Alternate nicknames?

What other nicknames could figures be known by?

Note: when I say nicknames, I don't mean epithets. Think "the Red Baron" rather than "Charles the Bold".

Princeps Bellum or Prince of War for Caligula. Like Caligula, it's a reference to his military background, but not as embarrassing for the guy. From a timeline where Caligula doesn't get the illness that either made him crazy or very crazy depending on who you ask, and lives at least close to his legendary father's legacy in terms of military conquests. Though as he was an ass to the senators and this doesn't seem to have been the result of his madness, there's still a good chance he'll be assassinated. Just put off for several years

Considering that Charles the Bald wasn’t even Bald, that Philip the Handsome was anything but handsome, and that Francis the “Roi chevalier” was not chivalrous at all, I’d say we could simply pick random nicknames for most monarchs.

Considering that Charles the Bald wasn’t even Bald, that Philip the Handsome was anything but handsome, and that Francis the “Roi chevalier” was not chivalrous at all, I’d say we could simply pick random nicknames for most monarchs.
I think this is the french simply liking irony. Louis 'the peaceful' XIV, louis 'the genius' XVI

I have some for English royalty mostly, but also another figure
  • Philip the Conqueror or Philip the Great: Basically what if Philip of Macedon lived? I would put my bets on him taking Persia over his son. In fact, if father and son join in battle it would probably be a better outcome for Macedon than IOTL
  • St Plantagenet: A Richard Lionheart who ends up in Jerusalem, seeing Christianity claiming the Holy City. For bonus points, have him be Richard the Martyr by dying in battle
  • Henry the Pious: A "what if Prince Arthur lived" timeline, an idea from some alt timeline I don't remember. While he is still an amorous and boisterous figure, Arthur Tudor's brother remains an ardent defender of the Catholic Church
  • John II: A possible name for a surviving Frederick, Prince of Wales if he were to assume the throne. Why John? Perhaps because of his estrangement to his father he would not pick George as his kingly name, and instead take an English-sounding name that also belongs to his family-his maternal grandfather John Frederick
  • Edward VIII: Prince Albert Victor, were he to live and assume the throne instead of perishing before his father and grandfather. Perhaps he would be more willing to take his father's name, unlike his brother. I was thinking also about being on the nose and have him pick John II, which would be fittingly scandalous if you consider the rumors surrounding John Brown. Or Victor himself, as Jack is something Johns are nicknamed and you may have heard of a certain Jack Victor was rumored to be