Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the map; how did you get a color other than Red, Blue, Gold or Gray to represent an inserted party?
I go to 270towin.com and click "historical elections" and chose, from there i selected "interactive map" at the bottom there should be a list of candidates with colors assigned to them. simply change their name to suit your needs and youre golden.

Asami

Banned
I was perusing the 270towin website and I saw they have a 2016 simulator. I let it run and... BLUE TEXAS!?

chRl81T.png

jwwfs2xv.jpg

If current trends hold, this may be the electoral map in the near future. I'd say this is about 2052.
How many times are the democrats and republicans gonna flip demographics smh

Also, the democrats would get an almost guaranteed 261 electoral votes each election, assuming the numbers stay the same

So rip republicans

Last edited:
Better McGovern campaign
genusmap.php

President Richard Nixon/Spiro Agnew-Republican: 486 EV 54.67%
George McGovern/Kevin White-Democratic: 52 EV 43.52%

McGovern wins the California primary by more and rebuts Humphrey's attacks, he picks Kevin White, not Eagleton, and has a better convention(the 'best speech of his life' is not at 2am) and he generally runs a more effective campaign. As he is still too far left and Nixon is too popular, plus the broader weaknesses of liberals and Democrats in 1972, he still loses but does more respectably.

I was perusing the 270towin website and I saw they have a 2016 simulator. I let it run and... BLUE TEXAS!?

chRl81T.png

The problem with their simulator is it assumes states acts independently of each other, not the reality that national trends generally result in overall trends at the state level too. This leads to weird and implausible results.

J1guP33.jpg

New York as a battleground state. this may happen at some point in the future if Republicans keep going after the Rust Belt and Democrats keep going after the sun belt, as seen in the 2052 map I posted.

How would the dems even be able to win the sun belt states without either a major shift in policy or a major shift in sun belt demography? Someone should make a TL about this..

A strong right-wing third party is probably the only way a Democrat could win by such a huge margin in 2020.
At most, McMullin would probably only win Utah if Trump was to do so bad. Also, I don't think someone who said they'd like Republicans to donate their bodies to science so they could be dissected is someone who would do this good.

hbHmXzm.jpg

Two things cause this county map in the future:

1; Minorities become universally Democratic across the board (which is why some extremely GOP counties in Texas flip - they're currently plurality or majority Hispanic)

2; Republicans become socially moderate-to-liberal, economically center-right, and protectionist on trade.

Two things cause this county map in the future:

1; Minorities become universally Democratic across the board (which is why some extremely GOP counties in Texas flip - they're currently plurality or majority Hispanic)

2; Republicans become socially moderate-to-liberal, economically center-right, and protectionist on trade.

With the Republicans losing their social conservatism I'm surprised more counties in Oregon and Colorado don't flip red.

With the Republicans losing their social conservatism I'm surprised more counties in Oregon and Colorado don't flip red.

This is because I tried to balance out the GOP's gains among moderates and socially liberal/fiscally conservative voters with their losses among minorities. most of those counties in Oregon and Colorado are quite diverse.

This is because I tried to balance out the GOP's gains among moderates and socially liberal/fiscally conservative voters with their losses among minorities. most of those counties in Oregon and Colorado are quite diverse.

Not arguing too much but I'm sure Lane County is 90% white? Though I could be wrong, and in all likelihood there'll be demographic changes between now and then.

In such a situation might the Democrats become more socially conservative, especially if they're trying to attract minority votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.