Alternate Weimar Germany Request

JJohnson

Banned
I'm working on a map, but my skills are basic at best.

Basically, I would like to ask for help from one of our more experienced mapmakers for a slightly altered Weimar Germany.

The premise is that after WW1, the Allies ran plebiscites in each county in Alsace-Lorraine, Upper Silesia, Posen, West Prussia, Schleswig (by community), and East Prussia.

The result is:
Schleswig:

schleswig2.jpg

The red line is Schleswig-Holstein's new northern border.

Upper Silesia: loses Lublinitz, Tarnowitz, Pleß, Kattowitz, Beuthen, and Beuthen and Königshütte cities
Alsace-Lorraine: loses Metz and Chateau-Salins
Posen: keeps Schwerin, Meseritz, Bomst, Fraustadt, Lissa; Filehne, Czarnikau, Kolmar, Wirsitz, Bromberg
West Prussia: keeps Deutsch Krone, Flatow, Tuchel, Schlochau, Konitz
The above two form the new state Posen-West Prussia

West Prussia (east): keeps Graudenz, Rosenberg, Marienwerder, Stuhm, Dirschau, Marienburg, Elbing
These counties are added to East Prussia, which does not lose Soldau or Memel

Free City of Danzig: Danzig, Danziger Niederung, and Danziger Höhe counties from West Prussia

This is my attempt, but it's rough:

germany_1920_by_jjohnson1701-dbfy2hi.png

If someone were able to clean this up in PNG, perhaps in state/province outlines that would be great. Thanks in advance for your help!

(Edit: removed the parts that should be removed)

Last edited:
I am not the best with internal divisions, however I could provide a political map of this new Republik Deutschland. Would that be acceptable? I could have it done in a day or two. So the red is marking land gained/lost, if I'm putting this together correctly.

JJohnson

Banned
Hi Ivos!

Thanks! I appreciate it. I updated it here, and in this thread. I took out the parts that should be taken out, but I'm quite sure that Schleswig in Schleswig-Holstein is not the best, and doing Alsace-Lorraine by language community is a bit much for my lack of talent. The dark gray on the eastern side is the state 'Posen-Westpreußen' and Danzig is the 'Free City of Danzig' for 10 years, then it can vote whether to rejoin Germany.

If you're able to do the states and Prussian provinces, that would be great! The only changes other than that, would be to use 'Greater Berlin' (modern Berlin) and 'Greater Hamburg' (modern borders, but still including Cuxhaven near the sea). The idea is this Germany emerges after WW1, and the thread will take it where it goes from there.

Hi Ivos!

Thanks! I appreciate it. I updated it here, and in this thread. I took out the parts that should be taken out, but I'm quite sure that Schleswig in Schleswig-Holstein is not the best, and doing Alsace-Lorraine by language community is a bit much for my lack of talent. The dark gray on the eastern side is the state 'Posen-Westpreußen' and Danzig is the 'Free City of Danzig' for 10 years, then it can vote whether to rejoin Germany.

If you're able to do the states and Prussian provinces, that would be great! The only changes other than that, would be to use 'Greater Berlin' (modern Berlin) and 'Greater Hamburg' (modern borders, but still including Cuxhaven near the sea). The idea is this Germany emerges after WW1, and the thread will take it where it goes from there.
As I said, I'm not the best at actual internal divisions, however I can give it an attempt if you wish

I could be mistaken I'm fairly sure their was sort of "Bridge" of Germans connecting east Prussia to the rest of Germany in west prussia

I could be mistaken I'm fairly sure their was sort of "Bridge" of Germans connecting east Prussia to the rest of Germany in west prussia
Irl, there was not.
(One of the reasons why we got into war with Poland)

There was a "sort-of-transnational train track" between the two parts but Germany had to pay high amounts to 1. have the track on polish territory and 2.
Had to pay for every train crossing it

Irl, there was not.
(One of the reasons why we got into war with Poland)

There was a "sort-of-transnational train track" between the two parts but Germany had to pay high amounts to 1. have the track on polish territory and 2.
Had to pay for every train crossing it
I meant demographically not in terms of borders