Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pierre-Marie Fitzpatrick is next to Fr. Abélard Sauvageau considered one of the most iconic statesmen that Quebec has ever produced. Fitzpatrick arose to prominence when serving as Minister for National Security during the Sunset War. Though Quebec remained neutral and the war never reached North America, the job gave him the opportunity to travel around, inspect national guards and lecture on the topic of preparedness in case of a British invasion. His face soon became considered one of a reliable, trustworthy figure, and when the PPC briefly ended in opposition following their upset defeat in the 1909 election, he grabbed the leadership of himself, and was to remain leader of the Catholic Popular Party for the next two decades, serving as Prime Minister three times. No leader of the PPC has remained at the helm of the party for as long as him, which is a bit ironic, seeing Fitzpatrick was not a Catholic himself, but a member of the Reformed Presbyterian Church in Quebec, who is said to have read Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion at least once every year.

Fitzpatrick is perhaps best known for being talked into holding a referendum on making Quebec a monarchy by his longtime friend and major PPC donor Ivan Von Fersen, Jr. following the Fitzpatrick-Deschanel Affair in 1925. Following a massive victory for the pro-monarchists in the referendum in 1926, Lothaire, the youngest of Philip VII of France's sons, was duly invited and accepted to become King of Quebec, taking the throne in 1927, as the Monarchist Constitution went into effect.

Fitzpatrick retired in 1931, and died in his home in 1935.

L5EfyX1.jpg

Fitzpatrick is perhaps best known for being talked into holding a referendum on making Quebec a monarchy by his longtime friend and major PPC donor Ivan Von Fersen, Jr. following the Fitzpatrick-Deschanel Affair in 1925. Following a massive victory for the pro-monarchists in the referendum in 1926, Lothaire, the youngest of Philip VII of France's sons, was duly invited and accepted to become King of Quebec, taking the throne in 1927, as the Monarchist Constitution went into effect.

Ehehehehehehehehehehe...

Thande

Donor
I love all these apparent Swedish references in Makemakean's infoboxes that Ares finds hilarious and I have no idea what's going on. This must be how all the non Britons feel in the British politics thread :p

I love all these apparent Swedish references in Makemakean's infoboxes that Ares finds hilarious and I have no idea what's going on. This must be how all the non Britons feel in the British politics thread :p

I actually do put in references to Swedish stuff in my infoboxes (for example, in this infobox, it can be seen that Rémond's predecessor as Conseil President is a character named Benoît Montagne de l'Ouest, and well, "translate" that name into Swedish and you'll see who that's a reference to), but so far, Ares has yet to notice any of them. :p (Credit goes to Tayya who actually did notice one of them, that is the figure who serves as van der Weyden's face.)

This time Ares was just making reference to that it had been a member of the Von Fersen Family who had persuaded the Prime Minister of Quebec to go through with the referendum, as indeed, they apparently show up everywhere.

They're based on the Rockefeller and Rothschild families, about whom there are endless conspiracy theories, many involving the New World Order, the Illuminati and all sorts of things.

Part of my idea is one of course based on the question "Have those conspiracy theorists ever stopped and started wondering if maybe the Great Conspiracy wants them to notice the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds and track their every movement and investigate everything that do, while in fact they are just there to serve as a distraction from the real Plan that is going on behind their backs..."

Last edited:
1984alt_zps05imxv8z.png

In late 1983, President Ronald Reagan severely injuries himself in an exercise mishap à la Harry Reid. Shaken from the accident, he's also unable to hide the extent of his wounds from the public. Questions begin to dog the elderly President about his health. With his wife Nancy already pleading for him not to run for reelection due to her fears of another assassination attempt, Reagan reluctantly agrees to stand aside.

Mondale's superior organization and his establishment backing allows the disposal of Hart along OTL lines, although his veep pick is different thanks to Jessie Jackson's "Hymietown" gaffe being butterflied. Vice-President Bush secures his party's nomination with little trouble. He goes with Howard Baker over more conservative alternatives — and lingering grumbles from his base over the Panama Treaty — in an attempt to further appeal to moderates, while contrasting Baker's resume with Jackson's.

President Reagan, despite only serving a single term, is highly regarded by later Americans... if more as an abstract concept than for his policies. Reagan's willingness to step down is often contrasted with Richard Nixon doggedly clinging to power. His economic policies and military belligerence remains popular with the Republican Party's hardcore conservatives. Politically, however, Reagan has been eclipsed in the popular imagination by the three subsequent terms of Bush-Baker, the men who "won" the Cold War while deftly steering America through the Nervous Nineties.

In late 1983, President Ronald Reagan severely injuries himself in an exercise mishap à la Harry Reid. Shaken from the accident, he's also unable to hide the extent of his wounds from the public. Questions begin to dog the elderly President about his health. With his wife Nancy already pleading for him not to run for reelection due to her fears of another assassination attempt, Reagan reluctantly agrees to stand aside.

Mondale's superior organization and his establishment backing allows the disposal of Hart along OTL lines, although his veep pick is different thanks to Jessie Jackson's "Hymietown" gaffe being butterflied. Vice-President Bush secures his party's nomination with little trouble. He goes with Howard Baker over more conservative alternatives — and lingering grumbles from his base over the Panama Treaty — in an attempt to further appeal to moderates, while contrasting Baker's resume with Jackson's.

President Reagan, despite only serving a single term, is highly regarded by later Americans... if more as an abstract concept than for his policies. Reagan's willingness to step down is often contrasted with Richard Nixon doggedly clinging to power. His economic policies and military belligerence remains popular with the Republican Party's hardcore conservatives. Politically, however, Reagan has been eclipsed in the popular imagination by the three subsequent terms of Bush-Baker, the men who "won" the Cold War while deftly steering America through the Nervous Nineties.

Very interesting scenario! :) Neither a Reagan-screw nor a Reagan-wank, but still interesting as a one-shot scenario.

I cannot help but wonder if Mondale-Ferraro would actually win New York but lose Massachusetts, though.

I actually do put in references to Swedish stuff in my infoboxes (for example, in this infobox, it can be seen that Rémond's predecessor as Conseil President is a character named Benoît Montagne de l'Ouest, and well, "translate" that name into Swedish and you'll see who that's a reference to)

*literally fucking dies of a brain haemorrhage*

*literally fucking dies of a brain haemorrhage*

I was actually really disappointed that you didn't pick that up. I figured it was a dead giveaway.

I mean seriously, there is no way that there's actually a Frenchman or a Frenchwoman out there whose surname actually is Montagne de l'Ouest.

Still, at the end of the day, one has to realize that when one makes stuff like this, 50% (or more) of the references will be completely missed by the audience. Not because it goes over their heads or anything. They just don't know where to look, or if there actually is anything there to look for in the first place.

I'm quite convinced that to James Joyce Finnegans Wake really was the best book someone has ever written, because that essentially is a book consisting only of obscure references.

TganMu4.png

The earliest von Fersen to figure in my Strangerverse, this von Fersen, much like his much more famous son, Hans Axel, actually existed in OTL, and can arguably be said to have been something of a Swedish statesman. In both OTL and TTL he became Land Marshal of the Estate of Nobility in the 1750s, was a leader of the Hat Party, and played a role in preventing the failed revolution of 1756 from escalating to chaos (some voices in the Hat Party were behind the scenes calling for the execution of the queen and the exiling of the king).

Unlike his son, Hans Axel who (in both OTL and TTL) was a great admirer of Gustav III, Fredrik Axel never fully was comfortable with the young King's coup d'etat, and came to detest the man's increasing curtailing of the Riksdag's power and authority (again, the same is true in OTL, which is quite weird, because while Fredrik Axel eventually became a political enemy of Gustav III, his son Hans Axel remained a protege of the King's till the latter's death).

And now, for the parts that are only true in TTL:

Following the retirement of Ulrik Scheffer, von Fersen soon became the leader of the faction that was once again being called the Hat Party. Allied with the court party of members of the riksdag loyal to the King (who soon became known by the name the Crown Party), F. A. von Fersen proved an effective and frustrating leader of the Opposition to Adolf Ludvig Hamilton's Cap premiership. He was the King's (reluctant) preferred choice for the Chancery Presidency, but the ambiguous outcome of the election of 1786 were eventually to lead to von Fersen's great fall from grace. The Caps managed to get their candidate for the Speakership in the Country Assembly re-elected, and the King was uneasy about requesting Hamilton's resignation without a good pretext for saying that the Chancery President ought to do so. In order to produce this pretext, von Fersen, behind the back of the King, entered into ██████████████████ King's most hated enemy, █████, in exchange for ████████████████████████ Party's demands, █████ the balance of power in the Riksdag. With ██████████, Hamilton's fourth budget ██████████, and ████████████████████ Chancery President. However, in 1788, ███████████████, accusing ██████████, which █████ of course denied. The King, however, ████████████████████, up to the Royal Palace, ███████████████. Count von Fersen pleaded, but ███████████████, wouldn't even grant him the dignity of voluntarily ██████████, and he was ███████████████. Becoming a ██████████, he ████████████████████. Count von Fersen did however show up late at the Riksdag of █████ in 17██, after the infamous ███████████████ processes had ended and █████ had escaped, and helped ███████████████. ████████████████████████████████████████. ██████████████████████████████. ████████████████████.

Count von Fersen died in 1794 at the age of 74. Though his son, Hans Axel, would a year after his death be appointed the Swedish Minister to Columbia City, no von Fersen would rise to a cabinet office in the history of Sweden or, later on, in the Nordic Empire ever again.

Of course, they would find success elsewhere...

Count Axel Von Fersen The Elder, father of
Count Axel Von Fersen The Younger, father of
Count George Washington Von Fersen, father of
Count Ivan Von Fersen, Sr., father of
Count Ivan Von Fersen, Jr., father of
Count Richard Von Fersen, father of
Count Maxwell Von Fersen, father of
Count Nicholas Von Fersen

Decided to do more infoboxes about where people ended up in the Pathverse.

I've done Tony Garcia (Marco Rubio's analogue) and I do plan on covering all the candidates for 2016.

But for now, the middle-aged president that charmed a nation to trust his party again, all the way to his tragic end at the hands of a demented assassin.

Even today, many people remember "Handsome Joe" fondly, especially after what his vice president and successor did as president.

And his ideas of "New Republicanism", one of compassionate conservatism with a tolerant and accepting slant still holds great sway within the party.

(Yes, I retconned his first wife and daughter's deaths out. I'm not that heartless.)

Pathverse infoboxes
Tony Garcia
Joe Biden

Biden.PNG

Last edited:
4fI2EIi.png

Despite the catastrophic failure that was the Presidency of Zack Greeley, thanks to the congressional leaders seizing the moment and working together with Northern Christocrats in impeaching their president, the Anti-Tory Party was able to survive by distancing themselves from the disgraced former President. The man's subsequently escape from the United States to avoid facing charges of treason, and his retirement to an obscure, chilly little country meant that he virtually disappeared from the public eye, and the Anti-Tories could rebuild themselves, eventually having a shot at the Presidency again. Of course, they would have to accustom themselves to the constitutional reforms the Christocrats put in place to prevent another "rogue presidency".

In the modern rump United States, they're led by Rev. Piper MacDonald on the federal level who currently serves as head of government as Secretary of the Union.

Despite throughout the 19th century holding very firm anti-Catholic views (indeed, they once tried to pass a Constitutional Amendment banning Catholics from holding political office), they are generally considered liberal in their humanist policies. Of course, they do continue to receive a lukewarm welcome in the International Congress of Machinists for their not sufficiently pragmatic views on arxist policies.

---

The party is partially based on the Anti-Masonic and Whig Parties in antebellum US. The Whigs called themselves the Whigs because they perceived Jackson and the Democrats to be Tories, though ironically, their economic policies had more in common with the British Tories than the British Whigs. Thus I figured that Anti-Tory sounded a not to unreasonable a name for a party founded in 1830s US (of course, in this timeline, Andrew Jackson died in the early 1810s). If you think that "there's no way a party with such a ridiculous name could survive into modern age!" well, as recently as 1973, the Prime Minister of the Netherlands was of a party that quite literally had as their official name the Anti-Revolutionary Party.

Last edited:

Nice job there!

The party is partially based on the Anti-Masonic and Whig Parties in antebellum US. The Whigs called themselves the Whigs because they perceived Jackson and the Democrats to be Tories, though ironically, their economic policies had more in common with the British Tories than the British Whigs. Thus I figured that Anti-Tory sounded a not to unreasonable a name for a party founded in 1830s US (of course, in this timeline, Andrew Jackson died in the early 1810s). If you think that "there's no way a party with such a ridiculous name could survive into modern age!" well, as recently as 1973, the Prime Minister of the Netherlands was of a party that quite literally had as their official name the Anti-Revolutionary Party.

They could have always just stuck with the Anti-Jacksonians. And then banned anyone named "Jackson" from being a member of the party.

They could have always just stuck with the Anti-Jacksonians. And then banned anyone named "Jackson" from being a member of the party.

Well, didn't the Anti-Masonic Party once field a presidential candidate who was a freemason? ;)

"This year's nominee for the Anti-Jacksonian Party is John Jackson, who has described himself as a deep admirer of Andrew Jackson."

Inspired by a bunch of posts in the U.S Elections 2016 thread today:

I'm seriously bolting for a nice sunny seaside house in Mexico or Great Britain if Rick Scott ever becomes President of the United States; I seriously am.

I'll just quietly switch my party affiliation to the Californian Independence Party.

I'll totally move to Arkham, Massachusetts, with a stock of firearms and books on the occult.

OHoly crap you trying to give me nightmares?! :eek:

That is a disturbingly fascinating idea; as long as the words "Rick Scott" and
"running for President" are kept together only in written word and not put into the real world.

If Scott ever gets elected President; I might actually be tempted to go and see if those three Floridian nationalists actually have a point to their ideology.

I would co-sponser this party and add an open invitation to the rest of Kaiseriechs Pacific States of America

It begins...

Inspired by a bunch of posts in the U.S Elections 2016 thread today:

It begins...
A Southern conservative.
A Floridian extreme libertarian.
An eccentric anti-immigrant businessman.
Someone working for Russia Today.
A has-been Constitution candidate.
Roseanne Barr.

God help me, Barr sounds the sane choice here.

Last edited:
In this situation, would vote Green just because their ticket is ineligible (both would be under 35 in January 2017) and then drink heavily.

The 28th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, ratified April 18, 2016:

All U.S citizens at or above the age of 18 shall be eligible to be elected President and to the House and Senate.

:p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.