Alternate Wars: a website about “Wars that Never Were From Antiquity to Present Day”

Se
This website was created out of a desire to create a site equal to the various sites out there like Luft' 46 which show just about every design that was proposed during the war by the Germans, no matter how practical or impractical.

The Allied nations had their own designs which were just as forward thinking and advanced as the Germans – they just aren't publicized as much. Originally, my concept was to create a “ring” of websites with names like USAAF '46, RAF '46, and VVS '46. However, sanity shortly returned; and I began to think about a website simply titled www.1946.com; but sadly that was taken - www.june1946.com was the next idea.

It was at that point that I realized that if I named it something very broad, like “Alternate Wars”, I could cover not only just the planned OLYMPIC and CORONET landings against Japan, as well as the plans for WWII extending into 1946 and beyond; I could also do equipment for just about everyone, as well as cover a very broad time period, from the ultimate “Never Was” of World War I: Plan 1919 – Eight million men, 10,000 tanks and 10,000 aircraft, all aimed at Germany, to the various color-coded War Plans that the US produced for war with just about everyone.

I love minimalist retro-style sites like this. It also links to other great WWII and other war sites as well. Lots of great resources. And look, an entire community dedicated to modeling speculative vehicles: What If Modellers, and another one about the vehicles themselves: Secret Projects.

This is one of my favorite resources for OOB building, especially from a modern/post-50s perspective, and a handy guide for general military miscellanea and characteristics for programs, system quirks, and contemporary aesthetics.

One of the more interesting pages on this website is the detailed coverage (including original US Army manuals) of the wars with the Circle Trigonists, also known as Aggressor.

This was their invented antagonist. One manual gives a history of how Aggressor took control of much of western Europe in the aftermath of the war, then expanded to the Caribbean, and now was invading the United States. Others described the Aggressor armed forces; their organization, their uniforms, their ranks.

It was interesting seeing the US Army informational bulletins to Americans in Aggressor-occupied territory explaining how to resist.

This could be the basis for some interesting AH,

One of the more interesting pages on this website is the detailed coverage (including original US Army manuals) of the wars with the Circle Trigonists, also known as Aggressor.

This was their invented antagonist. One manual gives a history of how Aggressor took control of much of western Europe in the aftermath of the war, then expanded to the Caribbean, and now was invading the United States. Others described the Aggressor armed forces; their organization, their uniforms, their ranks.

It was interesting seeing the US Army informational bulletins to Americans in Aggressor-occupied territory explaining how to resist.

This could be the basis for some interesting AH,
I used bits of the Circle Trigonists for the Intervention by the European Federation in the New Confederacy in 1952.