Alternate General Motors Vehicle Lineup (1980-Present)

Cadillac-Voyage_Concept_1988_1600x1200_wallpaper_02.jpg

LARGE: Deville
An all new Deville debuts for 1991. It is heavily based on the 1988 Cadillac Voyage concept. It gives GM another COTY.
THe new '91 Nash Metropolitan.:eek::eek:

1991 Trucks, SUV'S, and Vans
CAR TRUCK: Chevrolet El Camino
The El Camino name returns for 91' after it was called the Camaro XT-2 for a year.

SMALL TRUCK: Chevrolet S10/GMC Sonoma

TRUCK: Chevrolet C/K/GMC Sierra

SMALL SUV: Chevrolet Tracker

1st_Gen_Chevy_S-10_Blazer_4-Door.jpg

MIDSIZE SUV: Chevrolet Blazer/GMC Jimmy
GM's Midsize SUV'S get 4 door versions to compete with Ford's new Explorer.
1996-chevrolet-tahoe-4.jpg

LARGE SUV: Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon
Both gain 4 door models.

SMALL VAN: Chevrolet Astro/GMC Safari

VAN: Chevrolet Van/ GMC Vandura

New GM Dealership Model
With the withdrawal of Buick, GM has reformulated their dealership model. Chevrolet will be their own dealerships as they currently were. Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and GMC will all be sold together, and Cadillac will have their own dealerships. Previously Oldsmobile had been sold with Cadillac but Pontiac dealers needed another car brand to sell as GMC sales were far below that of Olds and Pontiac.

1992 Trucks, SUV'S and Vans
CAR TRUCK: Chevrolet El Camino

gmc_syclone_1.jpeg

SMALL TRUCK: Chevrolet S10/ GMC Sonoma
GMC introduces a limited run truck called the Syclone.

TRUCK: Chevrolet C/K 10/GMC Sierra

SMALL SUV: Chevrolet Tracker

621722-870-0.jpg

MIDSIZE SUV: Chevrolet Blazer/GMC Jimmy
GMC also introduces a limited run SUV called the Typhoon.

LARGE SUV: Chevrolet Tahoe/ Suburban/GMC Yukon/ Yosemite
The GMC badged Suburban is renamed the Yosemite

SMALL VAN: Chevrolet Astro/GMC Safari

VAN: Chevrolet Van/GMC Vandura

The Syclone and Typhoon live! :cool: Great work so far man. :)

Quick question on a bunch of these: Are they mechanically identical to their OTL counterparts? The 1993 Seville and Eldorado were some of the first uses of the Cadillac Northstar System, and I assume that is also true here, but are these card still front wheel drive as OTL, or are the platforms different?

And also, the Oldsmobile Aurora, is it still on the way? By now the Olds 88 is the old man of GM prestige cars and Oldsmobile is gonna want to continue to leverage the style advantages created by the Anthem.

The Syclone and Typhoon live! :cool: Great work so far man. :)

Quick question on a bunch of these: Are they mechanically identical to their OTL counterparts? The 1993 Seville and Eldorado were some of the first uses of the Cadillac Northstar System, and I assume that is also true here, but are these card still front wheel drive as OTL, or are the platforms different?

And also, the Oldsmobile Aurora, is it still on the way? By now the Olds 88 is the old man of GM prestige cars and Oldsmobile is gonna want to continue to leverage the style advantages created by the Anthem.
1. Yes they are the same.
2. I'm not saying anything about Olds.
3. You ever read my nascar timeline?

1. Yes they are the same.
2. I'm not saying anything about Olds.
3. You ever read my nascar timeline?

1) Alrighty then. I was kinda hoping for different platforms but those work. :)

2) I guess I'll just have to wait and see then.

3) I have but I've never been a NASCAR fan. I was always more into Indycars and IMSA myself. :cool:

1993 Chevrolet Lineup
SUBCOMPACT: Metro

COMPACT: Cavalier

SMALL: Chevelle

MIDSIZE: Malibu/Monte Carlo

LARGE: Caprice

1992-corvette-sting-ray-concept-side-view.jpg

SPORTS: Camaro/Corvette
An all new Corvette debuts for 93'. It is heavily based on the 1992 concept.

MINIVAN: Lumina

Last edited:
1993 Oldsmobile Lineup: A New Oldsmobile for the Future
SMALL: Anthem

MIDSIZE: Cutlass Supreme
A new Cutlass comes next year.

LARGE: 88

19286595.jpg

SPORTS: Aurora
Olds debuts the replacement for the 98. Instead of a large, boring sedan, they create a new sports sedan with a V8 engine. It gets GM another Motor Trend COTY.

18j4p3odlkrtqjpg.jpg

COUPE: Aurora Coupe.
Olds also replaces the Toronado with a new coupe. They also enter it in sports car racing.

1990-Oldsmobile-Expression-concept-df2.jpg

MPV: Expression
Olds replaces their minivan with a 7-passenger MPV to make them more upscale compared to Chevy and Pontiac. As a bonus, Oldsmobile gave away Super Nintendos for a limited time.

Olds even unveils a new logo to show the complete change of the brand. With Buick gone, Olds no longer has a stablemate to hold them back. They can now be GM's premium brand for the 21st century.

Last edited: