Alternate invasive/introduced species

I could see some coyotes being introduced to the UK as some stupid idea by foxhunting advocates to cull the red foxes.

wait, really?

The 30s were a stupid crazy time:

https://nettarkiv.npolar.no/sorpole...1-12-05-penguins-used-to-live-in-lofoten.html

They could be reintroduced to a lot of places in the circumpolar areas since muskox were driven to extinction by human activities in all but the most remote places of the Canadian Arctic.

Yeah, but in Labrador it's not a reintroduction because they never lived there as far as anyone knows. Incidentally they also tried introducing there in other areas they never were before - Iceland, Svalbard - but they died out. In Svalbard the climate was too humid apparently.

They could be introduced to Patagonia, Falklands, other southern islands and maybe even the Antarctic Peninsula. Maybe in a TL where the British or equivalent decide to invest in livestock that can defend itself from predators instead of sheep and don't resort to massacring everything that remotely resembles a wolf.

for that matter, Pleistocene rewilding in general

Incidentally, one of the most successful examples of PRW is the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. Which is notable because it was completely involuntary. They later introduced wisent and Przewalski horse in the 90s so the place just needs the aurochs to be back in the early Holocene. Saw once a crazy Ukrainian's website who clamored for leopards, tigers, rhinos and elephants.

I remember water buffaloes have been suggested for reintroduction in European wetlands. They could have been introduced for farming in Africa and the Americas, as well, as they have in Australia.

Perhaps the Iberian lynx is introduced to Australia after seeing how much they rely on the European rabbit as a prey item?

MatthewB

Banned
Triffids.

397px-Triffid_sign_kloof_sa.jpg

Scary AF when I was a young boy.

Perhaps the Iberian lynx is introduced to Australia after seeing how much they rely on the European rabbit as a prey item?
that's what they thought about the foxes... and what happened was that the foxes ended up going after the comparatively defenseless native Aussie wildlife instead of the rabbits. I imagine lynxes would do the same thing...

that's what they thought about the foxes... and what happened was that the foxes ended up going after the comparatively defenseless native Aussie wildlife instead of the rabbits. I imagine lynxes would do the same thing...
I know. Didn't say it would actually work.