Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't work in Chrome. Click the "Install Silverlight" button, install Silverlight, and use IE. I didn't try Edge, but since both are a Microsoft product I expect it to work.
I installed Silverlight to no avail. Maybe I'll try it with Edge again.

Demographic-trends-punk averages to create a more balanced election:

4bpl5a8.png

upload_2016-10-22_20-51-13.png

The Dying of the Light's 2056 election
Silvestre Lyon/Harriet Howlin (Progressive): 42.6%
Tonie Luther/Bobbi Baker (Democratic Labor-"Constitutional" Progressive fusion): 37.4%
Will Ryan/Rob Sessions (Republican): 16.0%

President Lyon announced that he was indeed running for a fourth term, justifying it as the country needing stability after the Zombie Apocalypse finished three years ago. Many expressed concern about Lyon's health, but he shrugged it off, saying "I'll be fine". The youthful Harriet Howlin, Senator from Illinois, was chosen as his veep.

The "anti-fourth-term" alliance between Democrats and Constitutional Progressives resulted in a fusion ticket of Governor Tonie Luther of Missouri and Senator Bobbi Baker of West Virginia. There was also the far-right Republican ticket of Representative Will Ryan and activist Rob Sessions, but they never broke outside of their 15-20% "niche" in the polls and the real competition was between the Progressives and the Fusionists, where the President won, but by a surprisngly narrow margin.

Last edited:
Damn, MA is hard. I started by loosely basing the original districts and working from there, but that proved to hamper things down the road where it was only possible to make marginally Democratic districts. Chunking Boston/solidly Dem cities and ripping off entire coastlines worked well in it's sheer ridiculousness, but it wasn't nearly enough to make any district that wasn't beyond +4 or +5 D, say nothing about anything actually Republican. Taking a break from it right now, but I may start from scratch to see if that helps me at all.

Edit: Actually wait, I might be looking at the wrong thing to determine PVI....

Last edited:
genusmap.php

A very tired idea, but

Pres. Tim Pawlenty (Democratic-MN) / VP. Susan Collins (Democratic-ME) 36.9% 271 Electoral votes
Rep. Linda Sanchez (Progressive-CA) / Rep. Niki Tsongas (Progressive-MA) 30.4% 199 Electoral votes
Fmr. Rep Tom Tancredo (Know Nothing-CO) / Rep. Virgil Goode (Know Nothing-VA) 12.6% 1 Electoral Vote[1]

Gov. Lincoln Chafee (Whig Left-RI) / Gov. Peter Shumlin (Whig Left-VT) 7.9% 15 Electoral votes
Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (Silver-ND) / Rep. Adam Schiff (Silver-CA) 4.7% 48 Electoral votes

Gov. Neil Abercrombie (Missionary-HI) / Various 0.6% 2 Electoral votes
Dennis "Bumpy" Kanahele (Makou-HI) / Various 0.6% 2 Electoral votes[2]

[1] A faithless elector in Virginia cast their vote for the Know Nothing Party.
[2] Hawaii's electors ended up being split along ethnic lines, to say the least.

A very tired idea, but

Pres. Tim Pawlenty (Democratic-MN) / VP. Susan Collins (Democratic-ME) 36.9% 271 Electoral votes
Rep. Linda Sanchez (Progressive-CA) / Rep. Niki Tsongas (Progressive-MA) 30.4% 199 Electoral votes
Fmr. Rep Tom Tancredo (Know Nothing-CO) / Rep. Virgil Goode (Know Nothing-VA) 12.6% 1 Electoral Vote[1]

Gov. Lincoln Chafee (Whig Left-RI) / Gov. Peter Shumlin (Whig Left-VT) 7.9% 15 Electoral votes
Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (Silver-ND) / Rep. Adam Schiff (Silver-CA) 4.7% 48 Electoral votes

Gov. Neil Abercrombie (Missionary-HI) / Various 0.6% 2 Electoral votes
Dennis "Bumpy" Kanahele (Makou-HI) / Various 0.6% 2 Electoral votes[2]

[1] A faithless elector in Virginia cast their vote for the Know Nothing Party.
[2] Hawaii's electors ended up being split along ethnic lines, to say the least.
Why does Chafee win Kentucky of all places?

POD 1944: The 2012 U.S. Presidential Election:

genusmap.php

Former Vice President Gary Franks/Representative Tom Cole (Republican) 295 51.02%
Vice President William Blaine "Bill" Richardson/Senator Rush Holt, Jr. (Democratic) 196 41.08%
Senator Bernie Sanders/Senator Mike Gravel (Progressive) 28 4%
Governor Robert Clinton "Bob" Smith/Senator Richard Shelby (Conservative) 19 3%

Thande

Donor
POD 1944: The 2012 U.S. Presidential Election:

genusmap.php

Former Vice President Gary Franks/Representative Tom Cole (Republican) 295 51.02%
Vice President William Blaine "Bill" Richardson/Senator Rush Holt, Jr. (Democratic) 196 41.08%
Senator Bernie Sanders/Senator Mike Gravel (Progressive) 28 4%
Governor Robert Clinton "Bob" Smith/Senator Richard Shelby (Conservative) 19 3%
That adds up to 140%.

It was a Whig stronghold OTL IIRC.

Which was like 90% because the state was more or less Henry Clay's personal fiefdom throughout the Whig Party's existence. OTOH, it's a very WWC union-heavy state, so they could well stay sympathetic to a party that promises state interventionism and mostly ignores social issues.

Which was like 90% because the state was more or less Henry Clay's personal fiefdom throughout the Whig Party's existence. OTOH, it's a very WWC union-heavy state, so they could well stay sympathetic to a party that promises state interventionism and mostly ignores social issues.

TBF the Democrats have nearly won both Senate seats there multiple times since the 1980s (coming really close in 1984, 1998, 2004 and 2014; of the top of my head.)

For what it's worth - Kentucky, Vermont and Rhode Island did tend to be the three strongest states for the Whigs - and if Kentucky is unexpectedly pro Whig-Left in this that's probably from that time Henry Clay made a Whig remnant party with his own family. [Rodney Frelinghuysen intensifies] More seriously - without a strongly northern party and with Whigs and Know-Nothing's somehow existent, imo you would have to have slavery somehow never really become an issue for the political dimensions to match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.