Alternate Highway Signs Thread

Northwood

This is a fun thread. I live in Northwood Ohio. I visited Hamilton Ontario. When I said I was from Northwood People thought I meet Northwood Ontario. It is north not south of Hamilton.

Giving this thread a bump with a highway border sign from a TL in which PEI retains its original name:

STJ.png

From the Ten Peaks Union Park.
Inspired by Aozhouhuaren.

It reads approximately:

Please mind the wildlife.
(Picture of man running in terror from mastadon)
By order of the Union Park Service

in Chinese (Should actually be Romanji Japanese but I didn't realize until after it was done.), Icelandic (ITTL Kalmar-standard Norse) and Latin.

MWarning.png

Nice thread idea, but I can't think of any British ones that are stranger than the ones we have in real life (where else is lowercase "m" an abbreviation for miles and there are 3-2-1 counters every hundred yards to remind you of the exit that the last three signs told you about?) Personally I think we just like putting up unnecessary signs for people to crash into. It's probably Al Gore's fault, or something.

Oh, the 3-2-1 counters ARE ubiquitous. And I never thought that they were redundant. It reminds people of preparing for exit.

This one's real, albeit graffitoed;

n1439208947_445984_1976679.jpg

From the railway station near my house. Best thing is I've lived here about 10 years and there's never anything close to ice on the steps

You'll have to pardon the low res, it's the best (i.e only real flat on picture, others were at an angle) I could find. A Harry Turtledove TL-191 sign? No, just what very nearly happened historically to the area where I currently live.

sequoia.jpg

Notice I tried to match the discolouration and crappy quality. Kinda worked :)

You'll have to pardon the low res, it's the best (i.e only real flat on picture, others were at an angle) I could find. A Harry Turtledove TL-191 sign? No, just what very nearly happened historically to the area where I currently live.

sequoia.jpg

Notice I tried to match the discolouration and crappy quality. Kinda worked :)

This picture also dates the sign to sometime after 1962. Prior to the C.S. English Spelling Reformation Act of 1962, the state's name was rendered as "Sequoyah".

TTL's Boston is at least as big, if not bigger than IOTL, as it is a national capital.

And the CoA is that of the Boston family, from which the city's namesake takes its name. ITTL, it's used as the city's CoA.

I find it a bit strange that you'd want to have English-style road signs in New England. Would an ATL New England Commonwealth Realm drive on the left?

Actually, people in OTL Boston drive on the left. That's not because they're English. :rolleyes:

VT45

Banned
I hope this is an acceptable bump, for two reasons.

1. I started the thread.
2. I'm submitting new content.

I've been working on a series of road signs for an independent New England recently, starting with the warning signs. I much prefer the European style road signs, so that's what I based them off of. These are so far just warning signs but I wanna eventually come up with more than just that. Run the whole gamut of signage you'd see on a New England road.

Album is here.

And just to give a small taste, here are some of the ones I'm most proud of:
E0xrHJA.png

watiPxr.png

JH5SAJJ.png