Alternate History Games

What are some good alternate history games? Not ones with alternate history as their storyline, like mortyr but games where you can change history, like hearts of iron, victoria, europa universallis etc

Civilization 3: Conquests, one of the expansions for Civilization 3 has nine scenerios where you can change history. One of them is WW2 in the Pacfic where you can play as Japan. The other 8 also have good alternate history material in them.

Time agents

There is also an alternative history game (which plays in the future) called "time agents" from "timjim games" (). This is a game where players play an alien race (or the humans) and try to change the past to their liking. These changes are direct translated in more or less rescourses. The game ends if the time travel device can't be invented.

Michael said:
What are some good alternate history games? Not ones with alternate history as their storyline, like mortyr but games where you can change history, like hearts of iron, victoria, europa universallis etc

Sid Meier's Gettysburg is a good one. The concluding segment of the Confederate game is highly entertaining...you get to listen and watch as General Meade surrenders to General Lee. Very cool. :D

I'm surprised no one said Iron Storm; I mean, it's absolutely preposterous, but it is about a World War I that has been raging for 20 years. An FPS game, to boot.

The Operational Art of War game have some AH scenarios like Cuba 62(a US invasion of Cuba), a 1969 Sino-Soviet war and 1969 US invasion of North Vietnam for example. You can also download other scenarios for the game from the net.

Been lurking on this forum awhile, might as well post. One of the best AH games I have is "Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space". You can play America or Soviet Union in the space race. There are many spacecraft programs you can choose to go to the moon. One time I was able to land the Soviets on the moon in 1967.
Even though the game is over ten years old and the graphics are not that hot, it is a great game to play.

SM

BATTLEGAME ARMADA

Back in 1990, there was a combined game/book called BATTLEGAME ARMADA, which contained both factual info on the 1588 Spanish Armada campaign, and a boardgame whereby players could refight King Philip II's attempted invasion of England. There was on the back cover a bit of AH reference, with a fictional note simulating that the Spaniards had successfully won and landed in England, with Drake and the other English leaders executed. I played the game a few times with my brother at the time, while we were still both in primary school. It was quite good, listing all the major fleets and armies on both sides and having a good movement scale based on throwing dice to determine wind direction etc.

America was so easy to destroy, thanks to my unit editor. Hey if the germans are able to invade england, obviously asbs would be involved :D

Michael said:

Paradox games are awesome! Anyway, I have one to add: Civil War Generals 2, an old game from sierra. You play as either side in the ACW in either short campaigns or the entire war-campaigns consist of a series of battles. Depending on how you do in each battle (Major victory, minor victory...) you advance to either the historical battle or ahistorical battles, including 3 possible battles at Washington DC, depending on the time in the war.

Haven't played it in a while, but it was cool. Too bad they cancelled the sequel. Do you post on the paradox boards?