Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imma just cross-post this from our TL.

nlylnc.png

Want the full backstory? Read it and find out ;).

Fixed versions of the infoboxes for For Truth and Justice:

2016:

attachment.php

Senator Kent won a landslide victory over Governor Blake, in no small part thanks to write-in campaign for Tony Stark, who had officially dropped out of the race and endorsed Kent.

Kent's first term was very successful, but despite this, he was reelected very narrowly against the Democratic candidate, Mayor Peter Parker of New York City.

attachment.php

After another successful term, Vice President Bruce Wayne appears to be the frontrunner for the Republican nomination in 2024, while the Democrats are split between Dr. Bruce Banner, Dr. Hank Pym, and Mr. Marcus Johnson.

On the subject of Virginia, I started making this earlier today but then I realized I had my dates all wrong but I was almost done so I said fuck it.

----

The 2137 Virginia gubernatorial election was, like most recent state-wide elections in Virginia, a close affair. Democrat Karen Comstock was elected in 2133 by 80,000 votes, but she was term-limited in 2137 after only a single term--not that she was likely to even be re-elected. Not long after her inauguration in 2134, the contract for state employees expired and she was responsible for overseeing new contract negotiations with the AFSE-affiliated American Federation of State , County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME). Contract negotiations with the union broke down quickly, as Comstock had wanted to reduce costs and overhead by turning over more jobs to computers and artificial intelligences. By late 2134, the Comstock administration installed new clerical AIs in the Virginia Department of Health and laid off more than 500 workers as part of a pilot program. In response, AFSCME and other AFSE-affiliated white collar unions called a strike. Governor Comstock declared it an illegal strike and attempted to fire many of the striking workers, while also trying to force a bill through the Virginia General Assembly to limit the right of state employees to strike and collectively bargain. This proved very controversial and unpopular, especially coming from a Democrat, and she also faced blow back from within her own party because this also hit AFL-CIO unions like the Brotherhood of Railway Brakemen (BRB), the Oil & Chemical Workers of America (OCWA) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) all of whom had contracts with state agencies and corporations.

With Comstock term-limited, the Democrats needed to find a new candidate. The Attorney General's office was a common stepping stone to the governor's mansion, and in fact, five the past seven governors (including Comstock) had been Attorney General, so it came as no surprise when Attorney General Deanne Ebersole threw her hat into the ring. But while Ebersole had the support of Comstock and the party establishment, she didn't have the support of party activists and union leaders who were still uneasy about Comstock (the 2135 mid-term elections as many Comstock loyalists had gone down in primaries), so Ebersole faced a stiff opponent in the form of Gerald Villanueva, the Secretary of the Virginia Transportation Sequence and the former president of the Virginia chapter of the Brotherhood of Railway Brakemen. The Democratic Party met at their state convention in mid-May in Virginia Beach. The night before the convention, several dozen delegates were either arrested for disorderly behavior or put into the hospital as supporters of Ebersole and Villanueva clashed. The convention itself proved no different, as the city was forced to call up more police officers to keep the peace. Union organizers picketed the convention hall, and speakers were often shouted down or off the stage. Due to minor candidates, no candidate received the required 50%+1 majority in the first two rounds. Things grew interesting on the third and fourth ballots when Ebersole and Villanueva (then the only two candidates left) tied with 884 votes each. Both camps then rushed people to the hospitals and jails to bring in additional delegates. After the sixth ballot, Deanne Ebersole came out on top with a final delegate count of 897-891.

The Republican nomination was likewise contentious and came down to the wire at the state convention in Richmond. 2133 nominee Braxton Chen attempted to mount a second run for the governor's mansion. Chen had spent the better part of the previous 4 years running; he was a prolific fundraiser and made frequent appearances for Republican candidates across Virginia. Like Ebersole, while Chen was backed by the party establishment, activists and the unions weren't behind him. Social progressives had long wanted to bring back alcohol and tobacco prohibition and to cut back on gambling and the state lottery, and they weren't impressed with Chen's wishy-washiness. Social progressive activists from Northern Virginia rallied around Arlington County Supervisor Clara Tripathi, who became known on the campaign trail her her quick barbs and sharp wit. Meanwhile, AFSCME membership (and AFSE as a whole) were uncertain about Chen's commitment to white collar unions. They were also upset at the party's leadership leaving them out to dry during contract negotiations. They supported Hank Stamos for governor--Stamos was an AFSCME activist and leader, and was well known to the people of Virginia for his numerous television and radio appearances. The Republican state convention was held a week after the Democratic convention, but was held in Richmond. The Republicans were far more orderly and less violent than the Democrats, and they needed three ballots to settle on a candidate. After the first round knocked out minor candidates, it was down to the big three of Stamos, Chen and Tripathi (in that order after the first two ballots). Before the third ballot, Tripathi was forced out and she gave a rousing convention speech in support of Chen, causing many of her supporters to go over to Chen and to top Stamos. Chen gained more than 50% of the vote on the final ballot.

Unions on both sides had been left out in the cold by their respective parties. AFSCME, BRB, IBEW and the Teamsters all held talks in early June to decide on their course of action. They decided to run a unified Labor slate against both the Democrats and the Republicans. They had no intention of winning, but they wanted to gain enough votes to force both parties to realize how important the unions were to them. The unions gathered in Richmond and quickly settled on Gerald Villanueva as their candidate for governor, with Hank Stamos for lieutenant governor and Teamster leader Angelique Carcetti for attorney general. They endorsed and cross-endorsed 39 candidates for the Virginia Senate and 81 candidates for the Virginia House of Delegates. The decision to split from the two big parties proved controversial, with Ebersole and Chen attacking Villaneuva as an opportunist and claiming he was only looking out for himself. Villaneuva also took a social progressive route to gain more support from northern Virginia. In the end, though, Villanueva and the Labor Party took more from the Democrats than the Republicans, and Braxton Chen won a close election over Deanne Ebersole.

gYOJpwv.png

Even in the distant space-future Virginia has a off year election with a term limited Governor.

I'm curious, what did ol' Rockwell do in AJND?

Even in the distant space-future Virginia has a off year election with a term limited Governor.

I'm curious, what did ol' Rockwell do in AJND?

I haven't figured that one out yet. But since David Duke and Lyndon LaRouche both made it into the U.S. Senate and Jim Jones became the country's most important spiritual leader, I feel like George Lincoln Rockwell needs to have done something of importance.

I haven't figured that one out yet. But since David Duke and Lyndon LaRouche both made it into the U.S. Senate and Jim Jones became the country's most important spiritual leader, I feel like George Lincoln Rockwell needs to have done something of importance.

How about a 5 term Lt. Governor who is the real power behind the scenes?

What about good ol' Roy Cohn?

The 2005 Election, based on the LibDems' peak in the polls.

u_zpso8c06bg0.png

- Howard becomes the first Conservative leader since Balfour to lose his seat.
- Both Theresa May and Jeremy Hunt lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.