Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let's start with...

-Have Today and Good Morning America been running continuously, or are they relaunches?

Today has been running continuously, and Good Morning America is a revival on a different network after a few years hiatus. The Late Show and The Tonight Show have also been airing continuously, while After Hours is a revival of sorts.

-What length/format are the morning shows?

For most of them (CBS This Morning, Today, Good Morning America) it's standard format you'd see today. About 3-4 hours long, light news, business, sports and weather with lots of pop culture and witty banter thrown in. The exception are Disney's shows (Wake Up and The Morning Show) which are more similar to late night talk shows except in the morning--they're the edgier, more comedy-oriented morning shows.

-If PBS has proper morning shows, does this mean there's no Sesame Street?

PBS's morning shows end earlier than the other networks, allowin for the children's education shows like Sesame Street. Though early afternoon is more popular since the vast majority of children are at daycare or at school during the day.

-Is The View on DuMont in any way similar to the OTL show, or does it just have the same name?

Similar name and format, but different show.

-I kinda want to know more about the hosts/anchors of all of these morning and evening shows, but I suspect that would be too big to be answered, no?

I have a few scattered notes about Brian Ferrera (the most trusted man in America and the host of NBC Nightly News for almost 45 years) and Isabelle Choo of DuMont Newsnight (former Minuteman spokesperson who rose to fame for her upbeat and optimistic press briefings during the Ionian Mutiny). But that's about it.

For most of them (CBS This Morning, Today, Good Morning America) it's standard format you'd see today. About 3-4 hours long, light news, business, sports and weather with lots of pop culture and witty banter thrown in. The exception are Disney's shows (Wake Up and The Morning Show) which are more similar to late night talk shows except in the morning--they're the edgier, more comedy-oriented morning shows.
I asked this particular question because, IOTL, Today maintains a somewhat different format then it used to, with the third hour and fourth hour being halfway to being separate shows.

PBS's morning shows end earlier than the other networks, allowin for the children's education shows like Sesame Street. Though early afternoon is more popular since the vast majority of children are at daycare or at school during the day.
Actually, now I want to be sure; is Sesame Street still running?

Similar name and format, but different show.
How similar? Like, Is it similar in that it's a bunch of ladies talking, or similar in that they make a point of having said ladies be a good mix of political opinions, careers, and ethnicity, so as to offer different perspectives, or similar in that they have a massive host turnover or what?

More questions:

-Disney used to be ABC, I take it? Why and when did they decide to rebrand?

-Where do the big morning/evening shows film from? I'm particularly curious how Disney World News Tonight is parsed; IE, do they film in Disney World, or is the name a pun or unfortunate juxtaposition? Heck, is there a Disney World in AJND?

-Is The Soup in anyway related to the OTL show of the same name?

-Where do the various syndicated Day Talk shows slot on the trashiness scale?

-Is the lack of a listing for Soaps simply because you haven't seen fit to formulate one at this time, or because the genre has died out?

-Is the presence of late night animation blocks an indicator that the Animation Age Ghetto no longer exists in AJND? If so, is South Park Syndrome in effect? If not, are they original cartoons or do they rerun classics? In either case, are they mostly humor toons, or are action or drama toons represented?

-Does CBS Animaniacs! have anything at all to do with the beloved OTL cartoon series of similar name?

-Is Elvis Washington a Ghoulardi/Vampira-style Horror Host, or something more "normal"? If the former, how silly is he? Does he show reruns of classic or cult films, or goofy SyFyesque Originals ala Birdemic, Sharknado, etc. or what?

-Howsabout The Witching Hour?

-Is Mercury Theatre At Midnight a worthy inheritor of the Mercury Theater name or what?

-Howsabout Ford Playhouse

-What kinda show is What Time Is It?

-Is the Anime Xpress block on RKO in fact for Japanese cartoons, or does the word "anime" have a different meaning in AJND? If the former, why is it that RKO has an explicitly anime block?

Last edited:
Actually, now I want to be sure; is Sesame Street still running?

Of course it is. Let the good times roll.

How similar? Like, Is it similar in that it's a bunch of ladies talking, or similar in that they make a point of having said ladies be a good mix of political opinions, careers, and ethnicity, so as to offer different perspectives, or similar in that they have a massive host turnover or what?

A diverse variety of women offering different viewpoints on pop culture, news, sports, media and life.

-Disney used to be ABC, I take it? Why and when did they decide to rebrand?

Sometime in the early 21st century as its ratings began to collapse and there was a lot of executive drama.

-Where do the big morning/evening shows film from? I'm particularly curious how Disney World News Tonight is parsed; IE, do they film in Disney World, or is the name a pun or unfortunate juxtaposition? Heck, is there a Disney World in AJND?

Chicago generally, which is the Big City these days. It's the Disney...World News Tonight. There's a new Disney World these days--Disneyrama as its called. The old Disney World in Orlando was flooded during the Deluge.

-Is The Soup in anyway related to the OTL show of the same name?

No.

-Where do the various syndicated Day Talk shows slot on the trashiness scale?

So trashy it probably violates health codes.

-Is the lack of a listing for Soaps simply because you haven't seen fit to formulate one at this time, or because the genre has died out?

The soap opera box uses a different infobox template than the others so I haven't done it.

-Is the presence of late night animation blocks an indicator that the Animation Age Ghetto no longer exists in AJND? If so, is South Park Syndrome in effect? If not, are they original cartoons or do they rerun classics? In either case, are they mostly humor toons, or are action or drama toons represented?

The late night cartoon blocks are very similar to how anime is aired in Japan today. Studios purchase a block of time on late night television, air anime for a few hours then they're done. So the networks sign off after their late night talk shows are done, the cartoon blocks sign on for a few hours. They show a wide variety of different shows, but almost all of them are adapted from various comics and novel series. CBS Animaniacs is fanservice trash, Disney Animation Showcase tries to be highbrow but generally has good animation, DuMont's Animation Domination is heavy on science fiction and action, NoitaminA on NBC likes comedy while RKO AnimeXpress is so edgy your TV will literally shoot fountains of blood.

-Does CBS Animaniacs! have anything at all to do with the beloved OTL cartoon series of similar name?

No. I just really like the name. :p

-Is Elvis Washington a Ghoulardi/Vampira-style Horror Host, or something more "normal"? If the former, how silly is he? Does he show reruns of classic or cult films, or goofy SyFyesque Originals ala Birdemic, Sharknado, etc. or what?

Yeah, he's one of the more famous Horror Hosts. He shows a mix of cult classics, but also a lot of more contemporary B films that, due to the retrofuture feel of the whole universe, feel like the old cult classics.

-Howsabout The Witching Hour?

A horror and dark science fiction themed anthology show similar to The Twilight Zone.

-Is Mercury Theatre At Midnight a worthy inheritor of the Mercury Theater name or what?

It is.

-Howsabout Ford Playhouse

Shows nothing but masterpieces.

-What kinda show is What Time Is It?

Late night sketch comedy.

-Is the Anime Xpress block on RKO in fact for Japanese cartoons, or does the word "anime" have a different meaning in AJND? If the former, why is it that RKO has an explixtly anime block?

AnimeXpress is mostly American cartoons but it does show some imports--mostly from China or Korea. Japan has gone rather hermit and isolationist so there's very little foreign exports originating from there.

Please tell me there's a congressman named Tim Tebow that they argue about. :D

Sort of ....

Commodore J.K. McNair III is widely regarded as one of the best football players from Io and is one of the most highly decorated U.S. servicemember of the 22nd century. A standout high school star, McNair did his national service in the Army for two years before returning to football for the Dante State Red Devils. After injuries claimed several upperclassmen, McNair was a starter within four games of his freshmen year and he proceeded to rewrite the record books. Across 51 college games, he threw for yards and 147 touchdowns--but he was most known for his dual-threat ability due to his unmatched size and speed. When he won his first Walter Davison Trophy his sophomore season, he became the first NCAA player to throw for 3000 yards and rush for 1500 yards. He lead the Red Devils to two BCS Io championships and became the first (and so far, only) player to win the Davison Trophy twice as the best college football player on Io. Taken sixth overall in the NFL Bactria draft by the Dry Creek Hoppers, McNair quickly established himself as one of the best quarterbacks in the game and was garnering significant attention from off-world leagues.

However, McNair's career was cutshort. Three games into the 2122 season (his fourth season as a pro), McNair's brother Clausen McNair was killed by pirates in the Belt. After sitting out Week 4 due to personal reasons, McNair left professional football behind and joined the U.S. Space Force as a Commando. Over the next 15 years, he became one of the most decorated American servicemen of the 22nd century. He was commissioned into the USSF and served several tours as a Commando in the Belt before being transferred to the Outer System as a member of Exploration Group 16. He rose quickly through the ranks and has become a significant American explorer. He has surveyed and mapped 16 hollowed asteroids and has claimed more than 160 for the United States--though the claims are dubious at best. He was awarded the Medal of Honor in 2131 by President Harlan-White for successfully rescuing several spacemen who'd been kidnapped and held hostage by natives.

McNair has been a folk hero since his high school days, when he would completely dominate opponents on the gridiron and sometimes single-handily will his teams to championships. His status as a folk hero has only grown as he explorers the furthest reaches of the Outer System. Many newspapers in the Inner System carry dispatches from him, relaying tales of adventure and hardship back home. Born and raised a black Baptist, McNair converted to Columbianism not long after his brother's death, and joined the Shields of the One-Eyed Raven, a small Germanic Columbianist sect. He has questionable racist and ulatranationalist far-right political views, and is very popular with certain members of the Democratic Party. He is a member of the Pioneer Alliance and has a frequent column in The Young Americans.

NEIUan5.png

Of course it is. Let the good times roll.
I should've expected it, but now I want more details about Sesame Street in the AJNDverse.

At the very least, I hope it has managed to maintain it's standard level of quality?

Chicago generally, which is the Big City these days.
What happened to 30 Rock, BTW? Is it gone entirely or do they keep it in some capacity, if only as a tourist attraction?

It's the Disney...World News Tonight. There's a new Disney World these days--Disneyrama as its called. The old Disney World in Orlando was flooded during the Deluge.
Is Disneyland gone too?

So what is it?

So trashy it probably violates health codes.
So they're all Jerry Springer-level freakshows? Yeesh, how did that happen?

Howsabout the rest of Day-Talk? I presume nothing has Oprah-level oomph, but I presume some people are at least trying to pretend to be respectable.

The soap opera box uses a different infobox template than the others so I haven't done it.
Ah. I am somewhat relieved. You gonna make one in the future, or are there no plans at this time?

The late night cartoon blocks are very similar to how anime is aired in Japan today. Studios purchase a block of time on late night television, air anime for a few hours then they're done. So the networks sign off after their late night talk shows are done, the cartoon blocks sign on for a few hours. They show a wide variety of different shows, but almost all of them are adapted from various comics and novel series. CBS Animaniacs is fanservice trash, Disney Animation Showcase tries to be highbrow but generally has good animation, DuMont's Animation Domination is heavy on science fiction and action, NoitaminA on NBC likes comedy while RKO AnimeXpress is so edgy your TV will literally shoot fountains of blood.
Gotcha. I presume you don't have any examples? Who has the best ratings?

No. I just really like the name. :p
Yeah, he's one of the more famous Horror Hosts. He shows a mix of cult classics, but also a lot of more contemporary B films that, due to the retrofuture feel of the whole universe, feel like the old cult classics.
OK, so what's his persona?

A horror and dark science fiction themed anthology show similar to The Twilight Zone.
Is it any good, or is it schlock?

Shows nothing but masterpieces.
Does that mean they're snobby, or that they have good taste?

Err, I'm presuming that these aren't things they're making themselves?

How would you rank the Late-Night talk shows in terms of raunch/edge, BTW?

I should've expected it, but now I want more details about Sesame Street in the AJNDverse.

At the very least, I hope it has managed to maintain it's standard level of quality?

It's very high quality since AJND America has a hard on for science and education. PBS is very well funded.

What happened to 30 Rock, BTW? Is it gone entirely or do they keep it in some capacity, if only as a tourist attraction?

It's a tourist attraction like the Athenian Acropolis or Roman Colosseum.

Is Disneyland gone too?

Was gone. Back now.

So what is it?

A talk show.

So they're all Jerry Springer-level freakshows? Yeesh, how did that happen?

It's what's popular amongst the type of people who are at home during the day.

Howsabout the rest of Day-Talk? I presume nothing has Oprah-level oomph, but I presume some people are at least trying to pretend to be respectable.

There's a few, but it's mostly local or regional people.

Ah. I am somewhat relieved. You gonna make one in the future, or are there no plans at this time?

Perhaps at some point.

Gotcha. I presume you don't have any examples? Who has the best ratings?

They don't track viewership for the late night cartoons since the airtime is all paid for and there's no ads. They instead rely on tape sales, and the Disney Animation Showcase tends to sell the best.

OK, so what's his persona?

Rockabilly mad scientist.

Is it any good, or is it schlock?

Very good, but there's some issues with executive meddling but it's rather popular.

Does that mean they're snobby, or that they have good taste?

Yes, basically. :p

Err, I'm presuming that these aren't things they're making themselves?

They make a lot themselves (PBS has a big budget), but import some from China.

How would you rank the Late-Night talk shows in terms of raunch/edge, BTW?

Cable shows tend to be rather raunchy and edge, and on broadcast stations, the later shows are a bit edgier. Bruce Huxley and Julia Katz tend to be rather tame and are the most popular.

He too has discovered the warm frisson of pleasure you get from what I always refer to as the "Jared Definition Of An Answer" too, then...

I think of it as the Patrician view of questions. Where there are questions, there must be answers. If the particular answer happens to match the particular question, then so much the better. If the answer does not match the question, well, it's still an answer, so in general terms, questions have still been answered.

Thande

Donor
I think of it as the Patrician view of questions. Where there are questions, there must be answers. If the particular answer happens to match the particular question, then so much the better. If the answer does not match the question, well, it's still an answer, so in general terms, questions have still been answered.

:D

Also, are you Voldemort or something? That's the second time I remember mentioning your name on a thread you never post on only for you to swoop in minutes later...

:D

Also, are you Voldemort or something? That's the second time I remember mentioning your name on a thread you never post on only for you to swoop in minutes later...

I browse a lot more than I post, often using the "new posts" feature. I just don't usually contribute unless I think I've got something useful to add - or if there happens to be a name I recognise from somewhere.

Thande

Donor
I browse a lot more than I post, often using the "new posts" feature. I just don't usually contribute unless I think I've got something useful to add - or if there happens to be a name I recognise from somewhere.

I see, your plausible-sounding explanation has allayed all suspicion. :)

Peachtree is the largest American city on the world of Puck. It is a quiet port city that had previously been known for its oddly anachronistic, vaguely fairy tale-esque architecture, but over the past year, it's been rocked by a serial killer and kidnapper known as the Peachtree Ripper. The Ripper is responsible for 5 known deaths and potentially responsible for several more--the only thing that links all known cases are the fact that the victims are all high school students (aged 16-18) and murdered in horrific ways. Bodies are frequently found dismembered and disembowled with the various body parts arranged in some sort of artistic fashion. Investigators also believe that a further 10 local students are victims of the Ripper, but are currently missing. Most of the victims reportedly knew each other, either as friends or as classmates, though police have not managed to link the cases to together and have not (publicly) named any persons of interests.

J9tuBQI.png

Thande

Donor
What's the purchasing power of the (federal) dollar in the present day of AJND? Just to get an idea of how much that reward is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.