Alternate symbols for Nationalist/Fascist Germany

I am currently in my timeline planning for a Fascist/Nationalist German puppet state for Giovinezza that adheres to fascism. Now obviously, for the flag, the Swastika won't work. I am trying to avoid using the Sun Cross, Fasces, Sig Rune, and the Wolfsangel.

Does anyone have any ideas for a new symbol that is somewhat Germanic that could by stylized for a flag?

I am currently in my timeline planning for a Fascist/Nationalist German puppet state for Giovinezza that adheres to fascism. Now obviously, for the flag, the Swastika won't work. I am trying to avoid using the Sun Cross, Fasces, Sig Rune, and the Wolfsangel.

Does anyone have any ideas for a new symbol that is somewhat Germanic that could by stylized for a flag?
I suggest this. The eagle is clean and straighty, like fascist symbols. Yes I know it is the CoA of the modern Germany.

461px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Germany.png

I would prefer something stylized and not living though. Thanks anyway. The flag I am making would call for a very stylized symbol.

Wolfpaw

Banned
Why not the Iron Cross? It had all of the militaristic connotations that far-rightists crave, and its nationalistic appeal cannot be denied.

Last edited:
Why not the Iron Cross? It had all of the militaristic connotations that far-rightists crave, and its nationalistic appeal cannot be denied.

Definitely yes, if Wolfpaw hadn't pointed it out I would have had.

The Iron Cross is THE German military symbol, commonly associated with conservative and (far-)right politics and overall German nationalism (since it was introduced as a military award in times, namely the Napoleonic Wars, were Prussia was in desperate need for money and thus a medal made from cheap iron was introduced).

Wow, this is exactly what I've been looking for. Could I use it in my European Crimson Skies TL ? (Germany is Nazi-less there, but still revanchist, far-right and harkening back to the times of the monarchy.)

could combine the Reichsadler (imperial german eagle) with the iron cross...
but really, theres not much more that could describe far rightyness and military facisim than the imperial german war flag x3

but the ealge is probaly the better bet of all of them...its still the symbol of the imperial theocracy int he dictatorship of america today

Wolfpaw

Banned
Wow, this is exactly what I've been looking for. Could I use it in my European Crimson Skies TL ? (Germany is Nazi-less there, but still revanchist, far-right and harkening back to the times of the monarchy.)
It's not really mine to give, but sure. Go crazy :)