Alternate Electoral Maps III

I decided to play around a bit with Dave's Redistricting again and did a redraw of Ohio based on a scenario where the Republican-drawn districts are struck down and redrawn to avoid county splitting and severe partisan bias like the ones in Pennsylvania. The party margins bit might be kind of off since it's based on the 2008 election. I suspect if these boundaries were used in 2018 it would only have given the Dems all the seats they won by over 10% plus the 12th (maybe the 2nd at a push, but I'm not convinced), although that still means a 9 GOP-7 Dem partisan split instead of a 12 GOP-4 Dem one.

upload_2019-3-1_1-10-23.png

Since everyone's posting district maps, I guess I'll give the forum a sneak peak at my upcoming Texas Twitter map. I made this map to show how the current redistricting rules (VRA, all people counted including nonvoters) would benefit the Democrats in Texas and the rest of the Southwest in a fair situation, just like how the Republicans benefit from the rules in Wisconsin, Michigan, and much of the Midwest. But to prove this, I don't use the outdated 10 year old data provided by the DRA2020 software - I convert my maps into a GIS environment and then pull out a more recent, and more relevant election.

wBKL72n.png

Last edited:
2004 (65+ only)
genusmap.php

George W. Bush - 279
John Kerry - 259

I'm slightly confused by Virginia going for Kerry but the entire Deep South and Florida going for Bush, since those states were historically more Democratic than Virginia and I'd expect there to be more 65+ y.o ancestral Dems in them.

I'm slightly confused by Virginia going for Kerry but the entire Deep South and Florida going for Bush, since those states were historically more Democratic than Virginia and I'd expect there to be more 65+ y.o ancestral Dems in them.
Gonna guess, like West Virginia, a lot of older southwest Virginians in Appalachia were more loyal to the Democrats than people down south.

OK Another guessing game: What year and who are the candidates and who wins and how can this happen?
genusmap.php

Election year: 189X-193X
Democratic Representative (Great Plains state)
Republican Senator (Industrial Midwestern state)
Third Party Vice President who was betrayed (Mid-Atlantic state)

Last edited:
OK Another guessing game: What year and who are the candidates and who wins and how can this happen?
genusmap.php

Election year: 189X-193X
Democratic Senator (Great Plains state)
Republican Senator (Industrial Midwestern state)
Third Party Vice President who was betrayed (Mid-Atlantic state)
It's 1908. The Democrat is Bryan, the Republican is Taft, and Teddy's running a third party campaign after getting screwed by the GOP.