism in East Asia, Guadalupeism in Latin America, Nigerian Columbianism (really a folk Chrislam syncretism). Cosmology, eschatology and metaphysical stuff are identical with an emphasis on freedom, equality, liberty and democracy, but with different prophets, angels and gods.

Internationalist Columbianism isn't as "America fuck yeah" for obvious reasons, but still says that America and what it stands for is pretty important. There's variants of Columbianism--neo-Confucianism in East Asia, Guadalupeism in Latin America, Nigerian Columbianism (really a folk Chrislam syncretism). Cosmology, eschatology and metaphysical stuff are identical with an emphasis on freedom, equality, liberty and democracy, but with different prophets, angels and gods.

Wait, how does Confucianism square with an emphasis on freedom and equality? From what I know of Confucianism (which isn't very much, I'll admit), it seems to be more focused on propriety and social cohesion through hierarchies.

Wait, how does Confucianism square with an emphasis on freedom and equality? From what I know of Confucianism (which isn't very much, I'll admit), it seems to be more focused on propriety and social cohesion through hierarchies.

Well even in the West, we don't talk about freedom and equality as absolutes. Confucianism is certainly hierarchical but it can be construed as a form of social contract with each layer having rights and responsibilities.

You have the freedom and liberty to live in harmony with society, but the state has the freedom and liberty to make sure you live in harmony. Not like regular Columbianism is any better.

This is what happened to the rebellious kid Bart Simpson in Born in the Blue. He becomes one of the most influential Chief Justices of the Supreme Court.

In his father's presidency, he was viewed as an embarrassment, with his naughtiness hurting the First Family's image. Later, Bart would say that the stress of being the First Family hurt the family and that his acting out was his way of copying. After Homer stepped down in January 2017, Bart felt that he was liberated from the stress of the public eye. He was then 18 years old and chose to take a construction job "to work out the stress and anger I had". This job lasted five years, and after that, he fell by the wayside, his application to law school getting lost and he fell in poverty, taking on an amateur music career. In the end, he was bailed out by his dad, now an elder statesman, and got his application successfully accepted. "I felt that our relationship, once terrible, started to heal at that point. His act showed to me that he did indeed care for me and wished the best for my future."

His time in law school was good and he received his law degree. He ended up a lawyer, but by the 2040s, he developed a drinking problem due to his relationship with his wife ending in divorce and this caused him to lose his career as a result. This worsened his drinking problem, and by the time his sister became President, he fell back in his childhood role, that of being a presidential embarrassment.

However, in late 2045, Bart Simpson managed to use his law knowledge to help his sister's administration deal with a crisis, and dealt with his drinking problem. Thus in early 2046, after Harvey Dent resigned due to health issues, Bart was appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

His appointment was at first shocking as it was somewhat nepotistic, but he proved a very capable and even transformative Chief Justice, and by the time he stepped down, he was a widely-respected judge and his two kids became somewhat prominent in Ohioan politics, continuing the powerful Simpson political dynasty.

BS.PNG

Last edited:
Dr. Sophia Ming, the current Superintendent of Public Health of the Commonwealth of Ares. Ming is one of the most famous and outspoken supporters of eugenics in the United States. During her time as the Superintendent of Public Health, the Department of Public Health has forcibly sterilized more than 200,000 people with genetic birth defects, mental and physical disabilities, terminal illnesses and prisoners (mostly rapists and murders, though a large number of petty criminals with high recidivist numbers)--likewise, a further 70,000 elderly and sick have taken part in government-run euthanasia programs, and she has proposed mandatory genetic screening for couples planning to have children and incentives to terminate problematic pregnancies. Ming is a rising star in the Ares Democratic Party, but her programs are opposed by a coalition of conservative Democrats and small government Republicans--though the eugenics program itself remains very popular. She's become the head of the American Hygiene PAC, a political action committee that supports eugenics laws. Many states have begun to enact similar laws, and while there's large support for them, they're still controversial and very polarizing, particularly within the Democratic Party.

2Nt7ZJw.png

Dr. Sophia Ming, the current Superintendent of Public Health of the Commonwealth of Ares...

She sounds like a barrel of laughs. I do often wonder if supporters of such schemes would let them be enforced on their own relatives and children...

Again, you've managed to make a somewhat niche and geeky format be actually a bit terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.