HMCS Nova Scotia (DDG 295)
HMCS Saskatchewan (DDG 296)

Characteristics

Displacement: 8,920 tons
Length: 187 m (613 ft 6 in)
Beam: 19.4 m (63 ft 8 in)
Draft: 9 m (29 ft 7 in)

Propulsion:
4 General Electric LM2500+ gas turbines (license-built by Vektris Engineering in Red Deer, AB)
2 General Motors Model 265 turbodiesel cruise engines
2 Vektris Engineering cross-connect gearboxes
2 Escher Wyss controllable pitch propellers
4 General Motors/Western Electric 2.3 MW electric generators
2 shafts

Power Output: 180,000 shp (maximum)
Top Speed: 34.5 knots (64 km/h)
Range: 8,800 miles at 15 knots

Complement: 28 officers, 254 enlisted

Boats Carried: 2 Rigid-hull inflatable boats
Aircraft Carried: Up to 2 CH-148 Cyclone ASW helicopters

Armament:
1 Mark 54 5"/62-caliber naval gun
2 Mk 41 64-cell Vertical Launch Systems, 128 cells (can be armed with SM-2, SM-3, ESSM, Tomahawk and VL-ASROC missiles)
2 Mk 141 Harpoon Launchers (8 Harpoon anti-ship missiles)
2 Naval Defender 35mm CIWS systems
2 Mark 32 324mm (12.75") Triple Torpedo Tubes
4 M2 Browning 12.7mm machine guns

Systems:
AN/SPY-1D Multipurpose Radar
AN/SPS-67(V)2 Surface Search Radar
AN/SPS-73(V)12 Surface Search Radar
Signaal SPG-503 STIR 1.8 Fire Control Radar
AN/SQS-510 Hull-mounted variable depth sonar system
AN/SQR-501 CANTASS Passive towed array sonar
AN/SLQ-32(V)3 Electronic Warfare System

provinceclass2.gif

ferret_countergrav_raider_by_imperator_zor-d34mdp5.jpg

A DR-5 Ferret Countergrav Raider, the Commonwealth of Democratic World's Anser to the Bladewolf. Unlike the Bladewolf, it carries a 50mm grenade launcher and can not accept the same number of modifications, but does carry more ammuni

Ming777

Monthly Donor
A few things:

1. As said before, it's a little too small
2. It is dangerous to have a non-angled deck for Jet CATOBAR aircraft. You cant launch and land simultaneously in this design.
3. You are missing propulsion units.

The aircraft are the above depicted F-20bis with superfluous thrust. The propulsion is by means of 8 internal steerable thrusters or propulsors, twice the LCS2, 4 in each stern. The intent is rapid response, not campaign engagement and landings require a clear deck. It's so inexpensive to own and operate that Canada can afford it, but it's not meant to be a fleet carrier. Cost less than 3 F-35's.

I am not sure where this misplaced idea that it is impossible to operate jets from a straight deck carrier safely came from, especially when the aircraft in question are (if I understand Leo correctly) STOL capable. Straight decked carriers operated jets quite successfully during the 1950s. True, the angled flight deck came from a desire to increase the safety margin of carrier operations, allow the operation of larger aircraft, and also to increase deck storage space, but it certainly isn't a prerequisite of jet carrier ops.

Look at our current generation of 'carriers' (although they barely deserve the name truth be told). While the Harrier is V/STOL, they operate in a STOL fashion from said ships to save on fuel consumption.

Basically, I see no reason why Leo's ship wouldn't work. Not necessarily ideal, but what design is?

Ming777

Monthly Donor
I am not sure where this misplaced idea that it is impossible to operate jets from a straight deck carrier safely came from, especially when the aircraft in question are (if I understand Leo correctly) STOL capable. Straight decked carriers operated jets quite successfully during the 1950s. True, the angled flight deck came from a desire to increase the safety margin of carrier operations, allow the operation of larger aircraft, and also to increase deck storage space, but it certainly isn't a prerequisite of jet carrier ops.

Look at our current generation of 'carriers' (although they barely deserve the name truth be told). While the Harrier is V/STOL, they operate in a STOL fashion from said ships to save on fuel consumption.

Basically, I see no reason why Leo's ship wouldn't work. Not necessarily ideal, but what design is?

The thing is the airplanes in his diagram are clearly using a CATOBAR configuration. If this is a STOVL, it would not be that bad.

There is a reason there are no CATOBAR jet-carrying carrier has a straight deck. You can't have a plane taking off and another landing at the same time. It is just criminal to assume nothing can go wrong with such a design. That design is very dangerous for pilots in non STOVL aircraft.

NothingNow

Banned
Random Crap I did for NationStates:
NSType95LCorvette.png

Yes, that's just a bunch of Stretched and modified Visbys, but they look cool, and they're supposed to be a cheap and easily adapted design, hence the boring repetition. I'm thinking they need different Radar Arrays though.

M2004forNS-1.png

Behold, a Semi-modernized EM-2.

Stephen

Banned
M2004forNS-1.png

Behold, a Semi-modernized EM-2.

The sight rail is too far back where the cheek rest should be instead it should be above and forward of the pistol grip. The sight line should also be a bit higher on a bullpup, and if your using a holosight your would put the EM-2's folding forsight down.

But apart from that nice.:)