Social Credit!

The problem with social credit as an ideology is that the original ideas made too much sense, it was either going to turn into a mundane uncontroversial government program, as what happened with social security, or be hijacked by an existing unrelated ideology, which is what happened with right-wing populism and social credit.

Another one: neo-feudalism. "Neo-feudalism" when used today is mostly as a perjorative for what in fact is corporatism, I mean something more consistent with the ideas of Chesterton and Belloc.

Social Credit!

The problem with social credit as an ideology is that the original ideas made too much sense, it was either going to turn into a mundane uncontroversial government program, as what happened with social security, or be hijacked by an existing unrelated ideology, which is what happened with right-wing populism and social credit.

Another one: neo-feudalism. "Neo-feudalism" when used today is mostly as a perjorative for what in fact is corporatism, I mean something more consistent with the ideas of Chesterton and Belloc.
Social Credit has an entry on the "Guide to Obscure Ideologies" thread, this one is aimed squarely at purely fictional ones

Last edited:
Brutism: Inspired by the Assassination of Julius Casear, the ideology teaches that it is the right and duty of the people to dispose of tyrants and despots, regardless of how they have used their power. It also places emphasis on limiting the overall power of the military, maintaining only the bare minimum necessary to defend the borders of the nation and its people, from both armies and foreign occupation. This ideology was formed in Germany in the years following the defeat of the Nazi regime, and placed emphasis on the idea of freeing the German people from the "military tyranny" of the west, and the despotism of the east.
Already a thing, under the name anarcho-homicidalism, which really says it all.
Here are some more ideologies, some of which are from other sites but interesting enough:
The monotheistic Hephaestus cult idea was mine, posted on spacebattles last may.

Last edited:
Nomadism, Bohemianism & Ultraradical Centrism
Nomadism: The belief that humanity went wrong when we began to practice permanent agriculture, and everybody should return to living as hunter-gatherers or herdsmen.

Bohemianism: The belief that the government should encourage people to be as avant-garde in their personal lives as possible.

Ultraradical Centrism: The belief that an authoritarian government with extensive censorshsip powers is needed to overcome political divisions.

Nomadism: The belief that humanity went wrong when we began to practice permanent agriculture, and everybody should return to living as hunter-gatherers or herdsmen.
That's just Anarcho-Primitivism.
Ultraradical Centrism: The belief that an authoritarian government with extensive censorshsip powers is needed to overcome political divisions.
I mean, isn't "uniting a divided country" pretty much the argument every nationalistic dictator uses to justify their rule? This really doesn't seem that different from the norm.

I mean, isn't "uniting a divided country" pretty much the argument every nationalistic dictator uses to justify their rule? This really doesn't seem that different from the norm.

I was thinking more of the Americans Elect/No Labels crowd deciding the only solution to partisanship is exiling cable news anchors to Alaska.

Well, it only claims to be against agriculture, so maybe they could try to create a technologically advanced pastoral society. Not that it would work...
Spacefaring hunter-gatherers would be epic. Finding some wild plants to gather would be a challenge, but one that I'm sure a writer could overcome, with a bit of handwaving if need be.

Automatism
Automatism: An ideology that views humans (at least as they are now) as inherently given to bigotry and prejudice, with the solution being to create a government and society that can act automatically and autonomously (hence the name) of human mental involvement. Careers are decided through rigorous adherence to meritocratic exams that slot each person into where they can best serve as a cog in the machinery of society. Those that test into the highest positions of society are tasked with interpreting and applying the legal code literally, often without seeing who their policies are affecting. For example, a judge in an automatic court would only communicate with someone accused of a crime through written memos that would be edited to ensure that no information about race, ethnicity, gender or religion could sway the judge when they proclaimed the punishment.

On a broader scale, automatic societies will create fairness between provinces by periodically redrawing them so that all provinces have the same population and when possible adhere to longitude and and latitude lines for boundaries.

1599189856323.png

Esoteric Ochlocracy: The belief that large crowds are imbued with a form of spiritual wisdom, and that consequently important state decisions should be made through unorganized mass assemblies.
I believe this may be the most terrifying thing I've ever read :p
To quote Agent K... "A person is smart. People are dumb panicky dangerous animals..." ;)

Apocrytocracy
Apocrytocracy: The belief that no matter what form of government exists as "window dressing", that all matters of real import are in fact determined by a small and secretive coterie of long-serving civil service professionals and high-ranking military personnel, along with a select few individuals from the "private sector" with expertise, intelligence and/or insight, whose ranks seldom change no matter what the latest election results are - and that all in all, it's probably a good thing ;)