Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dewey victory 1944
There is a 2.6% swing from Roosevelt to Dewey, so all states Roosevelt won by less than 5.2% are won by Dewey.
genusmap.php

Tom Dewey/John Bricker-Republican: 281 EV 48.49%
Franklin Delano Roosevelt/Harry Truman-Democratic: 250 EV 50.79%

Here is an electoral map of the 2016 election, if you took out the top two vote getters from both the general and the primaries. The remaining candidates were then compared based on their raw vote totals, resulting in a plurality, yet not a victory, for Gary Johnson. For the full infobox write up check here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...a-infoboxes-iii.384720/page-476#post-13716715
2016_without_trump__clinton__cruz__or_bernie_by_moralisticcommunist-daqkubi.png

The resulting electoral vote totals:
Gary Johnson - 228
John Kasich - 162
Marco Rubio - 138
Evan McMullin - 10

What if the Democrats decided that they needed a working-class woman who governed a red state to stop Donald Trump?

genusmap.php

Governor Sarah Palin (D-AK)/Governor Steve Bullock (D-MT): 307 EV, 41.8%
President Donald Trump (R-NY)/Governor Chris Christie (R-NJ): 197 EV, 30.7%

Senator Cory Booker (I-NJ)/Businessman Mark Cuban (I-TX): 28 EV, 8.7%
Businesswoman Mindy Finn (I-TX)/Governor Jon Huntsman (I-UT): 6 EV, 5.8%
Governor Jesse Ventura (L-MN)/Activist Austin Petersen (L-MO): 0 EV, 11.4%

Not really, they look pretty blue to me. ;)

They're pretty red on your map. :p

---

I think your map shows perfectly well the problem with gerrymandering. Those who it is done in favour of usually only hold seats by slender margins - look at the Democrats in Alabama, they held 3-4 seats, and then lost all but one without much effort.

I think your map shows perfectly well the problem with gerrymandering. Those who it is done in favour of usually only hold seats by slender margins - look at the Democrats in Alabama, they held 3-4 seats, and then lost all but one without much effort.
Agreed. My gerrymander [the best gerrymander ever, I'm great at gerrymandering!] would definitely be a Republican sweep if the dominos all fell.

I'm mainly relying on there being so much things that need to get just right for all the dominos to fall there, really.

They're pretty red on your map. :p

---

Which is probably why the Republican "Revolution" happened the way it did - all the Southern Democrat legislatures gerrymandered the living shit out of their states to keep as many districts as possible through 1992, then the GOP actually tried to campaign in a midterm for once, and all the dominoes fell.

So, I tried to gerrymander in a way that would give Trump every state but DC, turns out it is impossible, and the balancing of the big coastal cities makes for absolutely ridiculous states:

K8dngmt.png

May I present you the 4 states of the Union: Trans-Mississippi (Plus Alaska and Hawaii), Cis-Mississippi, Geoalabarida, and Miami-Dade.

So, I tried to gerrymander in a way that would give Trump every state but DC, turns out it is impossible, and the balancing of the big coastal cities makes for absolutely ridiculous states:

K8dngmt.png

May I present you the 4 states of the Union: Trans-Mississippi (Plus Alaska and Hawaii), Cis-Mississippi, Geoalabarida, and Miami-Dade.
Miami might just as well secede from the union at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.