Alternate Electoral Maps III

Can someone tell me what defines current politics on this site? Apparently an ASB 2036 prediction got included as current politics.

It looks overwhelmingly like 2016 with Bernie in Vermont, McMullin in Utah and SO. Idaho, a strong Libertarian presence in the West with an emphasis on New Mexico, and the Greens in Hawaii
It's the shift between 2012 and 2016, actually, with third parties included.

Can someone tell me what defines current politics on this site? Apparently an ASB 2036 prediction got included as current politics.
So, in 2019, in the US, it would be the election cycles between 2016-2020, as well as a box that uses current political figures in a way that could lead to current political discussion. So, I'd also recommend keeping a lot of 2024 stuff in current politics, especially if they include people like AOC but that's just me. I'm not quite sure what 2036 map you're referencing.
It's the shift between 2012 and 2016, actually, with third parties included.
Hey, I was close enough :p

I have a request: could someone do a map for the county swing between 1996 & 2000, but reversed? so for example, if a county swung 5 points D compared to '96, instead it swings 5% R instead and so on.

Anything involving the next or previous election cycle (so for the US that would be 2020 and 2016) or current/recent political figures (so just about all maps involving Trump, most maps involving Hillary Clinton, etc.)

Anything involving the next or previous election cycle (so for the US that would be 2020 and 2016) or current/recent political figures (so just about all maps involving Trump, most maps involving Hillary Clinton, etc.)

I dont want to drag this out longer than needed, but I just want to know, since you mentioned Trump, would it be fine to have maps of him running back in the past or something? Like for example, Trump instead of Perot in 1992

I dont want to drag this out longer than needed, but I just want to know, since you mentioned Trump, would it be fine to have maps of him running back in the past or something? Like for example, Trump instead of Perot in 1992
I doubt it since it would prompt someone to discuss current politics.
Avoiding current politics means one must avoid current politicians.

Bomster McGovern 1968
What if McGovern won the Nomination in 1968?

genusmap.php

Richard M. Nixon (R-NY)/Spiro Agnew (R-MD) - 298 EV, 41% PV
George McGovern (D-SD)/Ted Kennedy (D-MA) - 187 EV, 40% PV
George Wallace (AI-AL)/Curtis LeMay (AI-CA) - 53 EV, 18% PV

What if McGovern won the Nomination in 1968?

genusmap.php

Richard M. Nixon (R-NY)/Spiro Agnew (R-MD) - 298 EV, 41% PV
George McGovern (D-SD)/Ted Kennedy (D-MA) - 187 EV, 40% PV
George Wallace (AI-AL)/Curtis LeMay (AI-CA) - 53 EV, 18% PV

I think most people would freak if Wallace got basically half of the vote of either one of the major nominations. That's basically as good as Perot

DPKdebator Gore V Bush 2000
Since the other thread was closed shortly after I posted this map, I'll repost it here:

EPgVa6W.jpg

I made a map for a matchup between John McCain and Al Gore for president in 2000. Can you guess the state map?

I don’t think so. There might be some exceptions, but for the most part it’s just best to avoid him entirely (or just play it safe and post them in the current politics thread).

Adam The Nerd New York
After 4 days, I finally did it. I finally made a map of New York with 45 Congressional District, just like in its hay day.

Statewide map
jCENbES.png

Buffalo Inset
K1Vwkd1.png

NYC Metro Inset
KNNrOe1.png

Downtown NYC Inset
DBGTbwk.png

Tell me what y'all think. I really should be asleep right now.

After 4 days, I finally did it. I finally made a map of New York with 45 Congressional District, just like in its hay day.

Tell me what y'all think. I really should be asleep right now.
I don't like how you split up Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, personally.