Alternate History Idea-Independent Scottish Caledonia

(A more outlandish idea of mine)

What if in alternate timeline, the Kingdom of Scotland colony in Panama was Successful, fighting of the Spanish, English and keeping a steady supply, until it becomes self-efficient. This however still doesn’t save Scotland from the Act of Union of 1707. Instead, Caledonia becomes a independent country:

(There are three outcomes for this country government:
  1. The Republic of Caledonia-(head of state: Protector)
  2. The Kingdom of Caledonia (head of state-King-Stuart relative flees there and becomes king, or a random Scottish noble family)
  3. The Scottish Loyalist state of Caledonia (head of state- hereditary dictator- Scottish noble flees there and declares loyalty to the Stuarts)

How is the Darien Scheme going to succeed? Why would this not save Scotland from the Act of Union? The Act of Union's biggest contributor was the fact that the Scots were bankrupt as a result of the failed colonial venture, at least as I understand it. Additionally, how are the Scots in Panama going to deal with disease, the biggest killer of Europeans in the tropics?

If by some miracle the scheme succeeds, and by a further miracle the Scots still wind up becoming part of the UK, by what miracle is the Scottish colonial authority in Panama going to decide independence is better than still being a Scottish colony, but within the United Kingdom?

How is the Darien Scheme going to succeed? Why would this not save Scotland from the Act of Union? The Act of Union's biggest contributor was the fact that the Scots were bankrupt as a result of the failed colonial venture, at least as I understand it. Additionally, how are the Scots in Panama going to deal with disease, the biggest killer of Europeans in the tropics?

If by some miracle the scheme succeeds, and by a further miracle the Scots still wind up becoming part of the UK, by what miracle is the Scottish colonial authority in Panama going to decide independence is better than still being a Scottish colony, but within the United Kingdom?

Yeah, kinda one of my more outlandish Alternate History Countries...

Updated timeline
I did some research and made a small timeline, it may sound Outlandish though:

In the alternate scenerio, everything goes right for Caledonia. There is no hurricane, and supply ships arrive as expected, there is still disease, but there are more Scottish colonists coming to the colony to replace those that died. The Spanish does attack, but the Scottish Colonists are able to repulse these attackers, and expands to the pacific.

However, this doesn’t save Scotland from the Act of Union in 1707, because it putting so much effort into keeping this Colony thriving. The Act still passes, and Scotland and Caledonia becomes part of Great Britain. The Scottish Caledonians are okay with this, until the acension of George I, who replaces the Scottish Stuart Dynasty. This causes a large group of Jacobism to spread in Caledonia, which eventually leads to a large open Revolt. The British respond to this by sending the Millitary, but the Caledonians use Jungle Guerrilla Warfare, and are supplied by the French, who see the strategic Trade position of Caledonia.

After an unsuccessful response to suppress the Jacobite Caledonians, the British give up, and focus on their other Colonies.

The Republic of Caledonia is declared independent from Britain, with a Lord Protector, and declares loyalty to the Stuart, and after a nearly decade of Negations, James Francis Edward, with his son, Charles, was to become the New head of Caledonia

In the later 1720s, James Francis Edward arrives in Caledonia and is becomes James I of Caledonia. With the Strategic position of Caledonia, it is able to trade with Asia, Europe, Africa and the Caribbean.

That's very interesting. Although, I highly doubt Spain and/or France allows them to be independent. Rather, they might continue to keep the Stuarts as a court curiosity, although I could probably see this helping to keep the Stuarts more relevant, especially if they can use this as some form of revenue/manpower stream. If the Stuarts are taken more seriously by the French maybe they'll help them invade Scotland.

I could also see it attracting Catholic immigrants from Scotland and Ireland. It could be a Spanish Quebec, Scottish authority and language under Spanish suzereinity.