Alternate Leaders #1 'We're Alright'

Thanks Geordie. And thanks MB for the list and the obvious interest in this. That's very close to what I imagine the Kinnock record is, yes.

I'm hoping to make this series fairly regular, but in the immediate Noo Year it'll be time for something completely different, as we dip into the '88 presidential election...

Thanks Geordie. And thanks MB for the list and the obvious interest in this.

I'm hoping to make this series fairly regular, but in the immediate Noo Year it'll be time for something completely different, as we dip into the '88 presidential election...

Fear, Loathing and Looking Like A Twat In A Tank on the Campaign Trail '88?

I can't believe I missed this!

V-J, well done sir! I hadn't ever thought it possible someone would be able to create a political football timeline or one that I would enjoy (not being a football or sporting type).

Clearly, this can only be Al Gore winning the Democratic Nomination by Jesse Jackson not running. :p

Born to mining stock in Tredegar, Wales, a town at the head of the Sirhowy Valley, Neil Kinnock always had an unlikely claim to the destiny of high success. ...A settled, more mature and more contented Kinnock seemed to be in play than during his eighties heyday, however, and Kinnock’s public contributions on both football and politics have been both measured and limited. It is this ‘footballing elder statesman’ mode of Kinnock who now chairs government and FA commissions, and is a doyen of the football, media, and political spheres. Best Prime Minister we never had? Perhaps a matter of taste, though many football fans would say so....

I adore this timeline: one of the best single-post timelines in quite a while. Thank you.

... in the immediate Noo Year it'll be time for something completely different, as we dip into the '88 presidential election...

In the same way that every British government timeline in an ATL 1980's must at some level be informed by Yes, Minister, if you are doing an ATL US Presidential 1988 then the gods of AGH command me to remind you of Tanner '88

Fear, Loathing and Looking Like A Twat In A Tank on the Campaign Trail '88?

Something like that.

I can't believe I missed this!

V-J, well done sir! I hadn't ever thought it possible someone would be able to create a political football timeline or one that I would enjoy (not being a football or sporting type).

I could believe people missed it, hence why I took the time to reply after two weeks. And thanks for the praise sir!

Clearly, this can only be Al Gore winning the Democratic Nomination by Jesse Jackson not running. :p

Al Gore will sweep the south because Jesse Jackson stays out of the race after Bill Clinton offers him the running mate slot. That will lead to Jerry Brown winning in New York, before George Bush surges in November because Ross Perot stayed out. Ralph Nader will run, but only in Vermont, which will lead to Al Gore getting elected, but only after Nader demands that Paul V. McNutt is selected as his veep. Gore's Cabinet will exactly match Bill Clinton's OTL cabinet, except for Elizabeth Warren as Treasury Secretary.

I adore this timeline: one of the best single-post timelines in quite a while. Thank you.

Very high praise, and very flattering. Thank you.

In the same way that every British government timeline in an ATL 1980's must at some level be informed by Yes, Minister, if you are doing an ATL US Presidential 1988 then the gods of AGH command me to remind you of Tanner '88

There shall be.. references within it.

Al Gore will sweep the south because Jesse Jackson stays out of the race after Bill Clinton offers him the running mate slot. That will lead to Jerry Brown winning in New York, before George Bush surges in November because Ross Perot stayed out. Ralph Nader will run, but only in Vermont, which will lead to Al Gore getting elected, but only after Nader demands that Paul V. McNutt is selected as his veep. Gore's Cabinet will exactly match Bill Clinton's OTL cabinet, except for Elizabeth Warren as Treasury Secretary.

60% of the TL will be Corbis images, no doubt.