Alternate History Combat Aircraft

And there is the SS runes as I would expect
The SS did try to get their own air units near the end of the war and if they had I imagine it's possible the SS runes would have been painted on their aircraft, the real question is where on the the planes they would've been painted on.

Pangur

Donor
The SS did try to get their own air units near the end of the war and if they had I imagine it's possible the SS runes would have been painted on their aircraft, the real question is where on the the planes they would've been painted on.
I was wondering the very same thing. There are not that many options, replace the swastika or may be the cross

I would imagine that SS replacing the air force Balkenkreutz with their double runes, just to signal to 'Fat Herman' Goering that HE has absolutely no say over them.

I recall I once made a post about a Waffen-SS aircraft that used a SS viking cross instead of the Luftwaffe cross because it operated alongside the Waffen-SS tanks and therefore definitely did NOT fall under Luftwaffe jurisdiction.https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/alternate-history-combat-aircraft.457446/post-21430413

Last edited:
Well, in two different comics:

Luftwaffe 1946 by Ted Nomura
page_21.jpg

Wunderwaffen
page_43.jpg

either all back with white SS symbols

wunderwaffen_tome_16_page_09_by_sport16ing_den6lo5-fullview.jpg

or black SS in the camouflage

Well, in two different comics:

Luftwaffe 1946 by Ted Nomura
View attachment 870114

Wunderwaffen

either all back with white SS symbols

or black SS in the camouflage
I have that comic (the black and white one) and the SS officer in the last panel is upset because one of the female pilots (the non blonde one) had the swastika painted off her rudder.
Good comic.

Messerschmitt Me-109S
Me-109S.png

Me-109S of SS Luftsturm Jasta III "Heydrich" serving on the Spanish/Gibraltar front August 1945.

Last edited:
ISOT Fokker Dr.1
@ Fokker Dr.I-w-D.VII tail & D.VIII engine-Oberursel UR.II 9-MG-17-Hs-123-prop+$=.png

Upgraded Fokker Dr.I with Fokker D.VII tail, D.VIII engine an Oberursel UR.II 9, MG-17 machine gun and propeller from a Henschel Hs-123.
So more powerful engine, bigger vertical stabilizer, faster firing and more reliable machine gun and more advanced designed propeller.

Would this fighter rule the skies in 1917? definitely would in 1916 or earlier.

ISOT Fokker Dr.1
View attachment 870170
Upgraded Fokker Dr.I with Fokker D.VII tail, D.VIII engine an Oberursel UR.II 9, MG-17 machine gun and propeller from a Henschel Hs-123.
So more powerful engine, bigger vertical stabilizer, faster firing and more reliable machine gun and more advanced designed propeller.

Really on a roll Cortz!

Depends on if it's able to be supplied with proper castor oil, or if it's stuck using the German attempts to synthesize a substitute (all of which were uniformly terrible). A better option would honestly be a swap to a non-rotary engine and upgrading the elevators - yes, you lose out on the torque effects from the rotary, but that's not inherently a bad thing when it makes the aircraft easier to fly, and you also don't have to deal with the unpleasantness of castor oil or synthetic alternatives thereof.