Alternate Wikiboxes Request Thread

Hi I'm setting up this thread so that you can request the wikiboxes you want. Just pop the request here and it may come up.

Here are a couple of requests from me to start with:
  • Chet Huntley, the news anchor, retired in 1970. It was deemed he was to enter politics (according to Walter Cronkite at the end of the CBS Evening News on the day Chet retired). Can someone do a wikibox on his political career?
  • Can someone do one for a successful Scottish TV broadcaster if they gained independence in 2014?

cn.png

A presidential election Wikibox where John Tyler gets nominated by both the Democrats and the Whigs.

Also, another one where Dwight Eisenhower gets nominated by both the Democrats and the Republicans.

Added a few twists, hope you don't mind.

To balance the grandfatherly, moderately conservative image of their candidate, the Eisenhower campaign chose the popular and charismatic young diplomat Alger Hiss as its Vice Presidential candidate. Far-right activists managed to draft two Congressmen onto the Constitution Party ticket, yet carried only two Deep Southern states. The Progressive Hallinan/Bass ticket took about 3% of the vote, while the rest is scattered between various write-ins and fringe parties. Eisenhower won in a landslide of proportions not seen since Monroe and Washington

Edit: Fixed the popular vote.

Alger Hiss is in prison in 1952.

Deleted member 40957

Alger Hiss is in prison in 1952.

Yeah, I know - in OTL. I was going for some kind of ironic twist where he wins in a landslide and only later is his VP found out to be a spy. If you want something more serious, I'll change it; who would you prefer as VP?

A presidential election Wikibox where John Tyler gets nominated by both the Democrats and the Whigs.

Also, another one where Dwight Eisenhower gets nominated by both the Democrats and the Republicans.

I saw this one before. In fact...
Well, I'm surprised the Republicans got second place, since they should be splitting off Whig votes. I'm also not sure why the Southern Democrats nominated a (understandably sympathetic) Northerner, but I'm sure the timeline helps with some of the details.

Especially given all the changes in relation to the Texii and Cuba.

Here's something I made with the idea of an Eisenhower courted, and succumbing to both parties in 1952:

IndependentIke.png

Sorry for the 2-year-old ninja, serbrcq. Yours is more realistic, especially with the state count.

IndependentIke.png

I must let you all know that I don't do wikiboxes just yet. But we still need wikibox makers to join in with requests.

Last edited: