Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scroll down here to get the table.

Also, how in the hell did you make New York, a state that is the 5th most-liberal go red? I'd like to hear your methodology in more detail.

Scroll down here to get the table.

Also, how in the hell did you make New York, a state that is the 5th most-liberal go red? I'd like to hear your methodology in more detail.
Sure. Like I said, I was only using the percentages in those two articles, so I knew that they were going to be way off. For the most conservative states, I subtracted the percentage of self-identified conservatives from the percentage of Republican voters adjusted for equality (the nationwide percentages are equalized for the GOP and Democrats). In all of those cases, the GOP still had a higher percentage than the Democrats. On the other hand, I subtracted the percentage of self-identified liberals from the percentage of Democratic voters adjusted for equality in the liberal states. With the exceptions of Hawaii, Vermont, and DC, the GOP had a plurality if the Democratic votes were split between "liberals" and "moderates". Though I admit that it was a poor method, so I'm going to use that new article you provided to make it more accurate. Thanks.

genusmap.php

Greeley & Brown 195 ev
Grant & Wilson 157 ev
States Changes: 13. Virginia, Delaware, Arkansas, West Virginia, Connecticut, Alabama, Indiana, New York, Florida, Ohio, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Wisconsin
genusmap.php

Tilden & Hendricks 313 ev
Hayes & Wheeler 56 ev
State Changes: 12. South Carolina, Ohio, California, Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Illinois, Oregon, New Hampshire, Nevada, Michigan.
genusmap.php

Hancock & English 302 ev
Garfield & Arthur 67 ev
State Changes: 10. Indiana, Oregon, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Ohio, Colorado, Maine, Illinois,

genusmap.php

Blaine & Logan 317 ev
Cleveland & Hendricks 84 ev
State Changes: 11. New York, Connecticut, Indiana, New Jersey, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Maryland, Florida, North Carolina, Missouri
genusmap.php

Cleveland & Thurman 357 ev
Harrison & Morton 44 ev
State Changes: 11. Indiana, New York, Ohio, New Hampshire, California, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts.

Last edited:
While campaigning during the 2012 election, Romney compared himself to Reagan a lot. Here's what 2012 would look like in an actual Reagan-esque landslide:

genusmap.php

Republican: Mitt Romney (Massachusetts)/Paul Ryan (Wisconsin) - 360 EVs, 50.8%
Democratic: Barack Obama (Illinois)/Joe Biden (Delaware) - 178 EVs, 41%

Last edited:
I've been using this calculator result to make this map.

I call it "Nightmare on Westminster Street". ;)

Labour: 307 seats, 28%
Conservative: 297 seats, 30%
Nationalist: 18 seats, 3%
Green: 5 seats, 13%
Liberal Democrat: 4 seats, 3%
UKIP: 0 seats, 15%

Nightmare on Westminster Street.png

Greens taking Sheffield Hallam before Sheffield Central surprises me, but I suppose that's the vagaries of that calculator.
True. I would be definitely interested in a more realistic version of this being done by someone else and developed a bit more to see what happens next.

Greens taking Sheffield Hallam before Sheffield Central surprises me, but I suppose that's the vagaries of that calculator.

It's probably down to the utter collapse of the Lib Dem vote combined with the universal swing.

EDIT: Also, for such a fractured vote, that map is insanely 1968-ish.

2067 Congressional Election of America

From my WIP timeline "Rapture-lite™"
Basicly, after several well-planned catastrophes, the United States (along with other nations) aquires new land in africa, this is after 40 years of Americanization.

Red is the Democratic-Labour Party

Blue is the Republican Party

Lighter colors indicate polls taken in the territories, indicating how they would've voted if they where states

2067 Congressional Elections.png

genusmap.php

Yet another map based off of that Gallup poll. In this scenario, the GOP nominates an ultra-conservative candidate, alienating moderates and driving them into the Democratic camp. In other words, the GOP nominates another Goldwater six decades after the fact and gets the same results.

2024 Presidential Election Results
Dick Baldwin (D-MI) / Chuck Murphy (D-MA) - 529 EV
Ron Roberts (R-WY) / Roger Cochran (R-MS) - 9 EV

Last edited:
That confirms a suspicion I've always had about Oregon politics.
And what would that be?

Anyways, here's my attempt at a "basemap" scenario based off of 2012. What I did was that I added Obama and Romney's national percentage points together and got the average (49.13). I then took 1.93 from the Democrats and added 1.93 to the Republicans in every state (except Illinois, Delaware, Wisconsin, and Massachusetts). For Illinois, I took an additional 2.5 from the Democrats and gave an additional 2.5 to the GOP (for Obama's home state advantage), and did the same thing in reverse for Massachusetts, to negate Romney's advantage. I also took 1.25 from the GOP in Wisconsin/Democrats in Delaware and gave it to the Democrats in Wisconsin/GOP in Delaware to make up for Ryan and Biden's home state advantages. Here are the results:

genusmap.php

Democrats - 285 EVs, 49.13%
Republicans - 253 EVs, 49.13%

And the close states:

Margin of Victory <5:

Virginia: 0.02%
Ohio: 0.88%
Colorado: 1.50%
Pennsylvania: 1.52%
New Hampshire: 1.72%
Iowa: 1.95%
Nevada: 2.82%