Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thande

Donor
OTL British Empire/Commonwealth as of 1945 plus the United States. Only the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and "white" South Africans are allowed to vote at first, with everywhere else being somewhat autonomous "Associated States" that will gradually be incorporated into the Commonwealth proper during TTL's Civil Rights movement.

Yes, I realize that it is a huge wank. It'll probably evolve into a Global Federation at some point.

It's not that big of a wank, but it's more the sort of thing I'd expect to see in a TL where WW2 stalemates and Britain ends up facing a hostile German-dominated Europe long-term.

It's not that big of a wank, but it's more the sort of thing I'd expect to see in a TL where WW2 stalemates and Britain ends up facing a hostile German-dominated Europe long-term.
The initial premise is ASB. The "Commonwealth as of 1945" includes Great Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa, obviously, but also Nigeria, Malaysia, Kenya, and everything else, including India. This nation alone controls over a quarter of the world.

Ronald Reagan runs for a third term as Governor of California and wins by a slim majority.

(I might make a TL based off of this eventually. :))

Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 3.59.59 PM.png

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Here's something I don't think we've seen much of before:

North American Russian (Russian: североамериканский русский язык; severoamerikanskiy russkiy yazyk) is the various varieties of Russian spoken in western British America, particularly Oregon and the Canadian provinces of Alaska and Yukon. In 2011 the total number of individuals who spoke Russian as their first language was approximately 5.2 million. At the imperial level it is a recognised regional language. At the federal level in Canada it has co-official status alongside English and French, whilst in Oregon it is co-official with English. At the provincial level of government, Russian is co-official with English in Yukon and Alaska, where an estimated 79% of the population speak Russian as a first language, as well as co-official (derived from its federal legal status) in Nunavut, Ungava, and the Northwest Territories. Government services are offered in Russian at the provincial level in Athabasca, certain areas of Alberta, and to a variable extent elsewhere.

5UgRqsi.png

Basic idea here is that Russia establishes a much stronger presence than OTL in the Pacific Northwest, but they are still displaced by the British with their American territories seized during the Crimean War. However the mass exodus of Russian speakers from these territories is avoided with them granted similar language rights to the French in New France after the Seven Years' War - leading to a situation today where Russian speakers make up a sizeable portion of the population in the region.

There are also some slightly different place names - the Columbia River is called the Kolumbiya River; Baranof Island is Sitka Island; Admiralty Island is Baranov Island, and Sitka retains the Russian name of New Archangel/Novoarkhangelsk

Hail, Britannia
UK SDP leadership spill, 2004 & leadership election, 2011
Missourian federal election, 2014
Commonwealth of New England
Canadian federal election, 2011
New England federal election, 2010
American Theatre of World War I
Liberal Party of New England
Federation of India

Last edited:
The latest presidential election (or grand display of insanity, depending on who you ask) in the Power of Two universe. Surprisingly, it isn't just two parties. :p

Oh, America elects its first African-American and first female President at the same time, and also the first President from the Deep South since George Wallace.

POT2012i.PNG

Last edited:
American Public Broadcasting, better-known as APB, is the key component of the Dominion of America's soft power. With branches worldwide, APB is the quintessential American institution. Founded in the 1920s, "Uncle Abe," as it's affectionately known, grew with the growth of radio, connecting the nation together. It truly became an institution during the December Coup, when Carter Mallory, not yet PM, addressed the nation and let people know that democracy was not ended. With the advent of television, APB created such staples of television as APB Newshour, Crossfire, Carry a Tune, Countdown, and the quintessential American TV program, Agent 9, which is currently on its 52nd season.

appble.png
Prime Minister
Dominion of America
House of Lords (defunct)
Senate and House of Commons
Anglican Church of America
December Coup
(Holds up ID) Emily Bennet, Prime Minister

appble.png

Status
Not open for further replies.